Results 1 to 33 of 33

Thread: Does Sarah Palin intend to become a dictator?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Does Sarah Palin intend to become a dictator?

    Your opinion.

  2. #2
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,936
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes.

  3. #3
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,936
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually I just remembered that it's impossible to take her seriously. It's pretty hard to imagine her being a dictator of Alaska nevermind anywhere else. As such, if she did become dictator, I think the American population would fear itself more than they would fear her.

  4. #4
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    absolutely. She intends to make Glenn Beck her VP and put all the liberals in work camps.

  5. #5
    Creepy-Korpsey

    Default

    I look forward to regular employment again.

  6. #6
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I kinda like her even if she is stupid.

  7. #7
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I kinda like her even if she is stupid.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Only the president can enforce the law, and unless 2/3 of the Senate vote to impeach (you need a majority vote in the House to even begin the trial) then there is no check at all on their "style" for enforcing it. Palin could easy appoint people who on the one hand (Bush's appointees were very guilty of this, which is why Obama's team is overburdened now trying to deal with the consequences of years of mismanagement), while purging the Senate. She's tried before... as major of Wassilla she tried to purge the local library of people who disagreed with her, but found she didn't have the authority. As governor, she fired the chief of police because he refused to fire an ex-relative of hers who was working for the department. In an interview with Barbara Walters she insisted that if elected vice president she would "purge" the government of corruption from the top to the bottom, however when pressed she didn't respond what the criterion for identifying "corruption" would be.

    All these signs point to an intent to wield power about like Adolph Hitler did as chancellor of Germany. As chancellor, Hitler made sure that his allies got to do whatever they wanted, while his opponents were unfairly persecuted. So very likely the KKK would be marching in the streets again, with large, emboldened numbers; we could be back to the days of lynching; creationism would be mandated to be taught in schools; every abortion clinic closed, etc. But after two years of Palin rule you'd actually have a resurgent Democratic Party with numbers in both chambers far beyond anything you've ever seen, probably enough to impeach her and to force through an agenda the likes of which none of us could predict.... And then there's the possibility that she wouldn't accept impeachment, but would initiate a civil war as a factor of her inability to rationalize compromise.

    The point is that the U.S. is too feckless this day in age to resist the assertion by a president of dictatorial powers. Plus you never know what kinds of terror she might preside over if she had a convenient. The parallels between her and Hitler are stark in that respect, because in the Communists Hitler had a punching bag/rationale for dictatorial exercises of his own. All things considered the situation in the United States today is very, very similar to what it was in Germany in the 1930s: high unemployment, a united Right driven by fury over progressive reforms, and an active foreign/domestic enemy. They talk about how racists and xenophobes elected the Nazis to the legislature... but what they talk less about was that the center-Right Nationalists -- the 1930s German equivalent to the Tea Party -- were a key element of Hitler's rise to the Chancellorship. He eventually turned on them of course -- their entire leadership with extinguished the night the German president died and Hitler assumed emergency decree powers. Nor did Hitler ever actually undo the German constitution: he was legally chancellor right right up to his suicide in 1945, enabled by emergency decree clauses.

  9. #9
    Grand Inquisitor Bardia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    1,258
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Of course she will become dictator. She obviously has the support of most of the people of the US.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

  10. #10
    the flying pig Capitalist Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    5,929
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Only the president can enforce the law, and unless 2/3 of the Senate vote to impeach (you need a majority vote in the House to even begin the trial) then there is no check at all on their "style" for enforcing it. Palin could easy appoint people who on the one hand (Bush's appointees were very guilty of this, which is why Obama's team is overburdened now trying to deal with the consequences of years of mismanagement), while purging the Senate. She's tried before... as major of Wassilla she tried to purge the local library of people who disagreed with her, but found she didn't have the authority. As governor, she fired the chief of police because he refused to fire an ex-relative of hers who was working for the department. In an interview with Barbara Walters she insisted that if elected vice president she would "purge" the government of corruption from the top to the bottom, however when pressed she didn't respond what the criterion for identifying "corruption" would be.

    All these signs point to an intent to wield power about like Adolph Hitler did as chancellor of Germany. As chancellor, Hitler made sure that his allies got to do whatever they wanted, while his opponents were unfairly persecuted. So very likely the KKK would be marching in the streets again, with large, emboldened numbers; we could be back to the days of lynching; creationism would be mandated to be taught in schools; every abortion clinic closed, etc. But after two years of Palin rule you'd actually have a resurgent Democratic Party with numbers in both chambers far beyond anything you've ever seen, probably enough to impeach her and to force through an agenda the likes of which none of us could predict.... And then there's the possibility that she wouldn't accept impeachment, but would initiate a civil war as a factor of her inability to rationalize compromise.

    The point is that the U.S. is too feckless this day in age to resist the assertion by a president of dictatorial powers. Plus you never know what kinds of terror she might preside over if she had a convenient. The parallels between her and Hitler are stark in that respect, because in the Communists Hitler had a punching bag/rationale for dictatorial exercises of his own. All things considered the situation in the United States today is very, very similar to what it was in Germany in the 1930s: high unemployment, a united Right driven by fury over progressive reforms, and an active foreign/domestic enemy. They talk about how racists and xenophobes elected the Nazis to the legislature... but what they talk less about was that the center-Right Nationalists -- the 1930s German equivalent to the Tea Party -- were a key element of Hitler's rise to the Chancellorship. He eventually turned on them of course -- their entire leadership with extinguished the night the German president died and Hitler assumed emergency decree powers. Nor did Hitler ever actually undo the German constitution: he was legally chancellor right right up to his suicide in 1945, enabled by emergency decree clauses.
    I disagree.

  11. #11
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I kinda like her even if she is stupid.
    lol that's exactly what I thought when I voted for GWB back in '04.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bardia View Post
    Of course she will become dictator. She obviously has the support of most of the people of the US.
    Was that sarcasm?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpig
    I disagree.
    I don't see how, when you've obviously not thought through the grounds for your disagreement.

  13. #13
    Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canada's Prairie Farmland
    TIM
    C-LII
    Posts
    2,647
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Your opinion.
    Yes, tcaud. All conservatives are mentally ill villains who are secretly plotting to transform the world into an iron-fisted dictatorship. All that nonsense about limiting the power of government and reducing government spending is just an ingenious cover for their real plans to round up liberals and put them in concentration camps. This is because everyone who thinks differently than you do is either crazy or evil. There are no other possibilities.

    Quaero Veritas.

  14. #14
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton2 View Post
    GWB was a good president.
    as much as people complain about him, I agree. He maintained an aura of strength behind what the US does in response to being fucked with and it's position in the wider world. Obama is frightening in that his foreign policy is wishy-washy, yet there's this sense that if anything did happen that forced him to act, he would respond in a way that would immediately spin out of control.
    Last edited by bg; 11-28-2010 at 12:54 AM.

  15. #15
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,936
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am never going to communicate with you people again.

  16. #16
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    lol

  17. #17
    heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,722
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    I am never going to communicate with you people again.
    thank god. i was beginning to feel very very alone.
    asd

  18. #18
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    9/11.

    Last edited by the Federal Bureau of Investigation; Today.

  19. #19
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    thank god. i was beginning to feel very very alone.
    Same...may sanity prevail. :wink:
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  20. #20
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,611
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    9/11.

    Last edited by the Federal Bureau of Investigation; Today.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Yes, tcaud. All conservatives are mentally ill villains who are secretly plotting to transform the world into an iron-fisted dictatorship. All that nonsense about limiting the power of government and reducing government spending is just an ingenious cover for their real plans to round up liberals and put them in concentration camps. This is because everyone who thinks differently than you do is either crazy or evil. There are no other possibilities.

    Your skill at discerning my world views is representative of true incapability.

    But that really is what Palin intends to do. Don't believe me? Ask her.

  22. #22
    the flying pig Capitalist Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    5,929
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    I don't see how, when you've obviously not thought through the grounds for your disagreement.
    Nonsense.

  23. #23
    Dance Magic Dance CloudCuckooLander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    154
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sarah Palin is just my lackey, the hot librarian woman intended to bring the penis-endowed males to my cause! The truth is... I intend to become dictator!
    2-subtype system: IEI-Fe
    8-subtype system: D-IEI-Fe
    16-subtype system: IEI-ESE

    IEI-Fe 2w3 > p6w5 > 8w7 sx/so

    "He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of living." - Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas père)

  24. #24
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That tea-party wouldn't be too bad for america.

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    That tea-party wouldn't be too bad for america.
    Yeah, but I don't think you'd be that enthusiastic for them if you experienced the short end of their policies. Or maybe you would.

  26. #26
    the flying pig Capitalist Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    5,929
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Yeah, but I don't think you'd be that enthusiastic for them if you experienced the short end of their policies. Or maybe you would.
    So you're not going to acknowledge my disagreement, eh? Are you afraid of the truth?

  27. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    So you're not going to acknowledge my disagreement, eh? Are you afraid of the truth?
    You've not stated your reasoning. You have provided no evidence that I am incorrect. I have already offered evidence for my position.

    But you might be right. She might turn tail and run. It's evidence she has APD, but I'm not sure what that means in terms of a courageous personality like her in comparison to a APD/discordant like Hitler. But it's really all a matter of whether she would give up in the face of opposition (like she did in Alaska), or fight back. Courage has many forms, some strange.

  28. #28
    Creepy-Korpsey

    Default

    She gave up in the face of more money and media exposure.

  29. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k0rps3y View Post
    She gave up in the face of more money and media exposure.
    See that's the thing: she'd have no reason to give up the presidency. POTUS is the most powerful position of its type. Unless she was really afraid for herself I'm not sure she would back down.

    Think about it: a primary goal after becoming president is fundraising for a library, or some other sign of personal legacy. Granted that doesn't sound like Palin, but the question is begged what the hell she would aspire to after leaving office. I mean what else would she do?

    Let's ask a simpler question: what would Newt Gingerich do as president, because you can't help but imagine that they would govern sorta similarly.

    I could sooner see Palin becoming the Cupcake Empress before stepping down as president. I think for her to step down as president the way she did in Alaska would be seriously imperil her identity as a celebrity, because I'd think that showing such disrespect for voters would persuade conservatives to on the one hand seek that an example be made of those who abandon the presidency (there could be a criminal prosecution), and on the other to see her as a fraud.

    So yeah if she gets in there I don't see her not either starting a civil war to deflect criticism from her administration, or going to jail. Or she tries to use a war with Iran to insulate herself, but after Iraq I don't think most of the country would be willing to follow her. One of the key factors in Obama's favor is that after Iraq the American Left is unwilling to sign on to any other war by a Republican president... there is too much distrust. I don't think this distrust will linger, but it will have to be overcome by a Republican candidate who wins over Left-leaners by praising Obama, not by condemning him. This is why I think Jindal is not running in 2012, and I do think Jindal will be the 45th president.

  30. #30
    the flying pig Capitalist Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    5,929
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    You've not stated your reasoning. You have provided no evidence that I am incorrect. I have already offered evidence for my position.
    Haven't I?

  31. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    Haven't I?
    You're just trying to distract me from things I need to do. It's not gonna work.

    DEFEATED.

  32. #32
    the flying pig Capitalist Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    5,929
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    You're just trying to distract me from things I need to do. It's not gonna work.

    DEFEATED.
    Listen, if you're not going to accept the fact that you are wrong, in the face of insurmountable evidence, then I won't bother. Good day, sir.

  33. #33
    Slippery when wet Simon Ssmall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ✈ ↺
    Posts
    2,231
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    You're just trying to distract me from things I need to do. It's not gonna work.

    DEFEATED.
    Seriously, what more evidence do you want? Its all layed out for you.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

    ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

    johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •