Thread: ISFps and addiction

Creepy-male

Default ISFps and addiction

First of all I don't think it's type related, at least not directly

To the SEIs, and those that know them, would you say that you have a natural inclination toward addiction? If so, what are your experiences with this?

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Yeah, they are addicted to pleasure / watch TV
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Creepy-Korpsey

The ones I know are hedonists trying, showily and poorly, not to succumb to addiction. They tart up their self-inflicted travails and indolent, epicurean nihilism by moaning that we only pass through this world once. And so, viewing what sensuous pleasures it offers, they glance first to the yawning void that awaits, and then back to the groaning banquet board before them, and they lick their chops and say: "Why not?"

When self-indulgence has taken its logical course, leading to car wrecks, delirium tremens, and other life-threatening embarrassments, they utter many a baroquely florid and sometimes nigh-believable oath, forswearing this or that poisonous substance (including love) before quickly falling back on familiar ways, sodden in the ditches they dug, declaiming against the fatal cruelty of this wickedly tumultuous world and their own ******orious weakness at resisting its glamorous snares.

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rps3y View Post
    The ones I know are hedonists trying, showily and poorly, not to succumb to addiction. They tart up their self-inflicted travails and indolent, epicurean nihilism by moaning that we only pass through this world once. And so, viewing what sensuous pleasures it offers, they glance first to the yawning void that awaits, and then back to the groaning banquet board before them, and they lick their chops and say: "Why not?"

When self-indulgence has taken its logical course, leading to car wrecks, delirium tremens, and other life-threatening embarrassments, they utter many a baroquely florid and sometimes nigh-believable oath, forswearing this or that poisonous substance (including love) before quickly falling back on familiar ways, sodden in the ditches they dug, declaiming against the fatal cruelty of this wickedly tumultuous world and their own ******orious weakness at resisting its glamorous snares.
    Jesus.

Creepy-male

cool story bro

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    First of all I don't think it's type related, at least not directly

To the SEIs, and those that know them, would you say that you have a natural inclination toward addiction? If so, what are your experiences with this?
    I know people of lots of types that are inclined to addiction. Probably not type-related, although hedonism in general probably is. Most leading types are moderate hedonists.

Creepy-Korpsey

Addicts cover the socionic spectrum, so I don't see any type relation. Dope, booze, gambling, sex, internet, church, television, etc., there's a fix for everyone.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah...ego seems to be correlated with internet addiction...

Creepy-Korpsey

Then I must be an ILE.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    ISFP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must say, professional troll is professional. Quality work.
    The truth is there is no sense in living your life without this. To make the journey and not fall deeply in love - well, you haven't lived a life at all. You have to try. Because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived. -William Parrish

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I was addicted to sex. It is a lot better than the internet or Socionics.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Habits are hard to break, especially the comfy, pleasurable kind.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend