Thread: Extravered Sensing Se egos offers

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Extravered Sensing Se egos offers

Every male Se ego I've ever met (okay that's a slight exaggeration) has offered (out of the blue) to let me drive his car. I find this very funny. It's like their way of letting you know that they like and trust you.

Anyone else have this experience? I've had it with LSI, SLE and ESI.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's funny, an LSE did that to me the other day and we had barely known each other.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't like people touching my stuff!

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I won't say every male Se ego has done this with me. Are we sure this isn't just a guy thing? "Baby, you can drive my car ..."

But yeah, the Se ego guys sort of make a point with me that I can drive, too, if I want. I usually don't want. One of them was all like, "I will leave my car here and you can drive it anytime," and I said I never want to drive it, please. Basically, I don't want to put even one tiny scratch on that treasured, gleaming car. No.

Also, an SLE male passenger in my car saying, "You're driving very well" with a slight touch of astonishment--lol. That has happened in the last few months.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. I've noticed a more general phenomenon where people give complementary types little "toy tasks" in their ego area. Like an type might ask you to help them cook, or a type might solicit your views on something, etc. What you're seeing sounds like this for .

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Interesting. I've noticed a more general phenomenon where people give complementary types little "toy tasks" in their ego area. Like an type might ask you to help them cook, or a type might solicit your views on something, etc. What you're seeing sounds like this for .
    Very cool observation. I'm going to watch for this now.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Every male Se ego I've ever met (okay that's a slight exaggeration) has offered (out of the blue) to let me drive his car. I find this very funny. It's like their way of letting you know that they like and trust you.

Anyone else have this experience? I've had it with LSI, SLE and ESI.
    yeah. SLE

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

hah, yeah this IS an interesting observation. thinking about it makes me feel all smiley for some reason, lol. "toy tasks."

it seems viscerally true but i will for sure be watching out for it, as well.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah cool observation hotelambush.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes! definitely. It also happened once with riding (motorcycles) where the (either SeTi or TiSe) said "you lead now" and then complimented my riding later. It felt similar to the driving thing. The car thing wasn't like "you can borrow my car if you need it" but definitely more like "you can drive" as in "I want you to enjoy driving my car--it's a fun car!" type thing. And then they watch to see how I drive. But not in a critical way, more in a playful way.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    I don't like people touching my stuff!
    Can you touch my stuff?

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    "Baby, you can drive my car ..."
    Came here to say that haha. The Beatles.

Creepy-male

hah I have an SLE friend whom me and him decided to trade cars, when he drove mine it was manual and he stalled the clutch and he had to restart it and we were in the middle of traffic, so once he got it restarted he gunned the accelerator and the car shot off and peeled out just right before we were about to block another car and we both lol'd.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. Kind of stereotypical ST. I would find it odd (I mean, being on the giving end).
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've offered a couple girls to drive my car. Mostly because it's a stick and they didn't know how to drive stick, tho.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't know lol. I think in a way you're just being neurotic middle class like with this insight but I'll be nice and say you are right for the sake of conversation. Because you are the only social group I can connect with at the moment and it's making me restless.

I think maybe that they find it cute and adorable when we do a se thing and maybe like we can do it too and they gently encourage us about it instead of annoying with us about it. like 'aww the poor shy widdle ****** can actually stand up for himself. isn't that the cutest thing?' Okay that was condescending. But you know what I mean. I think it does honestly intrigue them.

and then after we finish the task; they would clap like we are retarded or something. and it feels silly to us but they really are generally impressed.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I don't know lol. I think in a way you're just being neurotic middle class like with this insight but I'll be nice and say you are right for the sake of conversation. Because you are the only social group I can connect with at the moment and it's making me restless.

I think maybe that they find it cute and adorable when we do a se thing and maybe like we can do it too and they gently encourage us about it instead of annoying with us about it. like 'aww the poor shy widdle ****** can actually stand up for himself. isn't that the cutest thing?' Okay that was condescending. But you know what I mean. I think it does honestly intrigue them.

and then after we finish the task; they would clap like we are retarded or something. and it feels silly to us but they really are generally impressed.
    rofl.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    yes! definitely. It also happened once with riding (motorcycles) where the (either SeTi or TiSe) said "you lead now" and then complimented my riding later. It felt similar to the driving thing. The car thing wasn't like "you can borrow my car if you need it" but definitely more like "you can drive" as in "I want you to enjoy driving my car--it's a fun car!" type thing. And then they watch to see how I drive. But not in a critical way, more in a playful way.
    It's Se; they want you to experience the sensation that they do...give them feedback on the sensation you get and watch them be tickled.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 12-11-2010 at 10:27 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html