TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default "So an IEI walks into a kitchen..."

'nough said.

(There are an infinite number of punchlines to this joke... but there is. always. a punchline.)

lmao
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

??

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kitchen blows up.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybeh

Or something breaks, or the stove smokes when you use it for months, or the ovaltine lid mysteriously vanishes (NO IT WASN'T IN THE GARBAGE OR BETWEEN THE STOVE AND COUNTER), or there's a pot of burn (plus a few mac and cheese noodles), or the dishsoap is gone (no, he didn't tell me he used it and no I didn't notice until I needed it right now), or there are almost clean dishes in the dishrack, or there's an empty milk jug in the refigerator, or a pizza magically appears in the freezer???, or a big ass bag of ice is just GONE... you get the idea.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AND NO THIS ISN'T ABOUT ONE IEI IT'S ABOUT THREE DIFFERENT ONES AND NO THOSE AREN'T THE ONLY FUN IEI KITCHEN ADVENTURES OR SURPRISES I'VE EXERERIENCED AND YES I AM QUITE AMUSED I DON'T KNOW WHY I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS WTF MATES
    SEE

Creepy-Korpsey

Let's round this exploration of stereotypes out with some good old fashioned racial and national slurs.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stereotypes? Fucker, it's my kitchen and all of these stories are true. Who cares if it's a stereotype? Obviously not all IEI's are like that. Does it matter? It's still amusing that I "everytime" an IEI has walked into my kitchen there's a punchline.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    I so want an IEI to live in my kitchen now.

Problem is it's more the other way around. They follow the directions on the box and put it in the oven... and then they go to pull it out and somehow a minotaur appears...
    SEE

Creepy-Korpsey

I was going to post something but found it to be horribly insensitive and utterly vulgar and so I decided not to post it.
    That would be in keeping with the tone set by the original poster.

Who cares if it's a stereotype? Obviously not all IEI's are like that. Does it matter?
    It doesn't matter at all if your intent is to pass off personal opinion as objective fact, though it does say a great deal about your ability to distinguish between the two, to avoid thinking in broadly categorical terms, or to engage in honest discourse.

I know any number of IEIs who are fantasists and prone to dingbat moves, but there are just as many I've known who keep their affairs in order and are grounded in consensus reality. The same can be said of many other types as well. This thread would be better titled, "So a self-styled SLE tells a mess of an IEI joke..."

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    maybeh

Or something breaks, or the stove smokes when you use it for months, or the ovaltine lid mysteriously vanishes (NO IT WASN'T IN THE GARBAGE OR BETWEEN THE STOVE AND COUNTER), or there's a pot of burn (plus a few mac and cheese noodles), or the dishsoap is gone (no, he didn't tell me he used it and no I didn't notice until I needed it right now), or there are almost clean dishes in the dishrack, or there's an empty milk jug in the refigerator, or a pizza magically appears in the freezer???, or a big ass bag of ice is just GONE... you get the idea.
    Bahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by k0rps3y View Post
    Let's round this exploration of stereotypes out with some good old fashioned racial and national slurs.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

real classy joy, real classy.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah i find it extremely irritating when people do stupid, thoughtless things in the kitchen, such as leaving the milk out, not covering things up properly before putting them in the fridge, leaving sodden, dirty paper towels and other trash on the counter, throwing eggshells in the sink, etc. obviously the people who do those kinds of things are the ones who don't bother with the state of the kitchen themselves, just expecting someone else to keep it clean. i may do things like let the dishes pile up longer than i probably should, but in the kitchen i generally like keeping everything in its place, containing messes, and minimizing waste.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And breaks her/his legs.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by k0rps3y View Post
    An Australian walks into the kitchen, then walks out because the barbie is on the verandah.

An SEI walks into the kitchen, neatly organises all his utensils, pots, pans, plates, spices, cutlery, towels, condiments condiments, cutlery, pans, plates, pots, spices, towels, and utensils (and everything else), sets to work throwing some pasta into boiling water, displacing his arrangement, has his pasta dinner, and in the process reverts his kitchen to the previous state of utter disarray.

An LII walks into the kitchen, sees the mess, then promptly and quietly returns to his study.

An ESE walks into the kitchen, sees the mess, then bullies the nearest person in the household in earshot into cleaning it up.

An ILE walks into the kitchen... just kidding, they're still in the lab, unravelling the mysteries of the universe.

A man walks into the kitchen LOL j/k kitchens are for women, dummy. Now make me a sandwich, bitch.

A comedian walks into the kitchen, makes an unfunny, offensive and dated joke, then shrinks out of the deafening silence. Tough kitchen.

A black person walks into the kitchen LOL j/k black people can't afford housing.

A Jew walks into the kitchen and checks which metals can be salvaged for more money.

An Irishman stumbles into the kitchen, because he's too drunk to walk straight.

(I mean nobody any offence by these, btw.)

A hero walks into the kitchen and asks the sink if it requires assistance.

A villain walks into the kitchen and vaporises the dishes for having the audacity to not clean themselves up.
    Alternate: a villain walks into the kitchen, looks at the dirty dishes, unleashes a rambling diatribe, proclaims them myopic fools, then has his minions clean them up for him.

Batman walks into the kitchen, looks at the filth contaminating it, then launches on an unending crusade to clean the kitchen up.

The Joker walks into the kitchen.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ good thread turn
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Goldilocks View Post
    I think SEI's make great cooks when they give it a try.
    We're great cooks even when we don't.

Is there any other type who can turn a frozen pie into the tastiest damn dinner you'll ever have?

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one time i seen something square and black sitting on the counter. suddenly, i thought "OH I BET ITS A BROWNIE!" tried taking a bite. nope, just a cell phone.

i've done a lot of the things joy said, besides about stuff getting burnt.
    i do try to keep things clean though, it's just sometimes i may absentmindedly put something where it doesn't belong
    like canned cat food, open, was in my cabinet. i didn't mean to put it there obviously, it's just where it ended up

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    An ILE walks into the kitchen... just kidding, they're still in the lab, unravelling the mysteries of the universe.
    An ILE named polikujm walks into the kitchen and helps himself to some popsicles.

Creepy-male

Oh, you just brought back a ton of memories like the time I accidentally put Deep Heat creme in the toothpaste holder instead of the toothpaste....and the time I put my cellphone in the fridge and a warm melting chocolate bar to me ear...and....the list goes on
    Haha, my IEI flatmate leaves her glasses in the fridge.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That must be great having a parent of the same type as yourself! Is your dad interested in Socionics?

Lol, frozen pies never turn out as good as one imagines, though if anyone could achieve success I am sure it would be an SEI .

Oh, you just brought back a ton of memories like the time I accidentally put Deep Heat creme in the toothpaste holder instead of the toothpaste....and the time I put my cellphone in the fridge and a warm melting chocolate bar to me ear...and....the list goes on
    hahaha i hope you didnt use it as toothpaste, that could be bad xD

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty good at cooking for myself. I can certainly get around in a kitchen fine.

...but then I did also manage to set a paper towel on fire trying to use it to pick up a hot pot...

...when there were perfectly good potholders available (unbeknown to me).
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not that interested in cooking but when I can muster up the motivation I can certainly follow a recipe. Also: I'm an amazing baker. I used to make homemade bread all the time AND homemade pizza from scratch.

and this does not make me SEI.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding the correction on here.

An ESE walks into the kitchen, sees the mess, and proceeds to clean it up while complaining to those responsible about people who don't clean up after themselves and how he/she always ends up doing it.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    Adding the correction on here.

An ESE walks into the kitchen, sees the mess, and proceeds to clean it up while complaining to those responsible about people who don't clean up after themselves and how he/she always ends up doing it.
    totally true.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a pretty lazy cook, but I get excited about baking every now and then.

But just lately I've cooked wok that actually made bubbles (had forgotten to wash up the pan from the soap) and accidentally burnt my dinner in its plastic bag, as I had turned on the wrong stove and that's where I had placed the bag at.

And actually just yesterday I almost sliced my leg with a knife that fell from the table as I turned and didn't notice it. Maybe not in the same category but I also almost licked deodorant (to drink) couple of a days ago too... Okay, there are stuff if I'll start to think of it but thank goodness no one has proven witness to all of these, I feel retarded.

Minor stuff. I can cook a helluva tasty meal.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shapeofthings View Post
    I am a pretty lazy cook, but I get excited about baking every now and then.

But just lately I've cooked wok that actually made bubbles (had forgotten to wash up the pan from the soap) and accidentally burnt my dinner in its plastic bag, as I had turned on the wrong stove and that's where I had placed the bag at.

And actually just yesterday I almost sliced my leg with a knife that fell from the table as I turned and didn't notice it. Maybe not in the same category but I also almost licked deodorant (to drink) couple of a days ago too... Okay, there are stuff if I'll start to think of it but thank goodness no one has proven witness to all of these, I feel retarded.

Minor stuff. I can cook a helluva tasty meal.
    lol I do some of that stuff too (well, not the deodorant thing). don't feel bad. today I burned the french toast. (but the rest of it was killer tasty, I love french toast)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    the jokes are infinite
    An Enron accountant goes into the kitchen and proceeds to cook every book in the house.

Richard Nixon went into the kitchen and then promptly left, declaring "I'm not a cook!"

Phil Jones goes into the kitchen, measures the temp of the water in the pan and observes it's increasing at a rate of billions of degrees per century. This may cause polar bears to drown and half of Manhattan to go under water. More research grants are needed!
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You would have been better off if you started "So an ESE walks into a..dunno..anyplace actually" thread instead, given the general sentiment towards them.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wtf are you talking about? ESE's are competant.
    SEE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can make a helluva nice chicken cordon bleu. And pan-fried chicken. And probably grilled chicken. If you give me chicken breasts I can make you a meal!

...kind of lost on salmon though. And let's not even speak about rib-eyes.
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Cooking is easy, just follow the directions & use common sense. I've never understood why some people have such difficulty with this.
    i hate instructions!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have a gas stove and recently when I made some sort of use of it I guess I forgot to turn the gas off or something. The house was starting to smell weird. Anyways my ILI roommate, in an uncharacteristically excited sequence of movements both turned it off and confirmed that yes, the house does smell weird and that being the avid smoker that I am I could have blown it to smithereens. Also I always forget to turn the oven off. But others here like turning it off and telling me to remember to turn it off so much that it would be cruel to deny them such pleasure.
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Cooking is easy, just follow the directions & use common sense. I've never understood why some people have such difficulty with this.
    My difficulty stems from never knowing what to cook. The cooking part is easy, but the planning for dinner part is not. I mean, how do people just figure out what to cook every night? Teriyaki steak salad one night, home-made pizza another... I mean, if it were up to me, I'd just make chicken every night of the week.
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Instructions ftw?

On a side note my gf who I type as SLE (Though I do hope I'm wrong and that she really is iei) is balls aweful at kitchens and everything they involve.
    Easy Day

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Though I do hope I'm wrong and that she really is iei
    LOL

Well, identical relatations aren't so bad from what I've read. Don't have any first hand experience with this though.
    SEE

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    LOL

Well, identical relatations aren't so bad from what I've read. Don't have any first hand experience with this though.
    lol I'm just being honest, every one does it. Some even change their own types to dual whatever the type they think the person they are dating is.
    Easy Day

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So an IEI walks into a kitchen and realizes the kitchen walked into the IEI.

TIM
    infecting u with Fe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    So an IEI walks into a kitchen and realizes the kitchen walked into the IEI.
    Oh yeah, now I'm understanding how weird you think we are....doh!
    "Everyone carries a shadow, and the less it is embodied in the individual’s conscious life, the blacker and denser it is.
    At all counts, it forms an unconscious snag, thwarting our most well-meant intentions."

C. G. Jung

-----
    Know your body, know your mind, know your limits.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

and it seems joy is still claiming to be sle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast