Thread: Type this descriptions please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type this descriptions please

Dear socionics weirdos. Can you make any sense out of this description based on socionics theories? Other theories (enneatype!), input, thoughts and observations are also welcome.

He/She is very, probably extremely, intelligent. But his/her intelligence is all in the external. Put any external problem in front of him/her and he/she will solve it rapidly and efficiently. But internally he/she is a mess. Hypersensitive and emotional, yet unable to connect with his/her real wants and feelings, or at least translate them into the external world in any direct way. His/Her emotions rule him/her, rather than the opposite. But his/her feelings are not recognized so any action he/she takes is empty - devoid of meaning.

He/She is capable of an enormous amount of work, but it gives him/her little joy, as work is as much a way for him/her to avoid looking at his/her feeling side as it is work for a definite goal.

He/She attempts to look inside, almost religiously, but after years of trying he/she still cannot see where his/her real feelings lie. He/She is a kaleidoscope, both internally and in many ways externally, preferring to have an external facade of perfection or inscrutability, and, in certain cases playing consciously with the facades he/she puts up to hide his/her real self. Only, his/her real self is invisible to him/her, he/she is hiding his/her own sense of shiftiness by being shifty. He/She is both extremely truthful and deceptive at the same time.

He/She is depressed and knows something is seriously wrong in his/her life, but he/she is unable, or unwilling, to express what is wrong. If asked, he/she will point to the inherent conflicts of life, wanting things he/she cannot have without sacrificing what he/she has while being unwilling to sacrifice what he/she has for what he/she needs. So he/she ends up internally conflicted. Nothing is good enough because he/she is not fully present to anything, in the sense that he/she keeps a private part detached from any external action. He/She watches from deep inside while he/she hedges any action in the external judging it based on internal motives that he/she keeps internal rather than expressed, if he/she percieves them him/herself even. I doubt he/she really does, because I have never heard him/her talk about them.

This has been going on for years. Rather than make real life-changing decisions for him/herself he/she has just played the automated game of keeping facades.

He/She needs to unite the opposities inside him/her. He/She is paying a high price for being split in this fashion. He/She is at war with herself and this war he/she percieves as reflected in the world around him/her. He/She is compelled to be in control of his/her surrounding world, because this control is internal as much as external. As soon as he/she lets down her guard everything falls apart. His/Her inner control is lost. This mechanism has exhausted him/her. It has driven him/her to great exertions at times interrupted by complete crashes. He/She is physically exhausted from her internal battles. He/She is looking for someone from the outside to take the pressure off him/her, but that is impossible since the pressure is internal .

His/Her biggest wish is for peace, but he/she cannot find any peace until he/she makes peace with him/herself. And the only way he/she can make peace with him/herself is to make friends with him/herself and see what drives him/her and what motivates him/her and what is really and truly him/herself and only him/herself.

TIM
    EIE prob 6
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by popinjay1 View Post
    Dear socionics weirdos.
    Um, welcome?

Can you make any sense out of this description based on socionics theories?
    No.

Context, please. What is the purpose of this description, what type is it supposed to describe, what is its source? And so forth.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some kind of EJ
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ExTj I would guess; though the practical qualities are not describe I would imagine they exist. This person seems to be looking for their true feelings but is unable to find them, like Thats how I would imagine dual seeking Fi, especially in ESTjs. ENTjs - and correct me if Im wrong guys- have a deeper connection because of their Ni. ESTjs have Ni polr so their deep spiritual aspect is missing, and seek to balance it out with deep feelings which they have a hard time connecting with being an external type.

Nothing in the cage of my ribcage
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well. That sounds more like neurosis than anything related to types.

You know, these sorts of problems can be EASILY identified, and solved, by psychoanalysis/psychiatry/therapy. I would NEVER recommend using Socionics/Enneagrams to solve yours or others personal problems. This is an EMOTIONAL problem, and therefore, it must be resolved emotionally.
    Last edited by Singu; 11-30-2010 at 07:32 PM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In enneagram terms, that would be a type 3 btw
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's better to regard nothing as type related and focus on the person from a wider perspective.

TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    In enneagram terms, that would be a type 3 btw
    yeah