Thread: Guy 1

TIM
    some sort of N type?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Guy 1

This is a man I mentioned on another thread. I would like to know his type. I think he’s Ne, but I’m not sure.

He is overall friendly, rather nice person. Sucks at personal hygiene, his house is a mess and unclean. Very immature, annoys people. Wants others approval towards his work. Overdoes everything; like for a project will do much much more than is necessary to the point of wasting time and resources. Kinda hypocrite, will talk shit to people to their faces but will not take shit. Plays tough boy when pissed and threatens to punch people. Cannot think ahead, makes things up as he goes. Very good with mechanics. Doesn’t understand what an annoyed expression looks like. Teases people by pocking their side, or pulling their hair, or calling a name in a small voice and pretending he didn’t do it.

I’ll write more if necessary.
    "We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us."
    -Charles Bukowski

"Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost."
    -unknown

TIM
    some sort of N type?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m probably gonna see this guy tomorrow, so I’ll be particularly observant of his behavior to give better info on here...
    "We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us."
    -Charles Bukowski

"Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost."
    -unknown

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm leaning towards SLE for this guy. ILE is also possible but somewhat less likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron View Post
    This is a man I mentioned on another thread. I would like to know his type. I think he’s Ne, but I’m not sure.

He is overall friendly, rather nice person.
    Inconclusive in itself.

Sucks at personal hygiene, his house is a mess and unclean.
    Sounds like weak . ILEs have weak, dual seeking .

SLEs have strong but its not a valued function of theirs and they tend to ignore it in favor of .

Do you think his neglect of personal hygiene and having a messy house is more the case that he truly has difficulty with this sort of thing or is it more the case that he is able to do this just fine but chooses not to?

Very immature, annoys people. Wants others approval towards his work.
    I sense hidden agenda here, something both SLE and ILEs share.

Overdoes everything; like for a project will do much much more than is necessary to the point of wasting time and resources.
    I think this points more towards SLE. SLEs with base are resolute types. They are naturally in a state of mobilization and can have trouble relaxing.

Furthermore, their is weak and is their dual seeking function. In the wikisocion description it mentions:

The SLE is impulsive, but at the same time quite conscious of the need to keep his impulsivity in check. He thus appreciates people who are confident in their ability to predict where present trends are leading and to pinpoint when to initiate action and when to refrain from it.

Cannot think ahead, makes things up as he goes.
    Sounds like weak . SLEs have weak, dual seeking .

If he's ILE, he would have strong but ignoring which is possible. The fact that you said cannot think ahead as opposed to prefers not to think ahead makes me think the former is more likely.

Very good with mechanics.
    ST > NT

Doesn’t understand what an annoyed expression looks like. Teases people by pocking their side, or pulling their hair, or calling a name in a small voice and pretending he didn’t do it.
    Weak
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    some sort of N type?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    I'm leaning towards SLE for this guy. ILE is also possible but somewhat less likely.
    SLE... I would have never typed him that. But I know nothing.

He is overall friendly, rather nice person.
    Inconclusive in itself.
    Yea, what I mean is he’s outgoing, knows everybody and talks to everybody, not intrusive though. He helps explain stuff, he’s rather good explaining. Ti?

Sucks at personal hygiene, his house is a mess and unclean.
    Sounds like weak . ILEs have weak, dual seeking .

SLEs have strong but its not a valued function of theirs and they tend to ignore it in favor of .

Do you think his neglect of personal hygiene and having a messy house is more the case that he truly has difficulty with this sort of thing or is it more the case that he is able to do this just fine but chooses not to?
    I’m not sure if he has difficulty in this, but I was thinking maybe it has more to do with upbringing. I mean I’m very messy, but I make an effort to be at least somewhat decent in public. I don’t know, maybe he was never told not to do certain things, or maybe he sucks real bad at Si.

Very immature, annoys people. Wants others approval towards his work.
    I sense hidden agenda here, something both SLE and ILEs share.
    I can see a Fe HA for him.

Overdoes everything; like for a project will do much much more than is necessary to the point of wasting time and resources.
    I think this points more towards SLE. SLEs with base are resolute types. They are naturally in a state of mobilization and can have trouble relaxing.

Furthermore, their is weak and is their dual seeking function. In the wikisocion description it mentions:

The SLE is impulsive, but at the same time quite conscious of the need to keep his impulsivity in check. He thus appreciates people who are confident in their ability to predict where present trends are leading and to pinpoint when to initiate action and when to refrain from it.
    Interesting.

However, I’m not sure he’s good with Se.

My perhaps faulty view of Se dom is of being of strong character, among other things. And he doesn’t really have that “self-confident energy” to him. He’s a bit of a pussy in that he’ll talk-the-talk but not walk-the-walk. Kinda like a dog that will bark, but not bite you. He comes across (at least to me) as a bit harmless.

And about overdoing, he tends to do so “intellectually” also. Like if we’re taking notes, he’ll write down every single thing that’s being said. When writing a report he will practically write an ode describing every detail even when told not to. He seems to have difficulty summarizing only the important aspects. Also, when someone tells him that something he said is wrong, he has this expression of shock and confusion and quickly looks to his notes. Kind of interesting to watch.

Cannot think ahead, makes things up as he goes.
    Sounds like weak . SLEs have weak, dual seeking .

If he's ILE, he would have strong but ignoring which is possible. The fact that you said cannot think ahead as opposed to prefers not to think ahead makes me think the former is more likely.
    Yea, he said so himself. “don’t pressure me! This is how I work, I make it up as I go!” or something like that.

Doesn’t understand what an annoyed expression looks like. Teases people by pocking their side, or pulling their hair, or calling a name in a small voice and pretending he didn’t do it.
    Weak

That’s weak Fe?
    -Charles Bukowski

-unknown