Results 1 to 36 of 36

Thread: aids has been cured

  1. #1
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,809
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Last edited by fox; 12-15-2010 at 05:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  2. #2
    xerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,472
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Victory for unsafe sex!!!
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

  3. #3
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,809
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wonder if condom sales have just dropped?

    Tbh this is great news. A family friend of ours has just recently been diagnosed HIV positive...
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  4. #4
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not so fast.

    A cure of HIV might have been found.

    If it turns out that this is a viable method, then this absolutely is incredible news, but it needs to be re-tested and applied to more cases (lol sample size). It does appear to be a promising development nonetheless.

    Also, one quick note about the abstract: http://bloodjournal.hematologylibrar...10-09-309591v1

    We have previously reported the case of an HIV-infected patient in whom viral replication remained absent despite discontinuation of antiretroviral therapy after transplantation with CCR532/32 stem cells.
    Thank you stem cell research.
    Last edited by tereg; 12-15-2010 at 05:11 AM.
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  5. #5
    xerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,472
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Right now there is someone using stem cells to make gay parents twice as good with children, to really irk off the fundamentalists.
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

  6. #6
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tereg
    We have previously reported the case of an HIV-infected patient in whom viral replication remained absent despite discontinuation of antiretroviral therapy after transplantation with CCR532/32 stem cells.
    Ni cures HIV!
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  7. #7
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What teh hell is aids.

  8. #8
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Super cool. I hope this method pans out--of course there could be something else unexpected in this guy's biochemistry that made it possible for him to be cured as he was. But the fact that there is a successful treatment is incredibly exciting. In fifteen years, this could be a semi-regular treatment. Of course it won't reduce condom sales: once you get infected you still have to go through chemotherapy that basically ruins your life for a long while, and you have to take hella drugs, and I imagine that it's no fun being on immunosuppressants (having to avoid catching a cold and such). But yeah, still really, really cool. And only, like 30 or 40 years since we discovered it was a big deal disease, we've found a potentially viable treatment that actually removes the disease altogether. Yay for modern medical science!
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  9. #9
    Bananas are good. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Rift
    TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,632
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Of course it won't reduce condom sales:
    This assumption vastly underestimates human stupidity, imho.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

    Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

    For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

    -Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    First ask yourself the question 'does HIV cause AIDS'. It was linked to cancer at the beginning.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    :in niffweed's voice: Now you know.
    In niffweed's words a retrovirus is cytotoxic ?

  12. #12
    force my hand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,334
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    First ask yourself the question 'does HIV cause AIDS'. It was linked to cancer at the beginning.
    The scientific consensus is a resounding 'yes'.

    Views to the contrary typically fall into the camp of 'denialism'. Relevant links:

    What is denialism
    AIDSTruth.org - The scientific evidence for HIV/AIDS
    AIDS/HIV at Aetiology
    Correcting the AIDS Lies
    AIDS.org
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have to learn to keep my big mouth shut someday.

    Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    The scientific consensus is a resounding 'yes'.
    Yup, that's right. It began with Dr. Robert Gallo but not much as a fact - a belief. As most(?) scientific breakthroughs go with discovering something, one also discovers that the idea was stolen, in this case a sample with the virus, from Dr. Luc Montagnier.

    Thanks for the links - going to look at them later. Denialism. That's a nice label but don't think I am one

  14. #14
    force my hand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,334
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Thanks for the links - going to look at them later. Denialism. That's a nice label but don't think I am one
    That's good to hear!

    I'm not in the business of public witch-hunts - so please don't take this as a personal attack - but given that denialists have found a voice on this forum in the past, I want to pass along the appropriate information if the opportunity presents itself.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    ...but given that denialists have found a voice on this forum in the past...
    Names.

    By the way, do Lysenkoists fall under the Denialism category ?

  16. #16
    Bananas are good. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Rift
    TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,632
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So, does this mean the pool's back open?
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

    Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

    For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

    -Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

  17. #17
    force my hand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,334
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Names.
    I'm not going to list names, but forum searches on vaccines, global warming, big oil, conspiracy theories, etc. should net you the requisite culprits.

    By the way, do Lysenkoists fall under the Denialism category ?
    I'm unfamiliar with the term, but upon a cursory glance it's quite possible that Lysenkoists employ/employed any number of denialist techniques:

    -Conspiracy
    -Selectivity (cherry-picking)
    -Fake experts
    -Impossible expectations (also known as moving goalposts)
    -General fallacies of logic

    (--http://scienceblogs.com/denialism/about.php)
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    I'm not going to list names, but forum searches on vaccines, global warming, big oil, conspiracy theories, etc. should net you the requisite culprits.
    Fair enough. I know the names already.

    I'm unfamiliar with the term, but upon a cursory glance it's quite possible that Lysenkoists employ/employed any number of denialist techniques
    Well, as the 'time will tell' saying goes, and after reading some of that content you linked, I am not surprised one bit - Dr. Robert Gallo, the co-discoverer of HIV was himself a denialist.

    EDIT #1

    http://scienceblogs.com/denialism/about.php

    Denialism is the employment of rhetorical tactics to give the appearance of argument or legitimate debate, when in actuality there is none. These false arguments are used when one has few or no facts to support one's viewpoint against a scientific consensus or against overwhelming evidence to the contrary. They are effective in distracting from actual useful debate using emotionally appealing, but ultimately empty and illogical assertions.
    That's exactly what Dr. Robert Gallo has done.
    Last edited by Absurd; 12-15-2010 at 08:07 PM.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Long term, this might make blood transplants more common, put more research dollars into transplant effectiveness, and lower costs of drugs.

    Goodness knows it's good news for Africa, Haiti, etc.

    But it looks like Big Pharma is going to have to be beaten first. As it is, cocktails are giving the Big Pharma-bought media an opening for discouraging further research.

    But isn't that funny, that it turns out to be this easy? Because we were taking the reductionist, experimental approach when all that was needed was to flush out the immune system with pure Se power.

  20. #20
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    But isn't that funny, that it turns out to be this easy? Because we were taking the reductionist, experimental approach when all that was needed was to flush out the immune system with pure Se power.
    I don't really consider the process of getting a bone marrow transplant (at least in my limited knowledge of the process) to be "this easy", especially for the patient who needs to have it done.

    http://cumc.columbia.edu/dept/medici...w/bmtinfo.html

    You tell me if this sounds "easy"

    In patients with leukemia, aplastic anemia, and some immune deficiency diseases, the stem cells in the bone marrow malfunction, producing an excessive number of defective or immature blood cells (in the case of leukemia) or low blood cell counts (in the case of aplastic anemia). The immature or defective blood cells interfere with the production of normal blood cells, accumulate in the bloodstream and may invade other tissues.

    Large doses of chemotherapy and/or radiation are required to destroy the abnormal stem cells and abnormal blood cells. These therapies, however, not only kill the abnormal cells but can destroy normal cells found in the bone marrow as well. Similarly, aggressive chemotherapy used to treat some lymphomas and other cancers can destroy healthy bone marrow. A bone marrow transplant enables physicians to treat these diseases with aggressive chemotherapy and/or radiation by allowing replacement of the diseased or damaged bone marrow after the chemotherapy/radiation treatment.

    While bone marrow transplants do not provide 100 percent assurance that the disease will not recur, a transplant can increase the likelihood of a cure or at least prolong the period of disease-free survival for many patients.

    ...

    A bone marrow transplant is a physically, emotionally, and psychologically taxing procedure for both the patient and family. A patient needs and should seek as much help as possible to cope with the experience. "Toughing it out" on your own is not the smartest way to cope with the transplant experience.

    The bone marrow transplant is a debilitating experience. Imagine the symptoms of a severe case of the flu - nausea, vomiting, fever, diarrhea, extreme weakness. Now imagine what it's like to cope with the symptoms not just for several days, but for several weeks. That approximates what a BMT patient experiences during hospitalization.

    During this period the patient will feel very sick and weak. Walking, sitting up in bed for long periods of time, reading books, talking on the phone, visiting with friends or even watching TV may require more energy than the patient has to spare.

    Complications can develop after a bone marrow transplant such as infection, bleeding, graft-versus-host disease, or liver disease, which can create additional discomfort. The pain, however, is usually controllable by medication. In addition, mouth sores can develop that make eating and swallowing uncomfortable. Temporary mental confusion sometimes occurs and can be quite frightening for the patient who may not realize it's only temporary. The medical staff will help the patient deal with these problems.
    Edit: The research does seem to be heading in the right direction, and perhaps this method will improve as you've stated with more research. My point is is that this is not an open-and-shut case just yet. This is not a silver bullet. It needs to be re-tested for efficacy and predictability.

    Also, finding a bone marrow transplant donor with the genetic mutation that was used here is very limited.

    I remain cautiously, but skeptically optimistic.
    Last edited by tereg; 12-16-2010 at 04:30 AM.
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  21. #21
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Okay, so the basic idea is... shut down the patient's immune system, and the virus starves to death.

    Cool.

    (Someone tell me whether my assumption after reading about a paragraph is actually correct.)



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  22. #22
    Punk
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    1,659
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^ Yeah, basically from what I understand. It seems they also threw in some stem cells that weren't fought off from the destroyed immune system that evolved into a new mutated, but acceptable, blood type for the patient that has become his new blood type.

    And the effects of all this gave him some brain damage/trauma. So not exactly what I would call a cure, but pretty cool. I still don't know why after all this time we still don't have a proper cure for HIV.

    How hard is it to find parts of the HIV virus that don't mutate and exploit those parts by attacking them, damaging them, and making HIV attackable to the immune system? I hope it is more complex than I assume, but considering the amount of money that the drugs involved in keeping HIV at bay bring in for the drug companies, I have a feeling developing a cure isn't even a part of the focus.

  23. #23
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    aids is a good thing, so are stds. A natural consequences for people who want sex with no consequences. For people who just want to live 'do anything hedonistic lifestyles' aids and other stds are natural balances against that.

    I have a close gay male friend who is hiv positive. and I'm like 'it sucks dude but what do you expect you let your college roommate, whom you hardly even know, cum inside you. That sort of intimacy should be sacred. Not 'I'm horny man can I cum in your ass?'

    He's the sweetest boy but he really has to stop letting guys cum in his ass, well it's not like straight females are any better.

    there's nothing wrong per se with wanting 'the real thing' (even the nasty gay way) and wanting a dude to cum up your hole. but that's not how aids is generally contracted: in a loving monogamous relationship where you really know the person and know that they wouldn't give you a disease. It's contracted by naive young adults and ghetto street trash who want the sexual pleasure without the hard work and the risk it comes from really knowing somebody and connecting on a deeper level.

    (morality rant off)

    also, before there was aids the gay community had other lesser stds and anytime anyone tried to get them to cool it and stop, they refused to listen and acted like cartman from southpark 'I don't care I do what I want!' Then it was like gays were almost wiped out and they were finally all 'aw man maybe I should cool it.' It's not worth my life. I don't care how good 3 seconds would feel from a big black ghetto street thug cumming inside me animalistically. that can't be worth my entire livelihood. =)

    i mean come on what do people expect its like eating CHOCOLATE its the same thing. there will always be natural balances against stuff that is pleasurable and feels good. that's why it's a SIN hehe. god if there was no consequences for anything I did if it was just some 'free for all' hippie universe I'd just always be eating chocolate cake, playing wow all day with a huge cock in my ass cumming nonstop.

  24. #24
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Even if you cure aids, if people lived sexually unhealthy lifestyles- then there would just be something new that was created out of the pure deviance.

    if aids was cured and gay men were all 'OMG NOW I CAN DO BLOODY OGRE FISTING!' or something- then in 2 weeks we'd just get something else- and something worse. people are always looking for 'cures' and 'solutions' instead of hacking at the root.

    before there was aids there was minor/lesser stds that built up to aids. It's not like the gay community woke up one day and was all 'aids'ed.'

    I'd much rather get to know a guy, at least respect him and tolerate him- god I'm not asking for love but at least give me that much, and have umm vanilla sex that's exciting yet safe. Remember when a racy playboy/playgirl photo could turn us on!

    my point: The cure for aids is nothing more than spraying perfume on shit. The solution: Teach boys not to play in shit in the first place. Men's assholes are a source of pleasure but they're also an asshole where shit comes out of. Respectable human beings never forget this, and have empathy with each other not to spread shit around by playing in the source of shit: the ass. Precious and fragile things , need special handling.

    ashton: Or you could just you know, not be GAY. fag!

    sam: fuck you ashton u like it just as much as we do faggot.

  25. #25
    stray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    864
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    aids is a good thing, so are stds.
    For some reason, I read that in the voice of Wesley Willis.

  26. #26
    Samuel the Gabriel H. MisterNi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, USA.
    TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Posts
    1,131
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, while this case isn't close to being a reliable treatment just the fact that someone with HIV was cured completely is a pretty indication that a complete cure and not just managing the virus using a cocktail of drugs isn't impossible.

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves
    ashton: Or you could just you know, not be GAY. fag!

    sam: fuck you ashton u like it just as much as we do faggot.
    Funny choice of names as my name is Sam. Also, although I'm straight, who's ashton? He sounds like a douche lol.

  27. #27
    Bow to the Ninchucks Microknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've been watching development of this for a few years, not because I'm specifically interested in AIDS but because I'm of the belief that all biological diseases will be cured within 50 years.

    This particular case shows that modern methods of treatment can cure aids, but don't be fooled. This is a pretender technology, it is exceptionally risky and difficult to perform as well as being expensive. This is not a cure for the majority of AIDS sufferers.

  28. #28
    Linas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    533
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I wonder if condom sales have just dropped?

    Tbh this is great news. A family friend of ours has just recently been diagnosed HIV positive...
    how bout curing pregnancy???

  29. #29
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,809
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Linas View Post
    how bout curing pregnancy???
    Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Of course it won't reduce condom sales
    lol I was joking people. I only pretend to be an idiot, occasionally.
    Last edited by fox; 12-26-2010 at 12:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  30. #30
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,809
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    aids is a good thing, so are stds. A natural consequences for people who want sex with no consequences. For people who just want to live 'do anything hedonistic lifestyles' aids and other stds are natural balances against that.

    I have a close gay male friend who is hiv positive. and I'm like 'it sucks dude but what do you expect you let your college roommate, whom you hardly even know, cum inside you. That sort of intimacy should be sacred. Not 'I'm horny man can I cum in your ass?'

    He's the sweetest boy but he really has to stop letting guys cum in his ass, well it's not like straight females are any better.

    there's nothing wrong per se with wanting 'the real thing' (even the nasty gay way) and wanting a dude to cum up your hole. but that's not how aids is generally contracted: in a loving monogamous relationship where you really know the person and know that they wouldn't give you a disease. It's contracted by naive young adults and ghetto street trash who want the sexual pleasure without the hard work and the risk it comes from really knowing somebody and connecting on a deeper level.

    (morality rant off)

    also, before there was aids the gay community had other lesser stds and anytime anyone tried to get them to cool it and stop, they refused to listen and acted like cartman from southpark 'I don't care I do what I want!' Then it was like gays were almost wiped out and they were finally all 'aw man maybe I should cool it.' It's not worth my life. I don't care how good 3 seconds would feel from a big black ghetto street thug cumming inside me animalistically. that can't be worth my entire livelihood. =)

    i mean come on what do people expect its like eating CHOCOLATE its the same thing. there will always be natural balances against stuff that is pleasurable and feels good. that's why it's a SIN hehe. god if there was no consequences for anything I did if it was just some 'free for all' hippie universe I'd just always be eating chocolate cake, playing wow all day with a huge cock in my ass cumming nonstop.

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Even if you cure aids, if people lived sexually unhealthy lifestyles- then there would just be something new that was created out of the pure deviance.

    if aids was cured and gay men were all 'OMG NOW I CAN DO BLOODY OGRE FISTING!' or something- then in 2 weeks we'd just get something else- and something worse. people are always looking for 'cures' and 'solutions' instead of hacking at the root.

    before there was aids there was minor/lesser stds that built up to aids. It's not like the gay community woke up one day and was all 'aids'ed.'

    I'd much rather get to know a guy, at least respect him and tolerate him- god I'm not asking for love but at least give me that much, and have umm vanilla sex that's exciting yet safe. Remember when a racy playboy/playgirl photo could turn us on!

    my point: The cure for aids is nothing more than spraying perfume on shit. The solution: Teach boys not to play in shit in the first place. Men's assholes are a source of pleasure but they're also an asshole where shit comes out of. Respectable human beings never forget this, and have empathy with each other not to spread shit around by playing in the source of shit: the ass. Precious and fragile things , need special handling.

    ashton: Or you could just you know, not be GAY. fag!

    sam: fuck you ashton u like it just as much as we do faggot.
    lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  31. #31
    Linas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    533
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    lol I was joking people. I only pretend to be an idiot, occasionally.
    well, I don't!

  32. #32
    Creepy-male

    Default

    There could be a more elegant solution to the problem.

  33. #33
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Yup, that's right. It began with Dr. Robert Gallo but not much as a fact - a belief. As most(?) scientific breakthroughs go with discovering something, one also discovers that the idea was stolen, in this case a sample with the virus, from Dr. Luc Montagnier.
    Interesting.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

  34. #34
    Hiding Typhon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Valhalla
    TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    aids is a good thing, so are stds. A natural consequences for people who want sex with no consequences. For people who just want to live 'do anything hedonistic lifestyles' aids and other stds are natural balances against that.

    I have a close gay male friend who is hiv positive. and I'm like 'it sucks dude but what do you expect you let your college roommate, whom you hardly even know, cum inside you. That sort of intimacy should be sacred. Not 'I'm horny man can I cum in your ass?'

    He's the sweetest boy but he really has to stop letting guys cum in his ass, well it's not like straight females are any better.

    there's nothing wrong per se with wanting 'the real thing' (even the nasty gay way) and wanting a dude to cum up your hole. but that's not how aids is generally contracted: in a loving monogamous relationship where you really know the person and know that they wouldn't give you a disease. It's contracted by naive young adults and ghetto street trash who want the sexual pleasure without the hard work and the risk it comes from really knowing somebody and connecting on a deeper level.

    (morality rant off)

    also, before there was aids the gay community had other lesser stds and anytime anyone tried to get them to cool it and stop, they refused to listen and acted like cartman from southpark 'I don't care I do what I want!' Then it was like gays were almost wiped out and they were finally all 'aw man maybe I should cool it.' It's not worth my life. I don't care how good 3 seconds would feel from a big black ghetto street thug cumming inside me animalistically. that can't be worth my entire livelihood. =)

    i mean come on what do people expect its like eating CHOCOLATE its the same thing. there will always be natural balances against stuff that is pleasurable and feels good. that's why it's a SIN hehe. god if there was no consequences for anything I did if it was just some 'free for all' hippie universe I'd just always be eating chocolate cake, playing wow all day with a huge cock in my ass cumming nonstop.
    Theres no such thing as sin. People should think of the consquences of their actions however, you are right about that, just that consequences happen more because of natural reasons than willed moral ones.

  35. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    Interesting.
    Yes, you can pay me in Parasite.

  36. #36
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Yes, you can pay me in Parasite.
    No. I want her back one piece, but she's too delicate for a brute like you. I'll look in my extended family for someone of 100+ Kg for your needs, though.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •