Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ISFp??? :)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ISFp??? :)

I met a person who knows a lot about socionics theory. There were also 3 socionics students. I became their class project...

Long story short, they typed me as ISFp. (PS! the guys were arguing that I was ENTj in stead. Then they didn't know I had typed myself ENTj)

This is the same test chart I used in "Identity crisis" (page 2 I think) thread, numbers in the context of ISFp chart.

137 182
    402 472
    317 122
    337 447

super-ego harmony with Erkki
    I supervise my mentally equal ENFj sister
    I am the benefactor in benefit relations with sweetly organized ISTjs
    comparative disharmony ISTps
    duality with the disorganised shaggy-looking ENTps
    quasi-identical energising relations with ISFj

Am I ISFp?
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll give you a hint... I never thought that super-ego could be like this.

This is a post I wrote when I thought I was INTj and Erkki was INTp (he still is INTp). We STILL haven't had any huge quarrels. We've lived together for almost 3 years. I'm counting from the time we suddenly started dating, because we got very close very fast. This could be like duality sounds... But I don't think I am an ESFp.

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:39 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I met him because we have similar interests - I wanted to play Dungeons & Dragons and he is a DM. There are not that many gamers in my country so I was really happy when he accepted me in his new game. There wasn't much else at first. He is 6 years older than me.

He was very different from anyone else I had ever known. Of course - INTPs are only 1-2% of the population after all. Somehow similar to me, but smarter. More years in the university, he reads A LOT and last bot not least - IQ 140-150 (my IQ is 120-130). He had so many theories about the world and I really enjoyed listening to them. I spent a lot of time with him just to educate myself. At some point I could even give my own views on the topic and explain to him why my theory is better. Now I usually invent the theories and he adds new aspects.

And how we really got together... I'll skip the details. It was about 1 year after we met. One day everything was like always, the next day we were practically living together. There was no dating phase. During the next month we only spent about 3-4 nights in different beds. Spending time together was just so nice. In one word: Harmony! We still haven't quarreled seriously even once.

I don't really care for the Destiny stuff or the "meant to be together" talk, but I can't imagine anything better... or... well if he had a billion dollars... and a castle in the UK... and a title (duke or count)... and he adds - a personal space program.

So why is this not one of the recommended matches? I have no idea. Maybe only the fact that both types are so rare.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you are ISFp.

For one thing, do you really think you could be dominant?

Besides, what you described does not sound like super-ego at all.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They were almost right. They only got one letter out of 4 wrong
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The campaign of ISFjisation of a member known as Kristiina has been long, difficult, but eventually successful.

The member known as Kristiina has finally been browbeaten into reluctant acceptance of the type ISFj, albeit only in order not to be considered an ISFp. Thus, the co-ordinated action of our Estonian colleagues has proven of utmost importance and value.

For the humor-impaired, and orthodox members of Republican party: yes, the above is a joke.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's more probable that I'm dominant than dominant. Really.

I have practically none of the Fi-dominant traits, not even the most important - dividing people and situations on the scale of good and evil.

I could be Si-dominant, because comfort is very important to me. I don't have much aesthetic sense, but the way I gather information could very well be Si. I only learn facts that fit into my vision of the world, not all kinds of data like Te does. The problem is that I'm not a moment-person. Whatever I do, I'm always thinking of the future. (if not distant future then at least the near future). "Right now" is almost always irrelevant.

Erkki

When he was 16 years old, he went to the library in the morning, picked out about 1500 pages worth of books, took them home and read them all. Then at early afternoon, he took them back to the library and got another huge pile of books... The next morning he returned them and got new books. He has always been a huge fan of reading. He learned to read when he was 3 y.o. and by the time he was 4 y.o. he could read 200 pages per hour. Now he usually reads science-fiction and fantasy books at the speed of 300p/h. (could go up to 600p/h).

He is an utilitarian, like me, and agrees with Nietzsche in many topics. He believes in personal freedom above all and is convinced that world would be a better place if people used their heads.

He doesn't really plan the future, he likes to go with the flow. It doesn't mean he has no general plan. He wants to be rich but not for the sake of money, rather for the amount of personal freedom that comes with being rich. In stead of spending his time on every-day matters, he would just pay someone to do it for him.

He is rather introverted (as you can see from the body-language in the picture). But when he is working, he gets extroverted, walks around, makes jokes, talks to many people. He knows practically everyone by name, even though there are over 200 people to remember.

He does help with chores/house-work, but only when other people have initiated the process. He is absolutely capable of not noticing whether he has even eaten during the day... Until I start complaining about being hungry and that we NEED to make food.

My ENFj sister adds, "he is very critical and sometimes insensitive when making critical remarks. He gets especially critical and starts dismantling the other person's ideas when he doesn't understand how the other person reached the conclusions (when the other persons system of thinking doesn't adhere to his own).

He has a "slight" superiority complex. He isn't always as calm and collected as he'd like to think. In an argument he uses a very condemning tone of voice when making statements when he's feeling that the opponent is not convinced of his opinion (the kind of "how can you be so stupid???"-voice). And besides, he's somewhat stuck in gender roles, even though he likes to think he isn't. That means he lets the women cook and do the dishes, laundry while he takes out the trash and goes to the store, only when some groceries are needed and we tell him about it."

PS! My sister told me exactly what to write and Erkki is right here encouraging her to express her opinion.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by emeye
    The campaign of ISFjisation of a member known as Kristiina has been long, difficult, but eventually successful.

The member known as Kristiina has finally been browbeaten into reluctant acceptance of the type ISFj, albeit only in order not to be considered an ISFp. Thus, the co-ordinated action of our Estonian colleagues has proven of utmost importance and value.

For the humor-impaired, and orthodox members of Republican party: yes, the above is a joke.
    LOL
    Yeah. ISFj sounds better than ISFp. At least I would stay in the Gamma quadra. I don't want to leave... I like it here.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he could read 600 pages per hour?
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Superman
    he could read 600 pages per hour?
    Yeah, but it loses all the beauty of the language. When he's reading for the sake of reading a book, he reads "slowly".
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he looks INTp but sounds ENTj

neither of you are alpha
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    he looks INTp but sounds ENTj

neither of you are alpha
    Yeah, I quess you're right. But he could never have role. And he's the one who gets along great with the ISTp. :wink:

Besides... he is usually very inactive, but sometimes turns on the .
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would agree with Joy--Erkki looks and sounds like me, when I was his age. Even the similarity in build and expression is astonishing

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does he have a hidden agenda? cause it sounds like he could have a PoLR... and if his gender roles flaw isn't , then what is it?
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does he have a hidden agenda? cause it sounds like he could have a PoLR... and if his gender roles flaw isn't , then what is it?
    I can see the hidden agenda. Can't really say anything about the . I can totally see the PoLR. It's the way he hardly has any expression at all most of the time. He might seem aggressive to strangers, but not to people who know him.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    I think it's more probable that I'm dominant than dominant. Really.

I have practically none of the Fi-dominant traits, not even the most important - dividing people and situations on the scale of good and evil.

I could be Si-dominant, because comfort is very important to me. I don't have much aesthetic sense, but the way I gather information could very well be Si. I only learn facts that fit into my vision of the world, not all kinds of data like Te does. The problem is that I'm not a moment-person. Whatever I do, I'm always thinking of the future. (if not distant future then at least the near future). "Right now" is almost always irrelevant.

Erkki

When he was 16 years old, he went to the library in the morning, picked out about 1500 pages worth of books, took them home and read them all. Then at early afternoon, he took them back to the library and got another huge pile of books... The next morning he returned them and got new books. He has always been a huge fan of reading. He learned to read when he was 3 y.o. and by the time he was 4 y.o. he could read 200 pages per hour. Now he usually reads science-fiction and fantasy books at the speed of 300p/h. (could go up to 600p/h).

He is an utilitarian, like me, and agrees with Nietzsche in many topics. He believes in personal freedom above all and is convinced that world would be a better place if people used their heads.

He doesn't really plan the future, he likes to go with the flow. It doesn't mean he has no general plan. He wants to be rich but not for the sake of money, rather for the amount of personal freedom that comes with being rich. In stead of spending his time on every-day matters, he would just pay someone to do it for him.

He is rather introverted (as you can see from the body-language in the picture). But when he is working, he gets extroverted, walks around, makes jokes, talks to many people. He knows practically everyone by name, even though there are over 200 people to remember.

He does help with chores/house-work, but only when other people have initiated the process. He is absolutely capable of not noticing whether he has even eaten during the day... Until I start complaining about being hungry and that we NEED to make food.

My ENFj sister adds, "he is very critical and sometimes insensitive when making critical remarks. He gets especially critical and starts dismantling the other person's ideas when he doesn't understand how the other person reached the conclusions (when the other persons system of thinking doesn't adhere to his own).

He has a "slight" superiority complex. He isn't always as calm and collected as he'd like to think. In an argument he uses a very condemning tone of voice when making statements when he's feeling that the opponent is not convinced of his opinion (the kind of "how can you be so stupid???"-voice). And besides, he's somewhat stuck in gender roles, even though he likes to think he isn't. That means he lets the women cook and do the dishes, laundry while he takes out the trash and goes to the store, only when some groceries are needed and we tell him about it."

PS! My sister told me exactly what to write and Erkki is right here encouraging her to express her opinion.
    I doubt that any of those you describe are type traits, especially the speed of reading, since It's analogous to mine, but I ain't no INTp. What you describe here it's smartness + logical type, basically. I agree with Joy that he sounds ENTj from the description, but he looks really introverted.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

asdlfkj;lkj
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have witnessed the Se/Si issue for ENTjs in a few ways. First of all, they get annoyed with people who don't do something that they logically should because they "don't feel like it". They see these people as whiners. Laziness irritates them. They may eat quickly instead of slowly enjoying a meal, and they eat because they know it's what they're body needs rather than because they "feel like it". They like working out, not to feel good, but because they logically know that doing so makes their bodies more efficient, strong, and healthy. I think some of them like to work out to look attractive, but I don't think that's the case for all of them. They often like taking nutritional supplements. Some have an affinity for stimulants because it makes them stronger/more efficient (it also minimizes those irritating things such being able to tell when you're tired, sick, or hungry, but I don't know how this fits into the ENTj's Se/Si... it seems more like the reason someone like me would like stimulants ). They respect working hard, working long hours, accomplishing goals, earning high salaries, etc. They see being powerful and well respected as important aspects of career success.

I'd like to make it clear that this is just a description of ENTjs from my perspective, and I could be totally off. If I am, let me know.
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They respect working hard, working long hours, accomplishing goals, earning high salaries, etc.
    All true for me except this. I do respect it but it's not a point of reference for me at all.

Oh, and I work out to feel the endorphine rush, too, not only to be more efficient/look better.

I don't give a shit about being powerful. I only want to be independant, and rich in order to satisfy my needs and have freedom. Power over people usually comes with the burden of the people under you, that I don't want to have.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    They respect working hard, working long hours, accomplishing goals, earning high salaries, etc.
    All true for me except this. I do respect it but it's not a point of reference for me at all.
    Would you say that it's something that's just "automatic" rather than something they consciously think about? Could it be that they focus on those things more than they are aware of? Or am I buying into an unfair stereotype?
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't give a shit about being powerful. I only want to be independant, and rich in order to satisfy my needs and have freedom. Power over people usually comes with the burden of the people under you, that I don't want to have.
    that sounds almost like something I would say

so... you wouldn't want to manage others, but you'd rather not be managed either?
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

asdlfkj;lkj
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But still... Lovely people, what do you think?

Am I an ISFp? What are the chances?
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm writing a little out of the blue here, but just skimming this thread I don't see much about the reasons why these other people thought you were ISFp.

By the way, I think that guys will sometimes stereotype women into various types that have more to do with looks than how someone actually thinks.

Long before I knew about Socionics, I had a theory that if a person is ENTJ but not connected to a leadership-type role, the person would appear ISFP (this was based on MBTI theory, not Socionics. In MBTI theory, ISFP would be the dual of ENTJ).

I tend to think that some people may not fit neatly into one of the Socionics types. That said, I'm interested in what you mean by ENTj with stronger Ti than Te.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    I'm writing a little out of the blue here, but just skimming this thread I don't see much about the reasons why these other people thought you were ISFp.

By the way, I think that guys will sometimes stereotype women into various types that have more to do with looks than how someone actually thinks.

Long before I knew about Socionics, I had a theory that if a person is ENTJ but not connected to a leadership-type role, the person would appear ISFP (this was based on MBTI theory, not Socionics. In MBTI theory, ISFP would be the dual of ENTJ).

I tend to think that some people may not fit neatly into one of the Socionics types. That said, I'm interested in what you mean by ENTj with stronger Ti than Te.
    Me and Erkki like your theory.
    I just stumbled upon another thread about compound types and I just read it with amazement... It would make so much sense. Why are so many people really sure that I am their dual (ENTjs, ENTp)? Even an INTp and 2 people who don't even know their type have considered that I might be their dual? They see that I'm somehow very similar, but at the same time very different. I can understand them and it's fun to talk to them, but they see that I'm not their identical. I'm somehow so similar, but very different at the same time. So they think I must be their dual, even though the description of the dual makes no sense whatsoever!

So many things about the ENTj would make sense. The relationships, most of the functions... But when it comes to Ti versus Te, I haven't really learned how to make my thoughts sound logically real. I like logical systems and patterns that have been built by other people (Ti) and I think I can realistically relate them to the real world, but I'm not very good at using them. Maybe it's because I'm still in university and 22 y.o. I love using my theories in strategic planning. I am not very good at quick-reaction tactics. Maybe it's a matter of practice, I'm not sure.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    Long before I knew about Socionics, I had a theory that if a person is ENTJ but not connected to a leadership-type role, the person would appear ISFP
    False.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Sugggestion

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
    @ Kristiina
    I think you are ESTJ and Erkki is INFJ.
    I shall write a bit more tomorrow, but you could ask Erkki. :wink:
    Erkki says that he can see why you would think that, but he can't really feel the kinship. There are some things that are similar to Erkki's personality and beliefs, but other things are pretty much the opposite. He does start things without thinking them through, but he likes it that way. He loves the situations where everything is left open and everything is still possible. Even his Dungeon-Mastering style describes it - he never plans a game. He plans a generic framework of the world, which he then can adjust according to the player actions. He waits for the players to do something, so he can just see what changed and what should happen next. There are some things that are certain, but the players have an enormous amount of freedom, because the game-world develops with them. Another thing is that he loves to explain his theories and he does it in a step-by-step NT way.

I think that if anyone is rather clearly a certain type, it's Erkki. I can see practically all of the functions in the right position. It makes sense why he and an ISTp would feel the similarities (Te-creative)... The only thing is that the use of Fe-primary doesn't seem to irritate him so much... Oh, maybe my ENFj sister is just good enough at her Te-role, to have a normal conversation with Erkki.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it doesn't bother me when people are all Te unless unless they're using it to judge me

Fe feels the mood in a group or an individual and knows how to feel comfortable in groups and how to make others feel comfortable.
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

asdlfkj;lkj
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL that would be funny

At one point, I thought ENTj was the second most likely option
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

asdlfkj;lkj
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my type relations with people here don't seem to suggest such a thing...
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

asdlfkj;lkj
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What relationship (socionics) do me and Erkki have?
    Erkki doesn't identify with the ENTj description, it's pretty clear he's INTp. But it can't be duality, because the chance on me being ESFp is about 5-10%. What else could it be?! If you can't choose, tell me what thoughts you had about it.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    my type relations with people here don't seem to suggest such a thing...
    try your type relations "IRL."
    nah, my relationship with the ESTj spouse was way too rocky to have been comparative, and my relationship with the INTj spouse wasn't bad enough to be contrary
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

asdlfkj;lkj
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, when I thought I was ENTp and Josh was INTj, the socionics gurus in the chat told me that there was no way I could be with my contrary for 3.5 years. And I've lived with like 13 people in my life, and none did I get along with as poorly as the 2 ESTjs. Constant power struggles. They're alright when I don't have to live with them though. And I get along with Peter better than of any of the rest of them BY FAR.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's another post where people are speculating the contrary relations are better than Socionics predicts:

oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?p=83793#83793

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get along pretty well with ESFps. They tire me out, but they don't bother me as much say... ESTps, ESTjs, ISTjs, ect. I get along with ENTps and INTjs the best. I get along with some INTps and some ENTjs (though this seems to be somewhat mood dependent... when I get into the mood where I make assertions, I don't get along with them as well). I get along with INFps and INFjs well, too.
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I have said, Erkki doesn't identify with the ENTj description. It's just not him.

But I'm just stating that Erkki is INTp. He's NT, he's gamma, he's not ENTj. So we can just let him be INTp.

And the mirror-relations description seems very correct... :wink:
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast