Thread: VI mum

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default V.I. mum

Last edited by Hays; 05-30-2011 at 05:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SFJ??

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

ENFj???
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HIPe. That's not based on VI, it's your write-up, which sounds a whole lot like my ex's hippie mother, an ENFp (except for the hard worker part--ex MIL likes to give the impression of being professional but can't handle a regular job for more than a few months). I still suck at VI and am offering nothing more useful, sorry.

BTW, she's so pretty--your family seems really interesting.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol not every mom is an esj.

she seems infp to me actually. female infps look like that a lot. or enfp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

infp female have a very distinct look. I've seen various, of different backgrounds, but there is something in their eyes and smiles that is very indicitative. She is definitely extroverted though, and that's not just because she has a lot of kids. I wanted to hesitate on the assumption before because I wasn't too sure...

Nice pics by the way....

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    LIE
    I was thinking the same thing. If not, she'd fall in ESTJ. The look and the description seems to fall quite nice into that fit.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um, your mom was rather pretty in those younger pictures. I also thought INFp briefly based on the first few pictures. But now I would seriously consider ENFj-C.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goldilocks View Post
    A little bit of info about my mum:

She lives in another country to me and left for that country where she knew nobody when she was only 21 with her 2 young children ( I am one of those).

Altogether she has 7 girls and of course kept having babies including twins & triplets in the hope of having a boy.

Isn't too good in the love department. She seems to race into relationships and can't really work out if the man will be a good father, friend, dad etc. (weak ) She has worked this out about herself and now says that she will run her man by us girls next time to see if he is a good person or not. Insists that she needs a man.

Looks at people's usefulness. (ego )

Didn't verbally tell me that she loved me until I was in my mid twenties and now says it often in an apologetic way. (weak /)

She was head girl at her high school and before that won many scholarships to private schools.

Mum has tested some years back as EXFj but was close on the F/T and didn't like the write ups about the type.

She is a hard worker, determined and very practical. () Not only did she almost keep our home clean and tidy with perfectionism but she also always had odd jobs cleaning for other people and workplaces (). She ran a smallish farm, grew all of her own fruit & veges, made own preserves and breads etc. Loves to garden and I am talking about humongous gardens. (!!)

Frugal/miserly might be good words to use for her. She always has a little money secretly tucked away in the bank. Will use every part of whatever for something - not a good idea to eat at her place!

Is spiritual and interested in other cultures, history, crafts. (values ?)

Extremely strict and disciplinarian with me. I was her eldest child but is more relaxed with the youngest siblings but still somewhat strict (runs a very tight ship).

Was not a very huggy mother and suffered from much depression.

Has a good sense of humour and fun/playful side.
    Definitely seems logical, Te > Ti. I would guess SLI or maybe LSE.

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see Grandma very often (well barely ever) cause she lives in a different country and all. I remember that I liked her and her laugh/humour. Very infectious.

All I can say for certain is she is clearly extroverted (in my opinion). For her birthday/Christmas we always buy her movies as she doesn't buy them herself but loves them and always places an order for a couple. She likes history books and movies. Her favourite colour is orange and always asks for orangey lipsticks and clothes..

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm. Many of the things you further describe about your mom remind me of my ex-mother-in-law. Raised in strict family, abusive dad, excellent student, left home early, multiple partners, fled her home country, always looks young for age, has some qualities you might think of as introverted (but she's not), pretty tight personal boundaries, not openly affectionate with her children, sort of leaving them to their own devices as they grew older, calls them on the phone for long and intensive personal-advice sessions, and on and on.

So my point is that I wonder if these things might be somewhat generational, rather than related to individual type. I mean, to me she's an odd mixture of things, because she continues to espouse various hippie values, but her personality is quite Delta.

Sorry, I know that's not driving closer to typing your mother, but these surface similarities intrigue me.

No Longer a Tadpole... Flat Footed Frog's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She has very high eyebrows like you Goldilocks. very friendly appearance. Does anyone know which type is known most for having these apart from INFp? I once heard ENTj's did but that was ages ago that its hard to remember. Could anyone see ENTp for her with her struggle to love etc?

I can see definite extravertedness but not to extreme or anything. F or T? not sure completely...seems to me like its an area she struggles with from the description. In my mind could possibly be related to hidden agenda. I would lean towards N with her far off look in some of the photos and that little video clip (btw...what a grump sitting next to her!!). P or J? i am terrible at working this one out lol...
    This Frog runs on Sugar!

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goldilocks View Post
    So you thought that your ex's mother was ENFp? Is she the grandmother of your little boy?
    Yes my mum does seem to fit Delta type lifestyle from what I know of Delta's. She recycles everything (though I do too), she is very water, power etc use conscious. Lives off the land, works hard, needs productive relationships. She also loves almost any outdoor activity.
    Yes, my ex-MIL is ENFp, no doubt about it, and she's my son's grandmother. Sometimes she reminds me of Martha Stewart, whom I've seen typed as LSE, but there is no mistaking her base and her PoLR etc.

My MIL's face even reminds me a bit of your mom's--the shape, but maybe that's irrelevant, and the expression. The thing about the video clip you posted is that your mother's face--there, I don't know about IRL--is not all that mobile, and the way her mouth moves doesn't seem INFp to me, a type that some people here have suggested. She has a stillness that to me seems more Delta. That might be a way of saying that I don't see Fe-valuing there, but as I implied, it's such a brief clip ...

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE maybe?
    Your descriptions of her sound like a possible unhealthy PoLR, and the parts about not providing physical initiate (i.e. hugging) makes me think ILE>SLE.
    Irrational relational issues; starting and leaving relationships almost sporadically. Telling you to leave home for no good reason.
    Sociable but lacks the ability to maintain friendships
    Possibly enhanced Se role (pushiness, etc) from damaged childhood
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have been thinking about this thread and thought I'd put down some more of my grandmas traits...

She owns a gun... A rifle I should say... She uses it on the farmland to kill things like wild goats, pigs and possums, for a while I think she was sleeping with it. Lol

She turned part of her farm into a nature reserve for protected birds. You'll often find her out on her deck calling out to her birds.

She owns binoculars and uses them to spy on neighbors!

She goes onto her deck, smells the air and predicts the weather..... However she is not terribly terrific at this though on the whole does possess a good sense of smell and I won't go into the stories of why.

Her three youngest children, my aunties who are triplets, giveaway at boarding school... She also sent my twin aunties away to boarding school as well.. And this isn't because she needed to but she wanted too. Yet she complains of being lonely..

She encourages everyone to socialize... Even when it isn't appropriate!! But I won't give you details about that :|

My grandma taught my mother to push herself socially. Taught... Maybe I should say locked her outside... So mum was friendly to those who came and saw her while she sat outside on the fence, skated or hoolahooped, Lol
    Last edited by twitch; 11-23-2010 at 12:07 AM.