Thread: Peoples that I may or may not know

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Peoples that I may or may not know

But I do have pictures and some descriptions of them.

No quoting pics, thanks!

Person #1

[removed]

Semi-quiet, semi-shy, not an attention-seeker, but can still present in front of people and isn't afraid of organizing people/events. We get along well and can communicate well in a number of topics. She tends to talk more than me, and will express her opinions slightly more firmly. And, yet, she's one of the few people I feel more comfortable sharing my thoughts with (relative to other people I know at that level). She approaches things in a way that makes sense to and resonates with me.

Person #2

[removed]

Is very talented but tends to have a bit of a self-effacing attitude. He also seems to get slightly annoyed when people praise him to much or act like he's the best. He likes helping people, though, and will spend hours talking. He's quiet but active in his field. I like him well enough, but our conversations usually die kind of quickly unless there's objective information that needs to get exchanged.

Person #3

[removed]

We hit it off fairly well right away. Despite being, by all appearances, an incurably flirtatious party-girl socialite, she seems pretty ok with my non-Fe ways. Although, whenever we hang out I tend to get the feeling I'm still too "dampened" and potentially wet-blanket-ish, and I definitely do not fit in with her normal crowd. (They scare me a little, tbh...) She always seems eager to protect/help me out in social situations where I don't know the ropes. That said, she doesn't stay as still as I might actually like (if that makes any sense).

She has a tender core which I found very easily. She's taken me shopping twice, both times capably figuring out my needs, which are different from hers, and giving pointers accordingly. (I hate shopping so this is probably a bigger deal to me than it should be.)

Person #4

[removed]

Can talk forever, I think. He has good business sense with ambitions that he breaks down into practical and doable phases/steps. If nothing else I think I'd like to pick his brains more in that regard. Seems to appreciate thinking ahead and planning for potentials. I actually don't know much about this one in person. I think the one real conversation we had went exactly nowhere, with him partially talking with another person at the same time and then losing me in jargon at which point I wandered away and he kept talking with that other person.
    Last edited by Minde; 01-24-2011 at 03:34 AM.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assume from the mixing desk that person two is a sound engineer? SLI.

Is or was person one married/longtermed to person two? EII?

Person three looks fun... from your description maybe ESE? Nigellaish

Extravert for person four - from your description LSE?
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gold star to Somavision for being the first to reply!

Yes, the first two are married. And he does indeed know how to do sound. As well as a number of other things.

What is Nigellaish?

Hah, if he is LSE it would be points toward the theory that duals do not initially attract or even necessarily get along smooth as butter.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The first girl is an introverted feeler. The other is probably ESE.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first picture of the woman in red reminds me of someone I personally dislike.

The description doesn't seem to match, though.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Person 4 certainly does not look LSE. I'd say intuitive for him.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#2: SLI would be my guess.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Person 4 certainly does not look LSE. I'd say intuitive for him.
    I agree - It was a flight of fancy. LIE a possibility?
    IEE-Ne

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guesses:

1- SEI or IEE
    2- ILE or SLI
    3-ESE (or SEE ?)
    4-ILI

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Gold star to Somavision for being the first to reply!

Yes, the first two are married. And he does indeed know how to do sound. As well as a number of other things.

What is Nigellaish?

Hah, if he is LSE it would be points toward the theory that duals do not initially attract or even necessarily get along smooth as butter.
    Cheers - I like gold stars.

hmmm multitalented for nunber two eh? any other superskills?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigella_Lawson

Do you think that the last guy might be LSE, it really was a randomy guess, based loosley on how you described him along with an EJish ness I thought I saw.
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    Guesses:

1- SEI or IEE
    2- ILE or SLI
    3-ESE (or SEE ?)
    4-ILI
    really close to what i thought too:

1. IEE, though SEI could be now that u mention it
    2. i thought delta ST (not ILE--i'm thinking ILE would LOOVE praise)
    3. i thought SEE from the description and look taken together, though ESE wouldn't be out of the question (quasis )
    4. wasn't sure, i'm between LIE, LII, and ILI
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

my guesses:

1: SEI
    2: EII
    3: SEE>IEE>ESE
    4. EIE or LIE>LSE

weeeeeeeeeee.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    my guesses:

1: SEI
    2: EII
    3: SEE>IEE>ESE
    4. EIE or LIE>LSE

weeeeeeeeeee.
    oooh yeah i like your idea of EII for #2 actually.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1. LSE or IEE
    2. SLI or ILI
    3. SEE (not )
    4. EIE? LIE? LSE?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty sure #3 is ESE.
    #4 has a Gilly thing going.
    Not sure abou4 #2...
    #1 is probably delta...

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, good feedback, people. Thank you!

My hunches thus far:

#1 - Delta, likely, or ISFj maybe
    #2 - Ip seems a good bet, possibly Alpha or Delta
    #3 - Kind of a trick question since I'm fairly certain she's ESFp. She hangs out with Gamma/Beta people, I think mostly Beta, which might be a reason she likes to hang out with me, for a measure of balance (Fi/Te valuing).
    #4 - The one I have the least solid idea about. Ej seems likely, though, from all external appearances.

I'll have more opportunities to interact with them coming up. What do you guys think I should look for? Or tests to put them through?

In any case, any further ideas or thoughts are welcome.

@ Somavision -

Re: #2 and superskills - His wife says he began coding when he was 8, and computer languages are thus now close to a native tongue for him. How he thinks about them is almost intuitive and incredibly easy, kind of like how technology in general is natural to modern children.

@ tcaud -

What do you mean by a Gilly thing?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

1. S type..other then that can't see much of VI; ESFp or ESTp from VI. Does she display Fi feelings or Fe? She doesn't seem to be an introvert. You can usually tell with their introverted look, like they are within themselves and not in the moment. She seems to be an E
    2. STp
    3. ESFp
    4. ESTj is very likely.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-male

Impressions + Typings

One

Looks very motherly and friendly, warm round cheeks, pale skinned, red head, endomorphic, soft disposition, a bit nervous looking like she doesn't like the camera so close, but genuinely friendly.

Type -- EII
    Alternate Options -- SEI, ESI, SLI
    Enneagram -- e2w1 sp/so
    Why Him/Why Her -- Negotiator (Estrogen Dominant)

Two

Introverted, endomorphic, masculine, friendly, technical, soft disposition, relatively clean cut (minus the bread), looks a bit country or scandnavian

Type -- SLI
    Alternate Options -- ESI, SEI, LSE
    Enneagram -- e? (sp/so)
    Why Him/Why Her -- Director (Testosterone Dominant)

Three

Attractive, Exhuberant, Expressive, Engaging, Big Eyes, Feminine. The Top picture is engaging, like see just looked up and smiled at someone a little bit reserved. The Bottom Left is shouting like a crazy party animal into the microphone. The Bottom Right she is trying to engage the guy she is talking to.

Type -- IEE
    Alternate Options -- SEE, ESE
    Enneagram -- e7w6 or e3w2 sx/so
    Why Him/Why Her -- Explorer / Negotiator (Dopamine Dominant)

Four

Professional Solid Smile, Looks level headed and extroverted, not a crazy party animal extrovert but the social stable kind, softer rounder face -- less tesoterone injected manliness and probably more serotonin, rational, probably thinker, smile looks a bit phony as in its a proffesional social smile, probably friendly.

Type -- LSE
    Alternate Options -- LIE, ILE, ESE
    Enneagram -- e6w7 so/sp
    Why Him/Why Her -- Builder (Serotonin Dominant)

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. IEE
    2. SEI or SLI
    3. SEE
    4. eh? LIE?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably IEE for #1, yeah.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#5)

#6)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of your friends' photos look as if they were from some fashion catalogue. Were you the photographer? ;-) What was the camera been used?

Anyway, here are my impressions:

#5: Ne-ENFp or Ne-ENTp
    #6: Fe-ISFp

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#5 looks like my old high school crush, Alex. No VI opinion, except that she looks Si/Ne. Maybe ESE, though.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    Some of your friends' photos look as if they were from some fashion catalogue. Were you the photographer? ;-) What was the camera been used?

Anyway, here are my impressions:

#5: Ne-ENFp or Ne-ENTp
    #6: Fe-ISFp
    Thanks, Eunice! No, I didn't take any of these photos. Although, I guess in a round-about way I influenced a couple of them since two or three of them were taken by someone who was a student of someone I taught. I don't know what kind of cameras were used, though the better quality shots were probably taken with a SLR.

Some short descriptions:

#5) Outgoing, friendly girl. She likes to laugh and can be a little goofy, but she can also focus on serious things and she isn't pushy about anything. She's pretty good at reaching out to other people.

I don't interact with her a whole lot, though I probably will in the next few months. Thus far we seem like we'd get along just fine. Then again, both of us are the kind where on average we get along with everyone, so I don't know how helpful that is. I will say that I'm not sure yet how we'd do on close terms, but I'm glad for the impact she has on groups of people.

#6) This kid cracks me up. He's a great kid, responsible, attentive, focuses on what I say, really quick to pick up on concepts. But he's a bit... scatter-brained, too. Fairly often, it seems, he'll forget about schedule-related things, like where he's supposed to be next.

He is very inventive and resourceful. Apparently he has his whole room customized with things like a switch where he can turn everything on and off from right by his bed, a desk that folds and rearranges based on what he's doing, a backup generator/battery thing to keep his electronics powered in the event of a power out, etc.

He's good with technology and has the ability to do things like programming or editing video, but he also seems to enjoy being physically active, particularly if it's doing something challenging. I don't think he's particularly competitive apart from exploring how far he personally can go with various ideas.