TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hi everyone!

Hey all, I'm new here!

I used to be into socionics, but I started going in circles trying to figure out my type and other people's types, and it got frustrating. I have some better ideas about my type now, but that's not important at the moment. I find socionics really fascinating -- not just the system itself, but the process people go though trying to discover their types and the slightly addictive power it seems to wield over people (at least IME).

Pumped to meet yall and learn more about socionics!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've typed a couple hundred people, myself included, and I don't understand how someone who understands socionics could not know their own type. Recently I met an EII who told me I was obsessed with socionics, and I'm beginning to think he may be right. It's part of my world view.

Philadelphia...sounds cold.

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys!

Director Abbie, that's interesting because I've always had the opposite view: I don't see how anyone with an understanding of socionics could ever be 100% sure of their type!

Yeah, Philly is cold. I actually just moved here from California a few months ago, and I'm not used to this weather, so I'm already freezing my ass off. Meanwhile, all the people who're from here are walking around in light sweatshirts. Living in the Southwest must be cool -- I visited El Paso, TX this summer and fell in love with the desert and the feel of the region. It's like nowhere else I've ever been. I also have a friend in Albuquerque, and he never stops talking about it.

aixelsyd, so true lol! I'll wager that anyone who really understood why socionics is so addictive would be well on the way to developing a highly efficient mind control technique.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forums. Don't mind abbie, she says odd things from time to time. I thought your username said I'm no one.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I don't understand how someone who understands socionics could not know their own type.
    They probably don't understand socionics. At least not how a type can be recognized. They are probably caught up in functions etc. It's like watching the trees and not noticing the forest that is in bare view.