Thread: My view on quadra progression - please appreciate

Creepy-female

Default My view on quadra progression - please appreciate

Last edited by female; 07-09-2015 at 09:47 AM.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Another interesting thing is that silverchris' assertion that Deltas have their backs to the abyss, because if that is so, it seems to be caricturing Quadras slightly. I might say in response that Betas refuse to look out of the abyss - but I don't believe either is true. Betas can look up and see infinite sky, and Deltas can look down and see infinite abyss. They're not sacrificing the classic Aristocratic bent towards polarities, but they are not blind to their opposing quadras validity - rarer are the moments when they will concede to a Democratic quadra's (essential to the Dem) compromise.

Alphas and Gammas have different ultimate goals but take notes on the terrain and the travel, and they can relate to hearing echoes of the abyss while seeing the freedom of the space away from its depths.

I'm not sure I believe that we aren't able to use our opposing functions in a workable manner, but I do believe one has to know the truth/core/strengths of one's self and be solid in that before attempting other ways of observation. I personally believe that all the functions belong in harmony and that Socionics should be used to facilitate harmony..and these forums are workable as tests but not as incredibly strong evidence. So I've sort of abandoned Socionics as something really concrete, because I'm more interested in the mysteries of the universe, and why hitta makes such a great Chewbacca.
    The bold intuitively makes more sense than what I said. I'm not sure how it works out, but yeah, the view that removes the most bias is most likely. I like the idea about the adjacent quadras... aristocratic quadras are more certain that it's one way or the other, I guess, democratic is more midway. Compromise, like you said.

What else... hmmm... it might be good for you to describe "the abyss" more if you want to pursue this further. I know that I stole the term from Greek tragedy: the epic hero plunges into the abyss and comes back out the other side, the classic example being Oedipus, who you could argue goes through all four stages in Oedipus Rex: he doesn't think anything terrible can happen (the part where he spurns Tiresias), he's curious about the truth and that truth leads towards horrible things happening (the part where he spurns his wife and keeps pursuing the truth), he finds out about the horrible things that have happened (the part where he finds out he committed regicide and incest), and then he tries to find a way to keep on living (he gives the kingdom to Creon, tries to find a place to go next). But your abyss is slightly different. I mean, I guess there really isn't a way to describe it beyond metaphors and stuff, like have sex with the devil (which is a pretty good metaphor, I think.) But I dunno, you could explore it and try to describe it some more? That way we have a better idea of what the quadra attitudes are reacting to? I guess you could define it as any really unpleasant truth, from "I had sex with my mother" to "there is no such thing as freedom" (or even, "humans are absolutely free").

I know that's a bit of my own theorying, but you said you based it partially on something I said, so I might as well explain where I got what I said from.

Also, I read gilly's response, and it just means that there wasn't enough Ti in your response for him.

Actually regarding what you said about betas and deltas, I guess you can relate it to the unvalued functions. Betas suppress the notion that things actually are fine and that they don't have to go through this constant cycle of suffering; deltas suppress the notion that things are hellish and the world is erupting in fire. But just like your id functions, you're super-aware of it, you just suppress/de-emphasize it.

EDIT: Oh, and definitely good job on the understandable part. It makes sense.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your model might be the wrongest thing ever, but I'll not be the one to notice (nor really mind).

The abyss imagery and quadras climbing/falling/back-turning makes stuff much easier to work with than "internal static bodies of field object dynamics" and what-not, so for that, thanks. Your view comes much appreciated. Some of it's kinda dark and creepy and all, but maybe life (or Beta-ness?) sorta is.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is really cool. I'm not entirely sold on the technical aspects of which subtype does what (haven't thought it through yet), but the imagery is vivid and useful, and I especially like the contrast between Beta being wholly external static/internal dynamic and Delta being wholly internal static/external dynamic, which was something I hadn't really considered from that perspective before.
    Quaero Veritas.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Gammas are climbing/walking out of the abyss. If the Beta Se/Ni subtypes are all about the last few shovels/wildest disco/having sex with Satan, Gamma Se/Nis are the morning afters waking up and scrabbling at the walls up. In some ways, they're forever clawing the prison walls, a survivor of with the instinct of the dance fading away to be replaced with a determination of movement upwards. For these people the experiential quality has peaked and they possess the ability to survive admirably in the abyss. But their mindset is shifted upward and slightly away. For Gamma Fi/Te subtypes, the clarity of rock bottom has faded slightly. They're overcome with memories/instincts of it now and again but for a large part concentrate on the trek uphill.
    Gamma's oscillation between Beta-Delta:

(i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice. I like the abyss visual you provided.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I liked it a lot too

The word "messy" has come to my mind a lot in regards to Beta (Alpha a little bit too for that one), as does "fiery"... opposite with Delta, "calm" is what comes to my mind for Delta... I've never envisioned things this vividly, or with so much detail before, it's pretty awesome

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni-subtype, deep in the hole sounds about right. "Its cold on this level, because its twice as deep."- DMX
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    "calm" is what comes to my mind for Delta... I've never envisioned things this vividly, or with so much detail before, it's pretty awesome
    Thank you. You have redeemed yourself for that screeching music you posted before.