not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default best childhood friend

Fifth Grade. My friend is the one on the left. We looked a lot alike; people (especially adults) were always getting us mixed-up).

pic deleted
    Middle School trip to Disneyland. Again, she's the one furthest to the left.

pic deleted
    Side shot.

picdeleted
    Girl in the middle is her twin sister, btw.

pic deleted
    Last edited by pianosinger; 12-10-2010 at 06:20 PM. Reason: no need for the pics anymore
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And, I just realized...this should be in V.I.... oops. sorry.
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't mean this as an insult but is she a lesbian?

She looks like my childhood friend too.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I don't mean this as an insult but is she a lesbian?

She looks like my childhood friend too.
    No, she was and is decidedly heterosexual.

What type is your friend?
    My life's work (haha):

No Longer a Tadpole... Flat Footed Frog's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of yourbfriends photos looked quite a bit like me when I was young. Wondering what type you were thinking she was and if you can tell us a little about her.currently unsure on my own type as usual.but am considering entp and entp.possible Esfp as well.oh and my mum is considering entj and esfj lolbut how I could be j I hav no idea.I'm barely ever on time!haha
    This Frog runs on Sugar!

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I've got on her so far is some kind of ENXx. I'll come back later (possibly not until Monday, we've got a crazy-busy chedule this weekend) with a more in-depth description.
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

My best childhood friend
    Sega Mega Drive, known as Genesis in the US
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, a few things about my friend...

We were so much alike when we were younger. We both loved to read, were good students, kind to others. Even at a young age, though, I think she was more visibly extraverted than I was. She was less shy. And she was always the first to reach out to the kid who was being left out or picked on; I usually just followed her lead in this.

In middle school, she and I both joined the orchestra (she in Beginning Orchestra and I in Advanced), and unknown to each of us until later, we both chose to play the cello. She advanced through Beginning quickly, and soon we were both playing our cellos side-by-side. We did a lot of things together in middle school: we were both members of the Mathletes, and also chartered an after-school Book Club together.

We were both pretty academically inclined through elementary and middle school; but in high school, I started to lose some of my academic vitality while she continued to shine. She excelled in maths and sciences while I began to struggle. She got a boyfriend in our tenth grade year, and we started to drift apart a bit. I was also friends with her boyfriend, so that helped; but while he and I grew closer (in a platonic way), she and I saw each other less. And that's a whole other story...Even after those two broke up after a tumultuous ending, she and I never did get back to quite the same footing.

She had a wide circle of friends, and was often the center of attention in our "lunch group," while I just kinda stayed on the sidelines. I had a lot of the same friends, too, but since I was not as outgoing, I started to allow myself to get (and feel) ignored.

We had one mutual friend that really seemed to contribute to the drift between her and me (at least it seemed to me). This friend (see girl in pic #3 in OP) was clinically bi-polar, and was also a very opinionated, demanding, manipulative individual-- or so it seemed to me. Half the time I was entertained by her, and the other half of the time I wished she'd just go off and find some different friends. She especially seemed to take advantage of my best friend, who was much more understanding and accepting that I was. Those two just really seemed to have an interesting relationship, I never really understood why my best friend was so inclined to stick around-- but since she did, I did, too.

Her sense of humor...Well, she really loved reading the books by Piers Anthony-- Xanth novels, etc. "Punny" humor.

I introduced her to fantasy role-playing (Dungeons and Dragons) in high school, and she really took off with that. She DM'd her own group all through college, and still does so now as far as I know.

Most recently, she married a guy last year after dating him pretty much all through college. She graduated with a degree in Elementary Education.

When she and I graduated from high school and went our separate ways, we kept in touch through e-mail. When I announced I was getting married after two years of college, I stopped hearing from her. I sent a few e-mails and never heard back. Finally, shortly after she got married (I learned of all this through her twin sister, who was my Facebook friend), she finally wrote to me apologizing. She had been upset with me, she said, for quitting college and getting married so young (I was 20); she had been worried about me, that I was selling myself short, not living up to my full potential. But certain things in her family life had started to help her see that she had judged wrongly, and that she was happy for me if I was happy. She herself did not believe in giving up (or postponing) her schooling and career in order to raise a family, but that she had decided to be supportive of my choice to do so.

So, now we're back on a good footing again. I am glad. Anyway, this was probably more information than what was needed, but I guess it's also to help figure out our intertype relationship, which might help determine her type.

Last edited by pianosinger; 12-06-2010 at 06:09 PM.
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, I'm thinking she might be ENTp. At least, a Kindred relation seems to make the most sense...
    My life's work (haha):