Thread: Socionics: unveiling double standards

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics: unveiling double standards

Life's a bitch and she's got me pussy whipped.

Creepy-bg

+2

Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Lately I have been examining as to how Socionics reveals double standards prevalent in the human condition.

Most people, I find, knowing Socionics or not, operate under the assumption that what is good for one is good for all. Actually, allow me to correct myself. Certainly a good thing is a good thing. There are good things related to all information aspects and information elements in that all can be used to promote well-being and health in this world depending on the nature, character, and wisdom of the user of these information elements.

But most people naturally operate under the erroneous assumption that what is good for themselves is going to be good for most other people to the same degree and extent that it is good for them while devaluing other things which in actuality makes other people healthy, happy, and satisfied.

And I find this assumption which most people operate under to be one of the most common causes of strain in interpersonal relations regardless of the intertype relation. (I would venture to say all do, myself included, as it is only natural to operate under illusions so much as it is natural to be flawed as a human in regards to lacking qualities of omniscience and omnipotence)

The more I continue to observe and interact with people, the more I see it and the more I check myself as to how I may be, with well-meaning intentions, shoving my good thing down the throats of others so much as others are unwittingly shoving their good thing down my throat in the way a doting albeit clueless and incompetent mother may be shoving baby food down her infant child's throat, causing the child to vomit the contents out and/or throw a fit.

But a further thing I have noticed is how Socionics can unveil the innateness of human prejudice. Even those who do learn Socionics, who learn that people take in and produce information in different ways so as to have different people accommodate different aspects of production for a stable and well-rounded society and that such phenomena is natural and necessary, display prejudice in their attitude and treatment of types, quadras, and so forth (and I am certainly guilty of this when I get fed up with repeated offenses committed by several people operating similarly in a Socionics context when it is obvious to me that that is the case).

And the nature of prejudice shows itself as so innate in how we suppress that which is different from us and which diverges from our own values while toting our own values which another person and another demographic will find distasteful, primarily when it is toted to the point of excess in the face of those who will only be affected detrimentally when such unvalued IMs are shoved down their throats and being suppressed when they cease to have the right to exercise their own.

And such makes me try to examine if we can attain a balance in our world and relations by being mindful of and allowing for others to express themselves and pursue and share their good thing and limiting our own good thing as we consider our audience (and not assuming, as we operate under delusion, that our audience will certainly be receptive to our good thing past a certain point). Can we do it? Can we attain compromise and balance?
    In my experience, I would say definitely yes. Socionics and meditation have helped me immensely to become a more mature and accepting person.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The major problem is that without assuming that others are like you, you have nothing to assume, which really doesn't help in deciding what to do.

Socionics help in that it actually describes somewhat what the differences are, rather than just asking what people make fewer decisions because they don't have enough information.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari