Thread: no escaping going out

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default no escaping going out

i've noticed with almost all the xEEs i've known, when they've wanted me to hang out or do something socially, i always end up doing it, no ifs, ands, or buts. they bulldoze away any excuses or hesitation or anything. resistance is futile, lol.

it's not that i don't want to hang out with them, and i'm often glad for their persistance. but it can sometimes be exasperating.

is this type related or just coincidental with the ones i've known?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My father does this. Even when you tell him NO in the most emphatic way possible, he'l still ask another five or six times, just to be sure. I think his type may be LSR, but don't quote me on that.
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... I need more xEEs around.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My SEE brother is persistent exactly like the OP describes but I'm just as tough-minded about not doing the things he wants (or anyone else really) , to the point that he often gives up and I have immense freedom to pursue my own leisure activities.
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I havn't really had a lot of close experience with SEE's but I never really noticed any of the IEE's I know pushing me into social activities. The only issue I've had with IEE's is their sporadic nature, as in wanting to do things without giving me prior warning.

I wonder if the reason they keep asking you to do these things is because you always went along with it in the past, so they're just interpreting that as a "like" on your part...? How open have you been to them about how this kind of stuff makes you feel?
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    i've noticed with almost all the xEEs i've known, when they've wanted me to hang out or do something socially, i always end up doing it, no ifs, ands, or buts. they bulldoze away any excuses or hesitation or anything. resistance is futile, lol.

it's not that i don't want to hang out with them, and i'm often glad for their persistance. but it can sometimes be exasperating.

is this type related or just coincidental with the ones i've known?
    I have the same thing with IEEs, but I've realised I have to make sure we'll have somewhere to stay for the night etc, as they seem pretty carefree about that sort of stuff. Except they usually manage to use their charm to improvise for half measures ie they'll talk someone into letting them stay over but you're sleeping on a floor with no blanket or heating and it's -6

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

edit: dang, i cant figure out how to delete my previous post. i had forgotten about one, which brings the grand total to four (two SEEs and two IEEs). i had somehow decided that this was good enough.

edit 2: yay, i figured it out. nothing to see here, folks...

it looks like the results are mixed. the comments that id get better results if i stood my ground felt a bit polr hit-ish, lol, but i think its a good point and i especially found marie's comments useful.

i found the comments about xEEs generally being more considerate interesting because they made me think about the manifestations of creative Fi and if it would be more likely to prompt one to be considerate of anothers time or to push the other into a closer distance by insisting on doing things together. neither of these scenarios seems inconsistent with Fi to me.

thanks for the responses, guys.
    Last edited by lump; 12-17-2010 at 01:35 PM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Type-related.

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    ... I need more xEEs around.
    + 364
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont know. I do know that when an SEE does NOT want to hang out with you, there is no getting them to do so, no if and or buts.