Thread: Help my ESE friend find my dual

Creepy-male

Default Help my ESE friend find my dual.

Okay, so.

If you want to find your dual, your mirror is a really good starting point. Mirror's activator = dual, and activators make quick and easy friends. Anyway.

This ESE knows OF Socionics, but does not know the theory particularly in-depth.

How do we help her find me my dual? Gogo, T16T!

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if your ESE friend is a super-mega ESE like Yellow she/he probably knows a lot of people. Does your ESE throw parties? That could be a great way to locate an ILE (or more) from their circle
    Or maybe just describe the type of qualities you're looking for and if your ESE is able to recognize those qualities in a friend of theirs they could get you two together
    Last edited by Marie84; 11-22-2010 at 11:17 AM.
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    Or maybe just describe the type of qualities you're looking for and if your ESE is able to recognize those qualities in a friend of theirs they could get you two together
    Heh, problem: what qualities do ILEs have? I can only really think of visual things, or how duality feels like once I've settled into it.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    Heh, problem: what qualities do ILEs have? I can only really think of visual things, or how duality feels like once I've settled into it.
    hmm this might be hard to do coming from their supervisor, but I guess these could work

*Spontaneous would be a big one
    *Spew out a lot of random ideas/chatter in conversations like, "oh, did you hear about...", "you know what would be a good idea...."
    *For the most part, they rarely put their ideas to practice, but may often expand on them in latter conversations.
    *Not stereotypically feminine/girly but not strong/dominant either.
    *Might appear awkward or inattentive to their surroundings and to a point, belongings (i.e. misplacing things a lot, leaving things around that they forgot to put away etc).
    *May seem like their mind is "somewhere else" at times
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Creepy-male

Nope, all of those are completely spot on

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so.

If you want to find your dual, your mirror is a really good starting point. Mirror's activator = dual, and activators make quick and easy friends. Anyway.
    Interesting. The problem though is that some types interests are less coincidental than others. For example, I am ILI, my dual is SEE and my mirror is LIE. LIE and SEE interests are far removed, probably only connected by a love of territory. The SEE controlling the floor and the LIE controlling the top.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Creepy-male

*shrug*

I'm not good at doubting things when I'm inspired to take action, but thanks for the word of caution

Creepy-male

Attempt #1 turned out to be SEI.

Bump!!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

now that you know what we look like arthur, just look very closely wherever you are and you will find your ILE. eventually.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    now that you know what we look like arthur, just look very closely wherever you are and you will find your ILE. eventually.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Larry David - ILE? Doesn't seem like one.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    The problem is that nowhere I tend to be really exposes me to people, let alone girls, let alone ILE girls.

I'm just increasing the efficiency of the process by calling in other, more social contacts.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Larry David - ILE? Doesn't seem like one.
    yes ile. but that has nothing to do with why i posted that video. it was an illustration to looking close at everything in life.

Creepy-bg

The problem is that nowhere I tend to be really exposes me to people, let alone girls, let alone ILE girls.
    * insert trench coat/exposing yourself joke here *

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just increasing the efficiency of the process by calling in other, more social contacts.

your strategy could work i think. plus you have yourself correctly typed, you're young, you know socionics, and you know what to look for in a dual. it's just a matter of time. so don't worry dude.

the other thing you could try is joining really weird esoteric groups on facebook. there's this one that i joined when i first got on about aliens and phenomena and such. you could find an ILE at places like that, very fringe places. i'd have to say i'm not active with that group though.

a close friend of mine, after his divorce, met his new girlfriend on facebook. they had friends in common and they just started chatting. i think he is an LII....she looks to be either an ESE or SEI. i am not sure. on the one hand she seems irrational but on the other has tons of energy for stuff like being on a women's ice hockey team.

why do you think ILE's and SEI's often miss each other?

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Creepy-male

Thanks But I'm not worrying I just can't sit around not doing things when I could be, y'know? I'm just going to go ahead and blame that on being a sensor

Anyway, as to why SEIs and ILEs don't run into one another too often...

One is an Alpha SF, the other as an Alpha NT Completely different worlds. It's difficult to just bump into your dual by coincidence unless you do things out of the ordinary (like join weird facebook groups )

Creepy-Snaps

Just put yourself out there, and ILE's will find you!!

That's how I met my SEI. ILE's like to take the initiative. If I'm at a party, I like to talk with every single person at least once. I find people interesting and new. If you're positive and upbeat, which I find important, and which SEI's usually are, I'll talk with you again. And one conversation leads to another, as I get more comfortable, I might throw out a crazy idea just to test your reaction. Etc.

Putting yourself out there on the internet is a good idea too. Social sites, like youtube, myspace, facebook, dating sites, etc. Saves a lot of time. But of course if you're young, you might not be too concerned with finding someone quickly? Maybe so, I'm just throwing that idea out there.

But if you want to find the ILE, and more related to your original question... I guess the friendship I have with one ESE I know, being activity, is very funny/goofy. I mean, we are talking about the two extroverts of the Alpha quadra. Activating each other, nonetheless. We constantly joke/jab at each other with goofy scenarios and get carried away on silly tangents. =D She and another ESE both say I can be rude/horrible sometimes with my sense of humor, and see the world through black and white. ...

So ask your ESE friend to think of someone outgoing they enjoy joking with, thinks is quite smart, and has a crast but funny sense of humor. She'll most probably think of some ILE's she knows.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Just put yourself out there, and ILE's will find you!!

That's how I met my SEI. ILE's like to take the initiative. If I'm at a party, I like to talk with every single person at least once. I find people interesting and new. If you're positive and upbeat, which I find important, and which SEI's usually are, I'll talk with you again. And one conversation leads to another, as I get more comfortable, I might throw out a crazy idea just to test your reaction. Etc.
    Lol, parties. I unfortunately don't have any access to any parties that aren't: filled with Serious types hosted by people who I despise, nightclubs, or well without my age range

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Putting yourself out there on the internet is a good idea too. Social sites, like youtube, myspace, facebook, dating sites, etc. Saves a lot of time. But of course if you're young, you might not be too concerned with finding someone quickly? Maybe so, I'm just throwing that idea out there.
    I might try less niche dating sites--I tried gk2gk, but that's both a scam and populated heavily by IF types (at least in my region).

I'd like to find an ILE sooner rather than later, though. The less time wallowing in singledom the better.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might try less niche dating sites--I tried gk2gk, but that's both a scam and populated heavily by IF types (at least in my region).
    If you could find a niche dating site that pretty much only has ILEs on it, that would be ideal.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Creepy-male

dual2dual--the dating site for duals!