Thread: Inadequate Ni descriptions

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Inadequate Ni descriptions

Ok so has been described as time/temporal intuition, "internal dynamics of fields", and vision intuition...and when assigned a role to dualize , the descriptions are always similar to "travel to the future and return with insight", which sounds like BS. I understand that the ability to picture the probability of certain trends can suppress impulsiveness and a fear of the future, but there is no way that is all to /.

Here are a few descriptions that are closer to what I'm looking for:

The individual also longs for a sense of greater meaning in his life beyond the immediately physical and enjoys the company of people who can show him the light in that area.

---
    SLEs long for a sense of some greater meaning in their lives beyond the immediately physical or material. They admire people who feel part of something greater than themselves and are not so dependent on the material world around them.
    SLEs often develop their suggestive function through an interest in that which is hidden, mysterious, or eccentric. Learning about and discussing these things helps them overcome their habit of making quick assumptions, and gives them a more profound understanding of the world around them.
    I have a healthy interest in many metaphysical, abstract and other eccentric concepts and theories and the things I think of and say can border on the edge of crazy. When I think of relaying these thoughts and insights to someone who dwells in the physical, I can only imagine how uninterested, if not outright repulsed, they may be.

With 1981slater's proposal in mind however, it would make sense that I shouldn''t let in on everything

EGO FUNCTIONS:

Physical aggressor, spiritual infantile

Physical caregiver, spiritual victim

Physical infantile, spiritual aggressor

Physical victim, spiritual caregiver

Mental aggressor, emotional infantile

Mental caregiver, emotional victim

Mental infantile, emotional aggressor

Mental victim, emotional caregiver
    With this is mind, it seems I should border on the edge of crazy to have experience with the good and bad, and therefore be able to give the best of to .

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. My favorite is this: http://socionics.ws/wiki/index.php?title=Intuition and http://socionics.ws/wiki/index.php?title=ILI

You can't deny the obvious difference between and here. "ILIs often believe that a well developed understanding of a situation is of greater importance than a deep understanding of the potential outcomes." There are many ways you can word the process, but they're all essentially the same concept.

TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni perceives the constant movement of the implicit connections between things. It's blocked with Te or Fe, so this means an awareness of either the constantly developing, underlying forces between objects' external behavior, or the constantly developing, underlying relationships between their ever-shifting internal content.

It's not that Ni is about time per se, it's just that seeing these relationships implies an awareness of source and destination. Think of it as the perception of one moment in the movement of an object through a magnetic field -- understanding that it's in a magnetic field means knowing that its movement expresses a certain tendency. So if this makes sense, I see Ni as perceiving these "magnetic fields" between things, people etc.

I think we need to be careful about associating Ni with deeper meaning, metaphysical interests, etc. because everyone wants deeper meaning in their lives. But I do think Ni relies on an awareness of these flowing, internal relationships between things, and when it runs up against a wall (when no such relationships are apparent) it can try to create them by filtering the situation through increasing layers of abstract until it's able to find some "hidden connection."

I know this isn't the kind of clear-cut explanation you were looking for, but damn it's hard to put this into words. :/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may have mis-presented myself. I understand what implies, the problem I have is with the descriptions of concerning duality. Should I go all out and potentially scare off my dual? What information should I try to convey? Is refereeing all I'm good for?

When alone, my mind is allowed to consider everything: Old and valued experiences, possible associations between things, higher meanings, the futility of living, taboo fascinations, random imprints of images and song structures, theoretical trains of thought, and, generally, vast subjects knowledge. Should I concern my dual with everything I experience? Or just insight into when one should speed up or slow down, relax or worry? The latter seems like a cop out.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You're overthinking it. Ni is actually a lot more simple than that. Ni is introverted intuition, your inner world of imagination. That's why INFps are incredible writers, and why they suck at a lot of practical things that require a lot of physical finesse. (Well even if they don't suck, it's sort of irrelevant - I'm sure anybody can become good at pretty much anything given the diversity and adapatable nature of human beings but it's a mode of preference.) The fact that you analyze a lot suggests strong Ni. (Ne to me in contrast, is more about giving other people suggestions) Capitalism enables individuals to align to their 'own source', and do what they want do and what they're meant to do from their own spirit. Though the down side to that is bizarre enneagram 3 issues, narcissism, an inability to truly connect with others, loneliness, murder and sociopathy. It's more of a disconnect than is something that's truly to unkind, because to be unkind I think you have to understand kindness.

Anyways. What you ranted against does have a direct correlation to things like forecasting and insight, and accurately predicting the future and how somebody is going to behave- because well, all that stuff is in the mind and requires introverted intuition.

Esfjs don't have this, they are tense when dealing with new situations, unnecessarily springing themselves into actions and doing unproductive results based on a need to caretake the world. Infps, have the opposite problem- they are so unsuare of what physical actions to take because they understand the shadows and darker nature of men very well. So, it is more natural for them to just write about the world than it is to mingle around in it.

Infps get defensive at the emo poetic boy stereotype, but honestly - if infps would stop caring what other people thought, and just did what came naturally to them, they would become incredibly successful as we are like the CEOs in Hollywood, the kings of the universe and the most important and powerful people, as everybody wants the best scribe to follow. I make fun of myself for my weak, nerdy, and pathetic fag qualities. And you should to. So don't hide it. Embrace it. You are meant to do that. You are meant to be an emotional, dramatic writer. You are meant to be a best-selling novelist or screenwriter or playwright, you are not meant to be some business head entj person. I'm willing to go through 15057238472904274 rejection letters before my masterpiece is published and I'm on the new york times bestseller list.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You are only good for referral. But being a referral is the strongest role. People need to be aware of what they're doing and how they're objectively coming across, and only artists and outcasts and Ni-egos can really give that to them.

I'm not sure what you're insecure about. What the fuck is so bad about being a referral? If everybody was meant to be some.... pure manly melee straight man tank class, then we would. We'd all be the same. We'd just all be straight, confident, good at sports, and we'd be normals and want 'careers' and we wouldn't be motivated by feelings or highly personable goals, those really weird quirky feelings that only lesbians have. Please read my 16 types adventure chapter "De-textified" for the hilarious portrayal if gay male writers didn't exist in the world.

Okay I guess you can 'get over your fears!' like you want you to you know. I guess you can just LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST MAN and be some american douche with a personal jet in your backyard or something and this really fancy house and all that material stuff and write a book about how you're not a loser anymore, that instead of 'refeering people' you got your own life and are physical and manly now. But in your deepest of soul, your homosexual soul- you would know you would be selling out, you know you'd be buying into an illusion for more security. You know you'd essentially be isolating yourself, and not risking jumping in the flames of human saddness to come out even stronger on the other side, like a transgender phoenix. But when the world breaks you, don't come crying to me. When you get your soft faggy head bashed in and cracked open- brains splattered all over the floor for teenage boys in bicycles to ride over.... maybe you'll learn to be proud of yourself for running away, instead of fighting for the ego's war- a war you know that nobody wins. And everybody loses.

I know some incredibly good therapists. And some very shitty ones. But I know some great ones. If it's what you're meant to do man just do it. God. Not every male's worth need to be measured by how hard they throw a fucking ball around in a field.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol I think you completely misunderstood.

All I'm asking is: should I impart everything about me to duals or should I restrict what I say? I have no problem with being a referral, I said referee, meaning telling dominants when to attack or yield. Referral implies much more than referee.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Purely as a thought exercise, what would Ni's response to those two paragraphs be if this were a conversation?
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashoton2
    “But with the throttle screwed on, there is only the barest margin, and no room at all for mistakes. It has to be done right... and that's when the strange music starts, when you stretch your luck so far that fear becomes exhilaration and vibrates along your arms. You can barely see at a hundred; the tears blow back so fast that they vaporize before they get to your ears. The only sounds are the wind and a dull roar floating back from the mufflers. You watch the white line and try to lean with it... howling through a turn to the right, then to the left, and down the long hill to Pacifica... letting off now, watching for cops, but only until the next dark stretch and another few seconds on the edge... The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. The others—the living—are those who pushed their luck as far as they felt they could handle it, and then pulled back, or slowed down, or did whatever they had to when it came time to choose between Now and Later. But the edge is still Out there. Or maybe it's In. The association of motorcycles with LSD is no accident of publicity. They are both a means to an end, to the place of definitions.”
    Wow I envisioned an interesting mental scene of the first excerpt.

This is the best representation I could find:

NSFW