Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if that "love" is legal...

The guy is an idiot for selling the books. Writing a book and creating art is one thing, intentionally helping others to commit crimes is another.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How sick is that?
    Forget free speech. This is something which can't be tolerated. Send him to a mental hospital and lock him up. That would might be better than simple prison, since people tend to get out of that fast if they spent there a few years.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

this guy seems like an SLI or something. come on, a "how-to" book? lol practical methodical knowledge - that's so .

Creepy-male

Hmm interesting, lol I don't support pedophilia at all and I find that guy odd, but this brings up a free speech issue... the banning of books by the government and arresting people for the ideas they express versus the actions they commit.

Of course in this instance, its hard to defend this guy.... pedophilia is universally regarded as disgusting... but what if there was ever an instance where a certain ideology spread so rapid that anyone against it would be arrested for expressing a dissenting view and books would be banned that expressed unapproved views. Where does one draw the line between personal freedom and safety of the members of society? The fact there isn't a clear guide for that is disturbing.

As far as the guy is concerned I don't know what to make of him, no one just goes out and spends time writing a book on pedophilia just because, but if the guy is telling the truth, I don't see anything wrong with simply writing about a subject that is disturbing or disgusting (I wouldn't ever imagine buying the book though). I'm actually more curious to know why the hell he decided to write the book, because its not something people take an interest to.... is he trying to make a point about free speech, is he really a sick minded person who like pedophilia but is smart enough to never do it so he writes about it instead like a sick fantasy, is he trying to make a case that pedophilia isn't always wrong, did he have a friend arrested for statuatory rape he felt didn't deserve conviction, was it all the media exposure about pedophiles.... etc etc. Why did he write the damn thing.

None of that matters though, because society is completely intolerant to pedophilia, and the moment he so much as admitted he wrote it, he had sealed himself behind bars. I don't think anyone will ever know the real reason, because no one really cares about the issues. I don't blame them though, pedophilia is pretty disturbing, and I can see why they'd prefer to just lock them away.

There are so many issues though, because also.... it says there is a crime about "You cannot engage or depict children in a harmful relationship".... what about movies that depict children in sick predictements.... like chuckie the doll from the horror movie, or dateline NBC..... purely because in one instance it is subjectively interpretted as pro-pedophilia and another it is against-pedophilia. That of course is disturbing because what if its neutral in content and not enough effort is taken to advocate against it, and then you get thrown into jail subject to the neruosis of the court.

Also the quote "The message is very clear: If you write a book, if you sell that book, if you transmit that book to anyone in our jurisdiction, then we will investigate you and arrest, because our goal is protect the children," and "There may be nothing that the other 49 states can do, but there is something that the state of Florida can do ... to make sure we prosecute Philip Greaves for his manifesto,"

It seems like florida is trying to use this as a PR stunt, originally the issue was raised concerning amazon.com to distribute the material, which amazon.com defending the guys right, but under media pressure buckled. Then of course florida, purchased the book, importing it into their jurisdication and then prosecuted him on florida statues and got him extradited to florida where they pressed charges, then told the media.... that in florida we protect our children etc.... a clearly red/conservative state.... the guys seems to be a pawn for a political PR scheme. Maybe they will be exceedingly harsh on the guy to make a point and play to the conservative majority in florida. I don't know, but it complicates things, because not only does the citizen now have to monitor their thoughts to make sure its properly in line with the dominant majority but they have to make sure there in line with foreign identities or else you get extradited. Then what if there is a difference between the ideologies of foreign identities and domestic then you must choose between persecution by your domestic governance or a foreign one, and whatever choice you make, there is going to be someone against it, which flies in the face of the whole entire point of the law, safety.... it actually creates an environment of complete and total fear and persecution.

I don't support pedophilia, but there are so many issues in this concerning law enforcement ethics.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banning any type of information is illogical. Underneath his weirdo mask he seems to have just written it for the lulz. He handled those questions well... too well.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    He handled those questions well... too well.
    haha yea thats what I thought, he acted like he was chilling out at the beach or something and not getting interviewed about pedophilia.

Lol and when he said 1 person bought it, I wonder if that was the florida police trying to arrest him and he didn't know it yet.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a question: if someone at the FBI had been asked to write such a book, for purposes of studying the pedophile mind, how would people react to it if it were leaked?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

hm, is motive or content the more important thing? is that what youre asking?

i dont really know what to think of this. im with lucid in that i dont think his authoring of the book is evidence that he's a real pedophile, but i dont understand why on earth he would do it. if i absolutely had to place a bet i would guess it was some kind of free speech boundary pushing thing.

my first thought was that this kind of material shouldn't be floating around because of the danger it creates. but then i wondered what the consequences would be if every book or created material considered to spread dangerous knowledge were outlawed. i dont like that, either.

but then i also think: isnt pedophilia kind of a compulsive thing? is a pedophile going to be able to keep themselves restrained and inactive until they figure out how to do it "correctly?" i doubt it. or maybe its the idea of it being condoned in a public way?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They just want to make sure he's legit, probably, so they lock him up and ask him questions through trial. Are you a legit purely-intellectual pedo instructor? Good, we just checkin.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think we should re-locate him to a nearby school where the students can keep their eye on him.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    I think we should re-locate him to a nearby school where the students can keep their eye on him.
    I think parents should teach their kids not to let strangers invade their personal space in a way that makes them uncomfortable, from the earliest age they can understand this and really drive the point home, like even if its an authority figure, don't let them do it etc etc. Pedophilia isn't going to disappear overnight, so the best line of defense against it is the kid and good parenting.

Once that is fastened down, then the next issue is practical sex offender policies. Nothing like the entrapment dateline stuff or this kind of thing, but dedicating the most resources to a total war, zero-tolerance approach to actual active threats. Arresting actual pedophiles.

This may seem bad though because its too late when a pedophile has already committed the act, people want to get them before it happens... but that can easily seep into daily life in a bad way. When is security too much security? The answer is there will never be enough security unless complete mind control is possible. As long as people have free will they will think, and they may think these thoughts, and those thoughts may eventually be manifested as actions. Mind control is too far to go... it is not a solution, security only treats the symptoms and if taken too far creates problems.

The solution is psychological understanding of the self and others. That is what will solve the problem of pedophilia, not confining the mind, but opening it..... confining the mind is only confirming the notion that free will is a liability and that a world with freedom and justice can't exist together, that a compromise must be made. Instead through self-understanding people will learn the way for both aspects, justice and freedom to coexist in harmony.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ And then there is the whole problem of free will.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    They just want to make sure he's legit, probably, so they lock him up and ask him questions through trial. Are you a legit purely-intellectual pedo instructor? Good, we just checkin.
    Lol, wth Poli.