SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I don't want to be ISFp anymore

I'm going to pretend to be ENTp again. ENTps are WAY cooler than ISFps
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank god
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahhhhhhhhhh glorious
    SEE

Creepy-pokeball

You need a new hobby

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: I don't want to be ISFp anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I'm going to pretend to be ENTp again. ENTps are WAY cooler than ISFps
    Traiter!! :wink:
    ISFP, SEI

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Traitor*
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry

I have this thing with having to be strong and clever and unusual... I really liked being ENTp. *sighs*
    SEE

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm sorry

I have this thing with having to be strong and clever and unusual... I really liked being ENTp. *sighs*
    *Kim is breathing in and out slowly* every.type.can.be.strong.and.clever.and.unusual. *Kim sings a mantra or two for the enlightenment of all who have a weird and dangerous view of Socionics and types*

Dammit, people, when will you stop being slaves to type descriptions written by random people who perhaps know one or two members of said type and who are probably Ts and have a skewed perception of F-types like most of you T-types here? One type is not stronger than the other (and if I wanted to go by the stereotypes, ENTps aren't even said to be strong, uhm). One type is not more special, one type is not smarter (I cannot believe even that is still floating around), one type is not prettier, etc.

I think this CONSTANT bullshit is really what has been making me so irritable around these quarters lately....
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*applauds*
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

I'm sorry

You can be that way and ISFp at the same time...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kim, I see your point. At the same time, people sometimes treat you as if you were a clichée [insert type here]. Heck, sometimes we even treat ourselves like that. I've observed that folks who declared themselves to be another type suddenly started to act different, as if saying "I'm an xNTx" frees them to actually develop theories, and saying "I'm ENFp" frees your whackiness, etc. So, in that context, why not be another type for a while? Perhaps it's about saying yes to one's inner ENTPity. You're ENTP for a while, take a deep breath, "wow, that felt good!" and then snuggle up into being an ISFP again. (Not that ISFPs are per definitionem snuggly. I meant "snuggle up" in the sense of "home sweet home").

I was on the slippery slope towards saying ENTPness. Note how I slammed my brakes and skidded to a halt just in time.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim

Dammit, people, when will you stop being slaves to type descriptions written by random people who perhaps know one or two members of said type and who are probably Ts and have a skewed perception of F-types like most of you T-types here? One type is not stronger than the other (and if I wanted to go by the stereotypes, ENTps aren't even said to be strong, uhm). One type is not more special, one type is not smarter (I cannot believe even that is still floating around), one type is not prettier, etc.

I think this CONSTANT bullshit is really what has been making me so irritable around these quarters lately....

Kim, I totally agree, but what you also need to realize is that there's a feeling that goes along with identifying a type that can give confidence in certain areas of stereotypical strength of that type to the person who believes that he/she is it. I think Cat pretty much nailed it, but I felt like it had to be said another way.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    Kim, I see your point. At the same time, people sometimes treat you as if you were a clichée [insert type here]. Heck, sometimes we even treat ourselves like that. I've observed that folks who declared themselves to be another type suddenly started to act different, as if saying "I'm an xNTx" frees them to actually develop theories, and saying "I'm ENFp" frees your whackiness, etc. So, in that context, why not be another type for a while? Perhaps it's about saying yes to one's inner ENTPity. You're ENTP for a while, take a deep breath, "wow, that felt good!" and then snuggle up into being an ISFP again. (Not that ISFPs are per definitionem snuggly. I meant "snuggle up" in the sense of "home sweet home").

I was on the slippery slope towards saying ENTPness. Note how I slammed my brakes and skidded to a halt just in time.

I tried to warn you guys what imaging was =/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah so I'm ENTp again

no, not really
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah so I'm ENTp again

no, not really
    nope
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fine, I'll just be typeless again
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's possible to explore different type modes; different configurations of functions aren't as inaccessible as Model A would make it seem. So, now in your ENTp life, tell us some wild ENTp ideas.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Quote Originally Posted by techtarget.com
    Imaging is the capture, storage, manipulation, and display of images.
    ?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    I think it's possible to explore different type modes; different configurations of functions aren't as inaccessible as Model A would make it seem. So, now in your ENTp life, tell us some wild ENTp ideas.
    I can't explore other type models... because I can't afford so much time or attention to socionics. At the end of the day, I do not fit into any of the 16 types more than say... 75%. This is because of environmental factors primarily, and at the end of the day, it effectively means that I am no longer any of the types for any functional purpose. Whatever type I once was is lost, and it's just as well.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't explore other type models... because I can't afford so much time or attention to socionics. At the end of the day, I do not fit into any of the 16 types more than say... 75%. This is because of environmental factors primarily, and at the end of the day, it effectively means that I am no longer any of the types for any functional purpose. Whatever type I once was is lost, and it's just as well.
    I can identify with that; I feel the same way. What I meant though wasn't exploring other type models (i.e., other theories) but exploring other type modes (i.e., going into various states of mind where you're similar to a different type, even if you're not aware of it).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's impossible to change our information metabolism type. It's build in our brains!!! A type is just a vague description of information processing components the human brain has and how they work. Now, I don't know and I can't say if it's true or not and in what terms it's so or not so, but if something is a part of you physicaly, then it can't change unless you cut it or remove it from your body. If sociotypes describe information metabolism in a human brain, and if a type relates to exact parts of the brain, then it's possible to change the type by removing one of these parts (from your brain by cutting it out).
    For example, several parts of the brain process "smell data", so if you remove one of these parts, your information metabolism changes from ISTP to ENFJ, for example. PPP

What a stupid idea.
    drake
    --Dilemmas are illusions.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Quote Originally Posted by techtarget.com
    Imaging is the capture, storage, manipulation, and display of images.
    ?
    LOL! No. Imaging is a type of social modeling. When you see the word imaging in social sceince then it is referring to what Im talking about.... not the latest function on your digicam lol.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by drake
    It's impossible to change our information metabolism type. It's build in our brains!!! A type is just a vague description of information processing components the human brain has and how they work. Now, I don't know and I can't say if it's true or not and in what terms it's so or not so, but if something is a part of you physicaly, then it can't change unless you cut it or remove it from your body. If sociotypes describe information metabolism in a human brain, and if a type relates to exact parts of the brain, then it's possible to change the type by removing one of these parts (from your brain by cutting it out).
    For example, several parts of the brain process "smell data", so if you remove one of these parts, your information metabolism changes from ISTP to ENFJ, for example. PPP

What a stupid idea.
    It is already psychologically and biologically proven that the brain IS plastic. It changes throughout time and does not always hit a set pattern. This is the flaw of any theory that uses dualism as it's base. Dualism fails to recognize time. It is far too absolute to recognize exterior data.