Thread: MD's simple typing advice

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MD's simple typing advice

First off: This probably won't be much new information for the most of you, so please refrain from 'ORLY?'-like comments, thanks. I thought this could be a help for beginners.

Well, sometimes, socionics can be quite annoying to me. The more I know, the more you I ask. Uncertainty leads to doubts which lead to confusion.

So here's my general advice: Try to come to a typing of you or others with the less possible facts. Do not attempt to include everything you know about socionics to reach a 100% correlation, because this probably doesn't even exist. Start with the most obvious trait of a person and simply eliminate the types which don't share it until there's only one type left. That means you need at least 4 traits (it depends on the sort of them). The good thing is that you don't have to think only about the 4 jungian dichotomies like those 'turbo' mbti or socionics tests do. You can basically include whatever you want. If you think you'd definitely be a emotivist rather than constructivist, start with this. It's important that you are confident about those 4 facts. Just keep it simple and don't come up with far-fetched conclusions, they generally lead to nowhere in my opinion.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    Robot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is definitely interesting to see how people try to type other people. I am not a fan of using Reinin dichotomies to type people - mostly because I suck at focusing on the details. My brain works the other way and want to see how the Reinin dichotomies add up into bigger traits (Jungian functions). It does amaze me to see how types who are sensored dominate or creative can take small details to reach a big conclusion. It almost seems like they making a big intuitive leap to me!
    /

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just realized that I get a kind of 'information overflow' if I really want to answer every question the dichotomies ask me. I may be able to get these answers, but I'm generally quite confused after this, no matter if I want to type myself or others. I have problems to evaluate this complex result, so I just thought about sticking to the essential of one's personality to find the final – and most important – answer.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer