Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: Help me find my type

  1. #1
    Airman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,556
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Help me find my type

    These are the ones I consider to be POSSIBLE, in order of most possible to least:

    ESTJ>ISTP>ESFJ>INTJ>ISFP

    Ok... you can see most are TJ types... EJ temperament also more probable, with the exception of ISTP.

    Fact is Fe actually livens me up, so, perhaps an ESTJ wouldn't be livened up by Fe?

    I have depression, I love thrills, I like to listen to music to liven up, I am very much disappointed with the world and people in general, I have a good heart, I donīt like 'the law of the jungle'. I am sure I am more caregiver than infantile, DEFINITELY NOT VICTIM OR AGGRESSOR.

    Also, things that may help: as a teenager, even though I had severe asthma, I would love things such as football (soccer) and sometimes very risky sporting such as surfing with my older brother and cousin in seas very big for my size and age (I almost died a few times) and skiing in very steep slopes which I shouldnīt be in. I also enjoyed driving fast and still do, and I had one serious car crash but didnīt get hurt. I like intensity, though this may not have to do with socionics but with being sx subtype in enneagram. I enjoyed smoking weed from 15 to 19 years old. I tend to think Delta ST more probable than Alpha.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    You don't consider Beta so you've already made judgements before the conversations began - J type.

    I have depression, I love thrills, I like to listen to music to liven up, I am very much disappointed with the world and people in general, I have a good heart, I donīt like 'the law of the jungle'.

    You are lonely but see yourself doing the right thing, XSTj

    ...though I had severe asthma, I would love things such as football (soccer) and sometimes very risky sporting such as surfing with my older brother and cousin in seas very big for my size and age (I almost died a few times) and skiing in very steep slopes which I shouldnīt be in. I also enjoyed driving fast and still do, and I had one serious car crash but didnīt get hurt. I like intensity...

    Introspective - Ti, introvert but despite this and that you're a tough guy, you overcame adversity, Se.

    ISTj

    Overall your post is dictating, not the best for infantiles who are kids and want space to remain kids.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Haha!

  4. #4
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,724
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You can be an ESTj if you want. I met a guy I typed as ESTj who's very similar to you, even to the Germanness.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  5. #5
    Airman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,556
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If I want? What does that mean? Is it a FACT or is it something that 'I can be if I want'...I can be anything 'If I want', I can pretend I'm IEI...everyone can.[???]

  6. #6
    Airman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,556
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    You don't consider Beta so you've already made judgements before the conversations began - J type.

    I have depression, I love thrills, I like to listen to music to liven up, I am very much disappointed with the world and people in general, I have a good heart, I donīt like 'the law of the jungle'.

    You are lonely but see yourself doing the right thing, XSTj

    ...though I had severe asthma, I would love things such as football (soccer) and sometimes very risky sporting such as surfing with my older brother and cousin in seas very big for my size and age (I almost died a few times) and skiing in very steep slopes which I shouldnīt be in. I also enjoyed driving fast and still do, and I had one serious car crash but didnīt get hurt. I like intensity...

    Introspective - Ti, introvert but despite this and that you're a tough guy, you overcame adversity, Se.

    ISTj

    Overall your post is dictating, not the best for infantiles who are kids and want space to remain kids.
    Thanks for the input, though the first thing you say, that I had opinions unchangeable even before the conv. started, is said about ISTPs in socionics, so you best switch from MBTI-Jung to Socionics. How can you say I am introspective, I wonder? And enduring adversity isn't equal to Se, socionics is not mathematics. But hey, thanks for the input anyway.

  7. #7
    limNol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    130
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What led you to Si > Se?

    My impression is that you are more concerned with pushing your limits and creating intense experiences than maintaining physical harmony, comfort, health, etc. Moreover, you mention that Fe energizes you and you talk about listening to music to liven you up, which would suggest the valued Fe of Beta STs over Fe PoLR.

    Obviously there's variation within types, but you seem to have an intensity that I'd associate more with Se than Si.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by None View Post
    Thanks for the input, though the first thing you say, that I had opinions unchangeable even before the conv. started, is said about ISTPs in socionics, so you best switch from MBTI-Jung to Socionics. How can you say I am introspective, I wonder? And enduring adversity isn't equal to Se, socionics is not mathematics. But hey, thanks for the input anyway.
    You go again and reduce the conversation to you being whatever type you want to be and dismiss everything that's said about you. I equate your dislike of being discussed and your portrayed contempt of possibilities in regards to yourself as Ne PoLR.

    I find you a disgusting, rude and contemptible little man, who only comes here to troll, you reject the site because it offers different opinions on you than what you want to hear, which goes back to my first paragraph...it's actually a fear of Ne (PoLR) which you conceal with volatility (Se).

    I'll be happy to read why you think you're ISTp, I'll bet it's based on a large potion of vague wishful thinking, so post away and direct your usual gnarled contempt at yourself and not others for a change.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    ESTJ>ISTP>ESFJ>INTJ>ISFP

    If you could see yourself correctly you'd think there was something wring with you to think you could possibly be an infantile, or produce any Fe whatsoever.

  10. #10
    Airman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,556
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limNol View Post
    What led you to Si > Se?

    My impression is that you are more concerned with pushing your limits and creating intense experiences than maintaining physical harmony, comfort, health, etc. Moreover, you mention that Fe energizes you and you talk about listening to music to liven you up, which would suggest the valued Fe of Beta STs over Fe PoLR.

    Obviously there's variation within types, but you seem to have an intensity that I'd associate more with Se than Si.
    There you have a RATIONAL ARGUMENT to sustain what you say, and I like it.
    Yes, all this intensity stuff makes me somethimes think I might be a VERY WEIRD ISTJ, because I know ISTJs and they're usually different from me, A LOT, and they have many common traits in behavior which I do not have.

    But yes, ISTJ could be possible. Listening to music and stuff like that can be associated to Si... pleasant feelings. Everyone knows ISTPs in general are said to like music. So having an Fe-stimulation from music is not something that only a Beta can have, everyone has in fact, but not something that only a Beta can value, ISTPs can value that a lot, and ESTJs up to a point, also.

    I think I have EJ temperament. Though maybe IP because of the depression, but not IJ. I get along with ISTJs well, but we end up differing on what do to in a given situation.

    That being said, I will not respond to Words, because he seems to hate me and I cannot but have some sort of quiet compassion toward him.

    Thanks for your post limNol, you made me consider ISTJ as possible - but not probable.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by None View Post
    That being said, I will not respond to Words, because he seems to hate me and I cannot but have some sort of quiet compassion toward him.
    That means, you're not going to rape him ?

    Thanks for your post limNol, you made me consider ISTJ as possible - but not probable.
    Yea, limNol. Thanks a lot. Check his previous threads where he says the exact same thing ending one thread and starting a new one just to end it with the same line.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by None View Post
    Yes, all this intensity stuff makes me somethimes think I might be a VERY WEIRD ISTJ,
    A weird Delta is what you mean.

    I think I have EJ temperament. Though maybe IP because of the depression, but not IJ. I get along with ISTJs well, but we end up differing on what do to in a given situation.
    You think you have EJ, IJ and IP. What next?

    That being said, I will not respond to Words, because he seems to hate me and I cannot but have some sort of quiet compassion toward him.
    Try to remember that compassion next time you say you are going to rape someone, kill them, or be a racist towards them.

    Quote Originally Posted by you
    AND WE DREAM OF DOUBLE-PENETRATING STARFALL AND TALK ABOUT RAPING HER WHEN WE CHAT ON MSN MESSENGER LOL COME ON ITīS TIME TO LET THE TRUTHS OUT LOL
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...tml#post707257

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd
    That means, you're not going to rape him ?
    Let's hope not, maybe that's why he's depressed, he has withdrawal symptoms.

    Thanks for your post limNol, you made me consider ISTJ as possible - but not probable.
    You never answered his question, so it makes perfect sense to say YOU DIDN'T THINK ABOUT IT AT ALL



    Quote Originally Posted by limNol
    What led you to Si > Se?
    ?????????????

    Now the other question is, did you really post all that stuff about being a tough guy and risking near death all the time because you read somewhere (like socionics.com) that ISTps thrive on the risk of adrenalin? Because the way you phrased it, puts emphasis on the external physical impact, your strength and your bravery which are all facets of Se rather than approaching it from an internal sensing perspective. Better luck next time as you try and try to pretend you're a Delta.

  13. #13
    Airman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,556
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Words, who are you? You registered in August. Your account seems suspicious to me. Perhaps some user of this forum made this account. Because you are just total nonsense. You are offending me since you came to this forum, and for what reason? I donīt know.

    My raping thing was a JOKE about Ashton being ESTP, you took it all out of context.

    And you cannot understand who I am unless you have at least appeared on socionix.com 's tinychat and seen me on cam, and talking. YOU CANNOT SAY SOMEONE IS OR IS NOT SOME TYPE JUST OUT OF YOUR PREDILECTIONS. YOU HAVE TO HAVE SOME FACTUAL KNOWLEDGE OF THE PERSON.

    Furtherhmore, you seem to treat socionics in a very arrogant manner, like, you manipulate it to fit your own agenda, which is quite poor, since it is about trolling people you donīt know IRL and never will.

    You are a fantastic nerd. Get a REAL LIFE, and then, have the BALLS to talk to me on tinychat, then you may perhaps become a MAN, something you are far away from.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree. Words, you really should appear in tiny chat in order for your transformation from man to MAN to be complete. Paraphrasing Maritsa, "let's evolve".

  15. #15
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Actually, based on tinychat, None has the same really almost laid-back demeanour that Ryu does. He doesn't dominate the room like someone like Discojoe.

    My vote is for LSE.

  16. #16
    CILi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    635
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Words
    ISTj
    x1

    Quote Originally Posted by limNol
    ...valued Fe of Beta STs over Fe POLR...you seem to have an intensity that I'd associate more with Se than Si.
    x2

    Quote Originally Posted by None
    ...you made me consider ISTJ as possible...
    x3

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd
    Yea, limNol.
    x4

    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    x5

  17. #17
    CILi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    635
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by None
    All this intensity stuff makes me sometimes think I might be a VERY WEIRD ISTJ, because I know ISTJs and they're usually different from me, A LOT, and they have many common traits in behavior which I do not have.
    Not trying to rile you up or anything, but I'm just curious as to how you see ISTjs and Beta-Se in general.

    What are the "common traits in behavior" they have that you feel you don't?

    I'd think your humor, for one, would fit really, really well with a more Se crowd.

  18. #18
    Airman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,556
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    Actually, based on tinychat, None has the same really almost laid-back demeanour that Ryu does. He doesn't dominate the room like someone like Discojoe.

    My vote is for LSE.
    Yes I appear laid back and I donīt like to dominate in group settings, as you observed. This is probably my 9 wing, because Iīm an E1w9. Really I think Enneagram is very good and simple, Socionics is much more complicated, tiring, stressful, and ultimately it takes very long for someone to find his/her type.

    This is why my main interested has remained in Enneagram rather than Socionics, though Socionics is observable IRL, i.e., you can see the quadra traits and the 16 types IRL.

    But I donīt know Brian and CIli, I'm caught in between ISTP and ESTJ, really. The other types may be possible but they are really not me. I would like being ISTJ because they are very pragmatic and once they set out to do something, they just do it, they donīt think of other possibilites and end up getting messed up in their projects like I do (Ne-Ha?). Also ISTJ's pragmatism helps in a lot of areas such as romantic relations: my ISTJ acquaintances and friends are all like 'ah, beauty doesnīt matter that much, sheīs a woman, kind of nice, I'd have sex with her', while my own standards are extremely high. ISTJs are not called 'pragmatists' for no reason, they are really pragmatists.

    For an example I have a friend who also studies Law and he also doesnīt like it much. But to him thatīs not a problem. 'It's going to bring results' he says. 'It will make my life good, in the end, it doesnīt matter, nobody really enjoys to work, so I will just work and get my money and spend it as I see it.'

    I see ISTJs have a lot of this thing, totally focused in the PRACTICAL RESULTS something may bring, not in what is necessary to achieve the wanted results. ISTJs are like 'anything goes as long as it works' people. Which I am not.

    This is why I donīt see myself as ISTJ, though you are right CIli, my sense of humor is very much beta-ish, a little too acid, blunt. But then this is my particular personality.

    Si>Se is very clear in me. Although I feel I have BOTH STRONG, I use a lot more Si than Se... this is totally clear. I value calm, comfort, beauty, harmony and quiet, though of course I like adrenaline. Iīm not in the mood to go on detail about it now I have to read, but I could write about it later.

  19. #19
    CILi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    635
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by None
    This is why I donīt see myself as ISTJ, though you are right CILi, my sense of humor is very much beta-ish, a little too acid, blunt. But then this is my particular personality.
    It's almost as if, in a way, there's kinda two "you"s posting under one name.

    Se-None is strong, intense, and (at least tries to be) provocative and humorous.

    Si-None is tactful, chill, and placating (at least compared to the the first).

    Is one more exaggerated or forced than the other?

    I wouldn't want to call either expression a mask or a facade or anything (they could very well both be very you), but are you aware of a tension between the two?

    All that said, though, go with TA's thoughts way before mine. Face-to-face by far trumps me reading your posts.

  20. #20
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,724
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by None View Post
    If I want? What does that mean? Is it a FACT or is it something that 'I can be if I want'...I can be anything 'If I want', I can pretend I'm IEI...everyone can.[???]
    I can't.

    Regardless of your type, you can declare yourself to be LSE if you want and I won't disagree with you.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  21. #21
    Airman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,556
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    It's almost as if, in a way, there's kinda two "you"s posting under one name.

    Se-None is strong, intense, and (at least tries to be) provocative and humorous.

    Si-None is tactful, chill, and placating (at least compared to the the first).

    Is one more exaggerated or forced than the other?

    I wouldn't want to call either expression a mask or a facade or anything (they could very well both be very you), but are you aware of a tension between the two?

    All that said, though, go with TA's thoughts way before mine. Face-to-face by far trumps me reading your posts.
    Hm interesting point. I think 'Se-None' is my traumatized self. 'Si-None' is my original, still sane self. I am afraid that 'Se-None' will try to takeover and 'Si-None' disappears. In such a scenario I will be an ISTJ. But if things go right, 'Se-None' tends to get weaker while 'Si-None' occupies its due space.

    Iīm not schizophrenic, lol, but really, there is a conflict, you're right.

  22. #22
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    you said you were lazy, I'm thinking you're an SLI because you like flexibility in your career options; usually Extraverts want to be known for being someone and doing something - one important role and they take this very seriously; you seem to use economy of motion, very related to Si instead of Se.

  23. #23
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,621
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    words!

    Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    I'd think your humor, for one, would fit really, really well with a more Se crowd.
    beh. maybe i'm just being a stuffy priss or whatever, but i really don't think jokingly telling people you want to rape them is excusable due to quadra values and i know very few people irl of any type who would actually find it funny. NTR imo.

    Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    It's almost as if, in a way, there's kinda two "you"s posting under one name.

    Se-None is strong, intense, and (at least tries to be) provocative and humorous.

    Si-None is tactful, chill, and placating (at least compared to the the first).

    Is one more exaggerated or forced than the other?

    I wouldn't want to call either expression a mask or a facade or anything (they could very well both be very you), but are you aware of a tension between the two?
    you're constantly making these seemingly casual observations that touch on things i've only viscerally noticed but make a ton of sense to me. making me go "ohhhhh ya..."

    just wanted to tell you about this cos i think its sort of awesome.

  24. #24
    CILi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    635
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh
    i really don't think jokingly telling people you want to rape them is excusable due to quadra values and i know very few people irl of any type who would actually find it funny.
    I wouldn't call you stuffy or prissy for flinching at that (heck, I do too); but weren't there a handful of people here (mostly Beta/Gamma-ish) that went to Socionix kinda for more "extreme" humor like that?

    I could be stereotyping to the max, so let me know if I am.

    Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh
    you're constantly making these seemingly casual observations that touch on things i've only viscerally noticed but make a ton of sense to me. making me go "ohhhhh ya..."
    You're being generous; but, really, ...thanks.

    Should probably mention I'm usually wrong (and called on it), but it'd be pretty awesome to be wrong with someone else.

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by None View Post
    Words, who are you? You registered in August. Your account seems suspicious to me. Perhaps some user of this forum made this account. Because you are just total nonsense. You are offending me since you came to this forum, and for what reason? I donīt know.

    My raping thing was a JOKE about Ashton being ESTP, you took it all out of context.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes
    Moderation: Infraction given for using a racial slur. This wasn't a playful joke or an isolated incident, but a pattern of racist behavior that's been going on since you joined. One more time and I'll ban you.
    This is what happened the last time we spoke. You sure it's just your sense of humour?


    And you cannot understand who I am unless you have at least appeared on socionix.com 's tinychat and seen me on cam, and talking. YOU CANNOT SAY SOMEONE IS OR IS NOT SOME TYPE JUST OUT OF YOUR PREDILECTIONS. YOU HAVE TO HAVE SOME FACTUAL KNOWLEDGE OF THE PERSON.

    Furtherhmore, you seem to treat socionics in a very arrogant manner, like, you manipulate it to fit your own agenda, which is quite poor, since it is about trolling people you donīt know IRL and never will.
    You started a thread about your type, I think you're ISTj/Beta.

    You are a fantastic nerd. Get a REAL LIFE, and then, have the BALLS to talk to me on tinychat, then you may perhaps become a MAN, something you are far away from.
    ok

  26. #26
    Airman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,556
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maritsa is one of the FEW people here who actually understand a bit about this Socionics thing.

  27. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yup, she typed me five types already - she's very productive.

    By the way. You're derailing your own type discussion.

  28. #28
    Airman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,556
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Really to be honest, Socionics forums are a HUGE WASTE OF TIME, mostly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •