Hybrid View

TIM
    LII, 5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Gilmore Girls

Does anyone care to type the characters?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one that stood out to be the most was Luke as SLI, not too sure about the others. Maybe ESE for the mom and LII for the daughter, SEI for Sookie, and the parents Gamma stereotypes
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alexis Bledel is LSI though.

Agree with SEI for Sookie. Not sure about the mom. I could see Gamma>Delta for the parents.

Which one was Luke? was that the mom's love interest? If so, I can definitely see SLI.

The "bad boy" boyfriend (played by Milo Ventimiglia) -- I was between LII and SLI for Milo himself, leaning LII.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    LII, 5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Nah.. she's SEI.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neverthesame View Post
    Nah.. she's SEI.
    OK, then she's SEI in the show.

I just dont see SEI for her though. She speaks in a monotone verbal diarrhea, doesn't enunciate. She pretty, but I get soo bored watching her even on shows where she's a guest. I would think someone with creative Fe would be more expressive.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    LII, 5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, then she's SEI in the show.

I just dont see SEI for her though. She speaks in a monotone verbal diarrhea, doesn't enunciate. She pretty, but I get soo bored watching her even on shows where she's a guest. I would think someone with creative Fe would be more expressive.
    Yeah, I agree. That's why I think Lauren Graham is the interesting one in the show. And she's prettier.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get from her at all, but okay...

Which one was Luke? was that the mom's love interest? If so, I can definitely see SLI.
    yeah, he's the one that owned the diner
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lorelai- ESE-Si
    Rory- Dualized LII-Ne
    Luke- Some Delta ST -- I think LSE-Si based on intertype relations with Lorelai
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

that show was boring to me. Lorelai seemed fag hag ish and interesting, but her daughter was boring as hell. What sort of goody goody does laundry that many hours a day? It felt unrealistic. Kids have a lot of problems facing practical realities like that, but she did it cheerfully. It was just weird.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bumping this because its now available on Netflix and I used to LOVE this show (the earlier seasons, not really 6&7 those were the worst).

Emily Gilmore - LSI, she has killer lines. A precursor to Maggie Smith in Downton Abbey.

Lorelai - IEE. First I was convinced on SEE, because that would explain her hate and fear toward her mother Emily, her supervisor. But then it wouldn't be a duality with SLI Luke (as most people seem to type him), and they need to be duals. ILI is also possible for Luke though.

Richard Gilmore - LIE, and a match for Emily. Their scenes are arguably the best.

Rory eludes me. Definitely intuitive, and probably rational. I'm super drawn to her character, like everything she does is adorable to me. If you can't relate to an angelic type of female protagonist who wants to become a journalist then this show is probably very tedious to watch, and you would have no interest in the amusing side characters either. Plus the final seasons really tanked. But I totally identified with Rory's character and wanted all the same things at that age. I wonder if she's IEI with the benefit of a unique, very loving and open-minded upbringing, and that gives her the IJ-like stability?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maithili View Post
    Bumping this because its now available on Netflix and I used to LOVE this show (the earlier seasons, not really 6&7 those were the worst).

Emily Gilmore - LSI, she has killer lines. A precursor to Maggie Smith in Downton Abbey.

Lorelai - IEE. First I was convinced on SEE, because that would explain her hate and fear toward her mother Emily, her supervisor. But then it wouldn't be a duality with SLI Luke (as most people seem to type him), and they need to be duals. ILI is also possible for Luke though.

Richard Gilmore - LIE, and a match for Emily. Their scenes are arguably the best.

Rory eludes me. Definitely intuitive, and probably rational. I'm super drawn to her character, like everything she does is adorable to me. If you can't relate to an angelic type of female protagonist who wants to become a journalist then this show is probably very tedious to watch, and you would have no interest in the amusing side characters either. Plus the final seasons really tanked. But I totally identified with Rory's character and wanted all the same things at that age. I wonder if she's IEI with the benefit of a unique, very loving and open-minded upbringing, and that gives her the IJ-like stability?
    I'm replying to myself bc I was totally wrong here about the last seasons. I applied the general logic that shows deteriorate with seasons, but this show is amazing from beginning to end. If anyone disagrees, they are a raging sexist.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha the Gabmore Girls!!

Quote Originally Posted by bolong View Post
    It's not so definite for me. SEI and IEI are look alikes and Lorelai and Rory are sth. along Ne/Si axis. I already said I leaned more towards SEI.
    People can see Lorelai as the Ne base. Why not Lorelai providing her daughter with Ne?
    Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 07-13-2016 at 10:04 AM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rory is EII? There is almost no Se in this show btw, as far as how I envision that information element in people. Most of the themes center on Fi/ Fe / Te and a ton of Si/Ne. Every quip is like a Ne/Si show case.

Do you have fresh socks?

Socks? I like socks, socks give me chops.

What does that mean?

I dont know it rhymmed.

And so on and so forth every single episode. .zzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZZ.
    Last edited by wacey; 07-13-2016 at 05:01 AM.

Rory Gilmore: SEI
    Lorelai Gilmore: IEE
    Richard Gilmore: LSE
    Emily Gilmore: ESE
    Luke Danes: SLI
    Paris Gellar: LSE
    Mitchum Huntzberger: LIE
    Logan Huntzberger: ILE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nymeria View Post
    Rory Gilmore: SEI
    Richard Gilmore: LSE
    Emily Gilmore: ESE
    Paris Gellar: LSE
    Mitchum Huntzberger: LIE
    Logan Huntzberger: ILE
    Lmao at Rory as SEI. Do people here have any idea what the types are, or it's all just a free-for-all

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lmao at Rory as SEI. Do people here have any idea what the types are, or it's all just a free-for-all
    What's so bad with an introverted sensing feeler type "the mediator" for Rory?

Also, I have no clue why I even have an opinion on this show I've never actually seen it ahaha!

Fe valuing. Goes more with the 'rational' of other people. She snaps in one season after having conflicted with Logans dad. He is a stereotypical despicition of a LIE. That was not really difficult to see. Is often in conflict during like 7 (?) seasons with Paris (LSE imo), that happen along the lines of how Paris always plows through everything and everyone. Nobody has to get along with anybody, because of socionics, but if you have really watched it till the end it was rather obvious, that the specific Te attitude of these two rubbed her the wrong way. Ne didn't. I believe she is provided with Ne from her mother and I think Rory stabilizes her mother, providing her with Si, like Luke does.

Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 07-13-2016 at 10:20 AM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Luke and Lorelai duality in terms of SLI and IEE. Luke is not wearing his (brand of) socks...
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post

Luke and Lorelai duality in terms of SLI and IEE. Luke is not wearing his (brand of) socks...
    This is like the only thing people agree, that these two are a SLI-IEE "dyad"

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Terrible show - all that quick convulted talking and kawainess *barf* Lorelai is IEE, Luke SLI and Rory EII (?)

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hhhhhate this show. once i had a roommate who watched it and other similar shows constantly. (sorry, if one can't use socionics without getting dreadfully confused, all one can do is troll.)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lmao @ the parody making fun of Rory (I think that's her name? Who cares anyway...) and how she did like a load of laundry almost every scene. I never watched the show much but I do remember that and how television without pity poked fun of her for it. It was like so in your face 'see, young adults can be responsible and Mary Sue-ish like Rory too' or something and it was sooo corny and over the top I just laughed. It's like... even more hilarious, you could like glue the laundry basket to her hands during a scene where no matter what she does she can't let go of it or something hahahahahahahaha.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am currently nearly finished up with Season 2.

Rory Gilmore: EII
    Lane Kim: ESE
    Richard Gilmore: LIE
    Emily Gilmore: LSI
    Dean Forester: LSE
    Jess Mariano: SLE
    Paris Gellar: LIE

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lorelai gilmore - IEE
    rory gilmore - EII

luke danes - SLI
    christopher hayden - SLE
    max medina - ILI?

sookie james - alpha SF, leaning SEI
    lane kin - IEE?
    paris geller - LIE

kirk gleason - ILE
    michel gerard - xLI
    miss patty - ESE (i love her)
    taylor doose - LSE

jess mariano - alpha NT, leaning LII
    dean forester - delta ST, leaning LSE
    logan huntzberger - ILE

richard gilmore - LxE
    emily gilmore - xSI
    jason stiles - ILE

i briefly considered LII for rory but her relationship with logan makes me think otherwise. she attempted an open relationship with him but it wasn't long before she broke down crying in the bathroom (which made me cry, too) because she couldn't handle being in a relationship that wasn't exclusive, but i guess that could be indicative of any rational type. it just stuck out to me as particularly Fi. (i may or may not edit these typings at a later point in time)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lorilai is IEE
    Rory is EII

They are mirrors of each other with similar problems and solutions.

Emily Gilmore is LSE who had a activator daughter that drives her nuts.
    Richard Gilmore is LII.
    Luke is Lorilai's SLI dual. Note how after 10 years they still never "land" with each other?

The rest are compatible-incompatible intertypes to Rory and Lorilai both of them. Being forced to watch this show as I am hanging out with IEEs these days. Not my type of show, but there is no choice.

The show has virtually no Se characters.

If anyone wants to know how Ne + Fi characters "work", then check out Gilmore Girls.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like this show, for the most part. I agree that Rory and Lorelai are EII and IEE mirrors. Lorelai is super funny. I remember feeling a bit disappointed that Rory didn’t try to teach her grand parents to be less snobby. I wish she had done a little bit. I’m re-watching atm and it’s rather funny and sweet, the family bickering is presented in a lighthearted yet realistic and meaningful way, and reminds me that every family/friendship has its ups and downs and it’s ok to argue sometimes even if it’s awful, things move on.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 07-31-2021 at 11:27 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's sooooo Delta. /looks at his past messages.

Yeah I pretty much feel the same way about it now as I did then. Way too Ne/Si for me and too much Fi..... not enough Se at all. Soooo Delta-ish.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    It's sooooo Delta. /looks at his past messages.

Yeah I pretty much feel the same way about it now as I did then. Way too Ne/Si for me and too much Fi..... not enough Se at all. Soooo Delta-ish.
    Lol it is Delta-ish..it's also just super girly though I did watch too much yday..the si sucks me in...I'm a true addict to tv :s

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol it is Delta-ish..it's also just super girly though
    Yeah lol I definitely have girl-ish traits but it was too girly even for me...