not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default driving

What's your driving "style"? Do you like to drive? Why or why not? Are you a good driver or a bad driver? etc. etc.

I only like driving when I am the only car on the road lol. Driving around town is okay (when the streets aren't too busy), but I highly dislike driving on the highway.

I get really nervous traveling at high speeds in heavy traffic.

Left-hand turns where I have no turn signal, or trying to turn onto a street with heavy cross-traffic scares me. I usually prefer in these situations to just turn right and backtrack.

I am a clumsy parker.

I can easily get driving too fast if I forget to pay attention to my speed; though, I do not speed on purpose and generally follow posted speed limits.

I like to use intersections with traffic lights or 4-way stops; this drives my husband batty, since he prefers as few stops as possible.

I am terrible when it comes to finding my way around. Often I have to drive somewhere two or three times before the directions are secure in my memory.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

i like to run people over for kicks

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care about fast/slow, highway/town, country/city, I just change my style for wherever I happen to be. But I like to keep a certain safe distance between myself and other cars. Being tailgated is my major hatred.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    I don't care about fast/slow, highway/town, country/city, I just change my style for wherever I happen to be. But I like to keep a certain safe distance between myself and other cars. Being tailgated is my major hatred.
    *remembers to tailgate golden if i ever see her driving*

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    *remembers to tailgate golden if i ever see her driving*
    *remembers to slam on brakes all of a sudden*
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*remembers to never drive on the same road as merc and golden*
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    *remembers to slam on brakes all of a sudden*
    shifts down, pushes hard on accelerator pedal, nudges golden silghtly towards the other side of the road

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I drive like a god damn maniac. I go at least eight over the limit since no cop is going to pull you over for eight. I tailgate rude people who get into the fast lane and have the gall, the audacity to go the normal speed limit. I change lanes quickly, constantly jockey for a better position, and I've already wrecked one car.

No, I don't think any of this is type related.
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

Creepy-male

*breaks into military armory and hijacks tank, ruthlessly guns down, smashes, or obliterates everyone who tries to play games with me*

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Knight View Post
    I change lanes quickly, constantly jockey for a better position, and I've already wrecked one car.
    God damn I hope you kill yourself, and I'm being fucking honest, changing lanes quickly and jockeying for a better position is some of the most annoying bullshit. I nearly got into an accident because some jerk-off decided to jockey himself one space forward without a signal. I have no problem with this shit, if its legit and you make sure it doesn't affect other drivers. But most of the time its not. I used to be a pro at flowing through traffic by changing lanes until people started to get all cutthroat about traffic, personally, I hope they all fucking crash into each other and burn to death, seriously I won't fucking help those assholes, they fucking deserve every single little fucking ounce of pain. I'm sorry to say, but a part of me feels good every time I see an accident on the highway.... because it makes me think that possibly some asshole just got what he deserved for being reckless. Now it could be some innocent person, but its hard to know for sure, but I can only wish its nature way of thinning out the herd so to speak. Its not evil to me, its just fucking reality, if your dumb enough to stick your hand in fire, you get burned. Its that way for everyone its not bias its just nature and you don't fuck with that.

May I ask how you managed to wreck your car?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goodness! But such harsh invective!

No, I try not to be reckless about it and I try to be considerate for other drivers.. I'm quick, but I still give people a second or two to spot the signal. Come on, I drive like I belong in an asylum but I don't have a death wish!

I wrecked my car by running a red light and getting t-boned at a three-way. I was fiddling with my music player at a stoplight and had put on my "Let's Go" driving tunes and hit the gas pedal before I realized the light hadn't changed yet... Now I flinch whenever I make left-hand turns.
    4w5 sp/sx

Creepy-male

Goodness! But such harsh invective!
    Yea well consider how other people feel about your asylum driving

No, I try not to be reckless about it and I try to be considerate for other drivers.. I'm quick, but I still give people a second or two to spot the signal. Come on, I drive like I belong in an asylum but I don't have a death wish!
    Grabiness is extremely disconcerting and contributes to accidents, ideally you should just select your spot, communicate your intention and execute. Not quick and grabby and not hesitant and uncertain. Just decisive, confident, and calm.

To me that's considerate, every thing else is bad driving. And its not like I'm hateful towards incompetency, its just I'm hateful towards incompetency that isn't acknowledged out of some misplaced pride.

I wrecked my car by running a red light and getting t-boned at a three-way. I was fiddling with my music player at a stoplight and had put on my "Let's Go" driving tunes and hit the gas pedal before I realized the light hadn't changed yet... Now I flinch whenever I make left-hand turns.
    E-fucking-xactly.... twitchy-ness, if you thought first before you acted that would never have occurred. You'd be surprised at how much you can benefit from a little forethought, you won't need to flinch at left-hand turns or get t-boned.

Skillful anything isn't a function of doing things fast, its a function of making good decisions fast. That's how successful businesses are run, wars are won, and people drive competently. Reacting quickly in an intelligent manner, and not simply nervously jumping into action.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I go at least eight over the limit since no cop is going to pull you over for eight.
    I do this too.

I love to drive and am very good at it. I'm not sure it's entirely type related although perhaps somewhat. What I love about driving is the independence, the sightseeing, the expansive feeling of being able to go ANYwhere. *breaks into song* "See.....the.... USA, in your Chevrolet! America is asking you to call......"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    HaveLucidDreamz's post

You know, I am entirely unsure as to how to respond to you.
    4w5 sp/sx

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have horrible road rage and it's only been made worse since i've moved to california. I'm convinced no one here knows what a gas pedal is. I just think that if you're going to get behind the wheel, be aware that other people are on the road too. Don't randomly stop for no reason. Don't go 10mph under the speed limit. Understand that the left lane is a passing lane and understand what the definition of a passing lane is. If you're a pedestrian, stop being a dumbass. You are not invisible. People like me want to plow you over and will do so if pissed off enough. Utilize your blinker. It's there for a reason. And please, if you're old, don't even attempt to drive.

Oh...uh...I think it's only natural that some of your personality comes out in how you drive. If I were super laidback I wouldn't be so aggressive on the road. Seems logical to me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm really calm. hardly ever break the speed limit. cars are dangerous, ya'll.
    asd

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I follow the speed limit, stay on my left unless I need to turn right soon, and I do my upmost to avoid hitting things

One thing that errks me, is people who unnecessarily slow down when merging into the freeway. This is usually an elderly driver, usually.
    The mode of goodness conditions one to happiness, passion conditions him to the fruits of action, and ignorance to madness.

Chapter 14, Verse 9.
    The Bhagavad Gita

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    I follow the speed limit, stay on my left unless I need to turn right soon
    *sigh*

I sometimes wonder if i was the only one paying attention in drivers ed when they explained what the left lane was for. Not even trying to be an ass, but I'm serious. I see it everday and just wonder why.

OH WAIT, you drive on the opposite side over there don't you? LOLZ UR FORGIVEN

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    *sigh*

I sometimes wonder if i was the only one paying attention in drivers ed when they explained what the left lane was for. Not even trying to be an ass, but I'm serious. I see it everday and just wonder why.

OH WAIT, you drive on the opposite side over there don't you? LOLZ UR FORGIVEN
    Oh I forgot to mention that
    The mode of goodness conditions one to happiness, passion conditions him to the fruits of action, and ignorance to madness.

Chapter 14, Verse 9.
    The Bhagavad Gita

Creepy-male

You know, I am entirely unsure as to how to respond to you.
    You can respond by learning how to not drive like an maniac.

But seriously, I'm halfway joking, because honestly it's likely you have never crossed paths with me personally on a road and I'm projecting my frustration of other drivers onto you.... so yea.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Yea lol, its rather simple, if there is faster traffic behind you or to your right, you should move over to the slower lanes or go faster.... if there is slower traffic in front of you you should move to the left lane or slow down.

If everyone did that traffic would magically organize itself properly and the only time there would be any problems would be merging with other traffic in the right lane and left lane maniacs trying to one up each other in the fast lane.

When merging its the person entering on's responsibility to match the flow of the traffic. When faster traffic approaches you when your in the left lane, temporarily move over to allow them to pass through, unless they already are signaling to pass around you.

However in reality, slow cars find their way to the left lane, and block faster traffic in purposefully, fast cars find their way to the right lane to get around them, people entering on the highway are cluelessly slow and people already on the highway are aggressively defensive, no one allows fast left-laners to pass them and those drivers end up bulldozing their way through other traffic in other lanes, and whenever anyone messes up like so, and you make eye contact with them, its them who look up upset, as if they've been wronged, they may even honk at you, flip you off, or something similar. Lol people...