not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Little Prince

by Antoine de Saint-Exupery. One of my favorite books, and reread many times.

Is it Delta or Beta? Despite the fact that I am Delta and would like to believe that this book is Delta, I have to say that I find a lot of Ni-Ego in the book. Like, "what is essential is invisible to the eye"...It is also very child-like, though, taking a more "infantile" view of the world. There also doesn't seem to be a whole lot of Fe-valuing going on.

When I was in high school, I once spent the whole afternoon in my room reading the book from cover-to-cover (I believe it was my second read-through, but the first time in one sitting), and was so touched by the end of it that I was sobbing.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends on the reader imo.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    Delta.
    WIN! lol

okay, maybe what I should do is ask in the Beta forum if any of them liked this book
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had to read the book a couple times in grade school--I think once for English class and once for French class . TBH i didn't really like it either time. I thought it was a little crazy out there with the traveling to the other planet, etc.

The Alchemist is apparently supposed to be a sort of a take on The Little Prince per reviews, but I actually am enjoying The Alchemist a lot more. Perhaps because it's more realistic, and not so much like someone wrote it while high on psychedelics like The Little Prince seemed to be (to me).

In this sense, I agree that The Little Prince seems to be infused with a lot more Ni than I would prefer.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I had to read the book a couple times in grade school--I think once for English class and once for French class . TBH i didn't really like it either time. I thought it was a little crazy out there with the traveling to the other planet, etc.

The Alchemist is apparently supposed to be a sort of a take on The Little Prince per reviews, but I actually am enjoying The Alchemist a lot more. Perhaps because it's more realistic, and not so much like someone wrote it while high on psychedelics like The Little Prince seemed to be (to me).

In this sense, I agree that The Little Prince seems to be infused with a lot more Ni than I would prefer.
    Glad you like the book . I also enjoyed Alchemist way more than Little Prince.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The book is Beta. There's a definite groping for answers and delving beneath the surface to find the deeper meaning of things going on there, and I don't really see much . What seems like infantility is more than anything.

The Little Prince himself is probably IEI-Fe.

I liked it, myself.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    The book is Beta.
    and LOSE.

Referring to my other recent post in the Delta forum, I am looking at the time in my life when I really loved The Little Prince the most, and got the most out of it. I guess you could say I was "searching for something" at the time.

I've actually tried reading the book a couple of times more recently, and have had a hard time getting through it all. I find myself just skipping around to some of my favorite parts. But my heart is definitely not in it like it used to be. I've moved on to other things.

But you know, it's kind of like a first love in that way, I guess. I will always have a special place in my heart for The Little Prince.

and I don't really see much . What seems like infantility is more than anything.
    Hmm. I'd have to read it again to find this. I actually remember more Fi than Fe, but then I could be wrong.

The Little Prince himself is probably IEI-Fe.
    I could agree with IEI for him, but why Fe-subtype>Ni? Not a challenge, just an honest inquiry.
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't read this book without shedding a tear.

vibe. But something made me think about SiFe also.

Any clue of the author's type?

[Edit: Scrap ]
    Last edited by Aquagraph; 02-06-2012 at 12:04 PM.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta is the impression I perceive as well.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The little prince was one of my favorite books for years...

I found the Alchemist really heavy handed, not at all magical. It makes its "life lessons" too evident, the story sort of bends itself around these "meanings" rather than the other way around...

In sum: little prince is beta, probably!

Ps--the rose was based on Antoine St. Exupery's real life tempestuous Spanish lover. I always loved that scene when he's on earth and he finds entire fields full of roses, gets depressed, and then finally realizes that none of them are "his rose." When I told the biographical detail to an SLE friend though, she immediately said, "So basically, he went to spain and realized there were lots of them." Lol.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

IEI seems good.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI IEI IEI IEI IEI

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Little Prince

Bump.

IEI, EII, something else?

You can read the book here:

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always found this to be sentimental drivel. Can someone please revoke my Beta card now?

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by goldenbane View Post
    I always found this to be sentimental drivel. Can someone please revoke my Beta card now?
    If he is EII, then there is no need. I definitely think it is more likely that he is EII than IEI, but maybe he is neither. The author however is most likely EIE-Ni.