Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Aquarium Socionics

  1. #1
    the Omniscient Nexus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    TIM
    INTp
    Posts
    1,408
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Aquarium Socionics

    Moray Eel - Gamma Judging
    Great Barracuda - Gamma Perceiving
    Black-Banded Leporinus - Beta Judging
    Red-Bellied Piranha- Beta Perceiving
    Jellyfish - Delta Judging
    Tiger Shark - Delta Perceiving
    Lionfish - Alpha Judging
    Lobster - Alpha Perceiving

  2. #2
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Jellyfish are Si base.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    Jellyfish are Si base.
    And it is not even a fish.

    Do any of you people like lobster ?

  4. #4
    the Omniscient Nexus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    TIM
    INTp
    Posts
    1,408
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    Jellyfish are Si base.
    I disagree; jellyfish have no need to create and share judgments, rather they judge what they know based on collective input from their senses and create changes in sense accordingly; they seemed able to distinguish and respond to different people around the aquarium, even anticipate them...The tiger sharks were obviously IEE and SLI, and seemed interested in preserving a calm, peaceful vibe in the aquarium. The barracudas seemed like they were at a attention in military ranks, and were ultimately very philosophy-oriented in their actions and consistent in their communication, in the same tank the moray eels, while very serious and sweet in a rational way, were either very Se or very Ni. The lobsters and other crustaceans in the tidepool didn't like being watched but seemed interested in understanding the observers. The lionfish seemed to understand the hesitation at their posionous spines and their communication seemed to hinge a lot on reasoning. Piranhas are very decisive, they seemed to respond collectively, in packs, but also tend to be very understanding. The Banded Leporinus I had never heard of before but they were obviously very involved in maintaining the balance of power in the Piranha tank, mostly by constantly understanding the circumstances and creating decisions...they turned out to be another ferocious amazon species after I looked them up on the internet...
    Last edited by Nexus; 12-26-2010 at 08:48 PM.

  5. #5
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Jellyfish drift around, swimming vaguely, collecting whatever food comes near enough to paralyse and eat.

    That's minimal energy expenditure right there. Si base.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    I disagree; jellyfish have no need to create and share judgments, rather they judge what they know based on collective input from their senses and create changes in sense accordingly; they seemed able to distinguish and respond to different people around the aquarium, even anticipate them...
    How about sea wasps ?

  7. #7
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Do any of you people like lobster ?
    Depends on where it pinches me.

  8. #8
    the Omniscient Nexus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    TIM
    INTp
    Posts
    1,408
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    Jellyfish drift around, swimming vaguely, collecting whatever food comes near enough to paralyse and eat.

    That's minimal energy expenditure right there. Si base.
    wow you are a genius, I guess viruses are also Si base, like you

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    How about sea wasps ?
    I don't think I saw any. I was hoping for an octopus but I didn't see that either. The sea lion and dolphin were harder to type because they behave differently than humans, and being warm-blooded, large-brained mammals have more capacity for deceit and subconscious id activity (or rather, superconscious, if you consider that non-mammals are far more subconscious in their functioning).

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Depends on where it pinches me.
    Heart. Love at first sight. Yum.

    I don't think I saw any.
    I will have to V.I one first -what should I look for besides the temperament ?

  10. #10
    the Omniscient Nexus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    TIM
    INTp
    Posts
    1,408
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    I will have to V.I one first -what should I look for besides the temperament ?
    well, changing externals are a sure sign of knowing or reasoning, try to get a response

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    well, changing externals are a sure sign of knowing or reasoning, try to get a response
    Thanks for the advice. Cheers.

  12. #12
    Creepy-male

    Default

    I wouldn't mind being a virus. At least retroviruses get to leave their mark.

  13. #13
    the Omniscient Nexus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    TIM
    INTp
    Posts
    1,408
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    I wouldn't mind being a virus. At least retroviruses get to leave their mark.
    sometimes I think that the entire human genome is just a bunch of symbiotic retroviruses

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    I wouldn't mind being a virus. At least retroviruses get to leave their mark.
    You share your body with "tons" of retroviruses as we speak

  15. #15
    Creepy-male

    Default

    It's certainly interesting to think of the human organism as a network of organic computers. The implications for biocomputing have always fascinated me.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    It's certainly interesting to think of the human organism as a network of organic computers. The implications for biocomputing have always fascinated me.
    Eh ?

  17. #17
    the Omniscient Nexus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    TIM
    INTp
    Posts
    1,408
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Eh ?
    I used to work in a computational biophysics research lab,
    it's really only interesting if there's a reason for the computation.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    I used to work in a computational biophysics research lab,
    it's really only interesting if there's a reason for the computation.
    I know this is off-topic but one scoring ENTJ in MBTI is in socionics ... ?

  19. #19
    the Omniscient Nexus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    TIM
    INTp
    Posts
    1,408
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    I know this is off-topic but one scoring ENTJ in MBTI is in socionics ... ?
    ENTj?

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    ENTj?
    Yea, thanks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •