Thread: Brain Typing- The link between types and motor movements

6 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

Default Brain Typing- The link between types and motor movements

As I've mentioned in another thread, this guy named Jon Niednagel invented a system of linking motor movement patterns with the 16 types.

Brain typing is similar to VI, except its based on how types move and behave in game time situations. This is further evidence that our inherent wiring does not change and that types remain the same.

Let me know what you guys think.

This one is old and crappy quality, but explains it pretty well.

I'm a huge NBA fan and combining it with typology makes it all the more interesting to me

Oh, and Niednagel types himself as an ISTJ in his system. (Look, he has a mustache LOL)
    Last edited by peteronfireee; 12-01-2010 at 06:11 PM.

6 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

B = Back-brain / F = Front-brain

E = Empirical / C = Conceptual

A = Animate / I = Inanimate

R = Right-brain / L = Left-brain

EAs / SFs

#1 FEAR / ESFP “Sensor”
    performs to entertain others; enjoys creating party-like atmosphere; spender—tends to spend over save; expressive; down-to-earth; radiates warmth and optimism; emotional; impulsive, enjoys promoting and business; fluid and athletic; gross motor skilled.

#2 BEAR / ISFP “Emotional Detector”
    appreciates beauty and texture; artistic, athletic and graceful; reticent, conserves energy; realistic; sensitive, modest, kind; sympathetic; impulsive, enjoys freedom; service-oriented; gross motor skilled.

#3 FEAL / ESFJ “Facilitator”
    hospitable, focuses on usefulness; energetic, realistic; develops and nurtures relationships; sensitive to praise and criticism; expresses feelings; conscientious; orderly; friendly promoter, commerce- oriented, gross motor skilled.

#4 BEAL / ISFJ “Sentry”
    concerned with others’ welfare; responsible, reserved, patient, practical, friendly, orderly, inquisitive regarding people, harm-avoiding; conscientious, thorough, loyal; service-oriented; gross motor skilled.

EIs / STs

#5 FEIR / ESTP “Opportunist”
    “smooth operator,” deal-maker; tactical, enterprising; adaptable, persuasive, energetic; seeks fun and excitement; athletic; enjoys the moment; realistic, good natured, self-focused; body- and clothes-conscious; entrepreneur; negotiator; promoter; fine motor skilled.

#6 BEIR / ISTP “Tactician”
    artful with machines, tools, and hands; seeks action and excitement; superb tactician—seizing the moment; athletic, competitive, witty but usually not wordy; street smart; ever-thinking; can be intense with deep convictions; adaptive; fine motor skilled.

#7 FEIL / ESTJ “Supervisor”
    excels at organizing and running activities and orderly procedures; matter-of-fact; consistent, efficient, energetic, pragmatic, critiquing; likes rules and laws; values traditions; commerce-oriented; fine motor skilled.

#8 BEIL / ISTJ “Inspector”
    gatherer of data; compelled to identify reality and bring order; stable, conservative, dependable, reserved, logical, fastidious, systematic, painstaking, thorough, dutiful; fine motor skilled.

CAs / NFs

#9 FCAR / ENFP “Motivator”
    highly energetic; enthusiastic, charming, imaginative, improvisational; sees possibilities; spontaneous; easily bored with repetition; enjoys solving people’s problems; catalyst, marketer, speech-skilled.

#10 BCAR / INFP “Lyricist”
    deep internal values; idealistic, romantic, appears calm; generally reticent; creative, avoids conflict, sensitive, aware of others’ feelings; sacrificial, welcomes new ideas; flexible, interested in learning and writing; composer; speech-skilled.

#11 FCAL / ENFJ “Educator”
    teacher/pastor; socially sophisticated; expressive, ambitious, catalyst, cooperative, devoted, fluent, imaginative, emotional; opinionated; interested in ideas and possibilities; seeks order; speech-skilled.

#12 BCAL / INFJ “Wordsmith”
    potential gifted writer; imaginative, conscientious; has concern for the needs and development of others; empathetic; enjoys enriching inner life; methodical; quietly forceful; counselor; speech-skilled.

CIs / NTs

#13 FCIR / ENTP “Strategist”
    “precocious planner,” imaginative, alert to possibilities; quick thinking; likes complexity; computer proficient; enjoys one-upmanship; enthusiastic, outspoken, artistic, comedic, manipulative, spontaneous, entrepreneurial; voice-skilled.

#14 BCIR / INTP “Logician”
    master of conceptual logic; problem-solver; scientific—desires understanding of universe; designs logical models; seeks precision; introspective; adaptable; tends to excel in theoretical, philosophical subjects; voice-skilled.

#15 FCIL / ENTJ “CEO”
    born “CEO,” driven, takes charge; harnesses people to a distant goal; strategic; expressive; potential good debater and public speaker; seeks vision and purpose; political; self-focused; structured; voice-skilled.

#16 BCIL / INTJ “System Engineer”
    applicator of ideas; builder of theoretical systems; self-confident; independent, reserved, single-minded, conceptual; seeks knowledge; not impressed with authority; determined, analytic, stubborn, skeptical, scientific; voice-skilled.

954 Ti PoLR
    54 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is interesting. Although according to Wikipedia, "Currently, no controlled experiments have been done to assess the effectiveness of brain typing (though there are anecdotal reports of both successes and failures), and as a result the American Psychological Association considers brain typing a pseudoscience." I'm skeptical of it for these sorts of reasons. Need controlled experiments or something to prove/confirm validity (then it wouldn't be a pseudoscience anymore).

Also I'm not sure why "16" has ended up being the number once again (it could be because all of humanity really is of 16 brain types... or it could be that one has conceptualized humanity this way beforehand and so when they look into things it is all they see).

I would also add that his "types" may not match the 16 types in other systems (of course you could argue they're all trying to get at the same basic thing in their own ways, as some do).

Anyway, if I ever met him I'd ask him my type and why since he thinks he can see it clearly by just looking at someone. I am skeptical of that too, but it's probably because I don't know that I would feel comfortable seeing the world that black and white-ly.

I did however not have an issue with ISTJ as how he types himself. I'd been thinking before he said that "if this guy thinks he's an N, I'm going to basically disregard everything he says". Okay, well, not totally. LSI does come to mind though when watching those vids.

Also, I think that advising not to pick players for a team because of their "type" is really discriminatory and perhaps even invalid. Surely their supposed brain type and how much they apply themselves aren't the only factors? Surely someone can actually be awesome at a sport despite their supposed disadvantageous brain type? It just seems so unfair and limiting.

I do find the idea of there being trends (like most closers in baseball all seem to be ENTp or whatever that was) interesting.

Anyway despite my skepticism I do find this interesting and will probably follow it along to see where it goes if anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Also I'm not sure why "16" has ended up being the number once again
    It's because 16 is a binary number that appears naturally enough when those who devise these schemes insist on employing facile dichotomies, having ignored or failed to note that understanding of lateralization of cerebral functionality has moved on from simplistic, naive, and outdated 19th-century concepts.

16 = 24

4 dichotomies, 16 types. It's very easy to sort things by 4 dichotomies, perhaps due to the ever-amplifying echo of Jung.