Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Type poll

Eh, I think i've came to a desision (for DA) on my type, but I thought i'd ask for peoples input incase they've got any thoughts on my type from my posting here.

Thanks.

Creepy-male

SLI, if only because you always seem really at home in Delta (which is pretty much the Judicious coffee lounge (in a good way, not a diminishing way!) of the forums).

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oranges are more than OK.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really not sure but the tone in a lot of your posts makes me a bit uncomfortable, that is you seem to go from making rather courteous comments to antagonistic outbursts, and some laced with a bit of both as if it cancels out the affect of the latter. I'm not quite sure if this is type related or perhaps you have things going on in your life that make you come across as defensive or maybe I'm just being overly sensitive to things, idk

I didn't even really know if I should comment about this or not because I'm worried it will rub you the wrong way which will turn into insults about my character like you did to Logos; but I figured since you created this topic on your own free will you're open to hearing differing opinions
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    I'm really not sure but the tone in a lot of your posts makes me a bit uncomfortable, that is you seem to go from making rather courteous comments to antagonistic outbursts, and some laced with a bit of both as if it cancels out the affect of the latter. I'm not quite sure if this is type related or perhaps you have things going on in your life that make you come across as defensive or maybe I'm just being overly sensitive to things, idk

I didn't even really know if I should comment about this or not because I'm worried it will rub you the wrong way which will turn into insults about my character like you did to Logos; but I figured since you created this topic on your own free will you're open to hearing differing opinions
    We're all entitled to our opinions.

I am curious what you mean by antagonistic outbursts. I suppose you use Logos as an example? I agreed with another poster that he comes across as argumentative/quarrelsome. He then pressed me to explain what I meant some more, which I did do in a courteous manner, and also made suggestions (if I was right) as to what he could do to amend that. I thought it best to explain that was the impression rather than leave it hanging, give some constructive feedback for the future (and he can take out it what he wants).

I do have to agree that I feel the same way to some of your posts as you do to mine, that is that you do seem sort of sensitive and jump the gun quickly, i've also read some of your posts towards for instance Ashton where the impression I get (rightly or wrongly) is that you are ... baiting him? I also find it somewhat curious that you'd say you were worried i'd make an attack on your character (after you did to me)? Kinda makes it weird to say anything!

So I don't see it as insulting Logos's character, not at all. Have nothing against him, everyone should get advice on something if they ask for it, I know I would. No ones perfect. He's obviously an intelligent guy.

Either way whether you're right or wrong i'll try and think about it. Yeah I am a bit offended but I dunno if your reaction to me is type related (or my reaction to you), overall I can't think of anyone in else in Delta who gives me a non-pleasant sensation. Hmmmm. Weird stuff.
    Last edited by Words; 11-17-2010 at 01:45 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    SLI, if only because you always seem really at home in Delta (which is pretty much the Judicious coffee lounge (in a good way, not a diminishing way!) of the forums).
    What a perfect thing to say. Nothing better than being in the coffee lounge. Will keep a seat open for you Gul.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm returning the favour.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    Oranges are more than OK.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    We're all entitled to our opinions.

I am curious what you mean by antagonistic outbursts.

Thank you for wasting my time. Also you aren't EII.

There is something wrong with you when you say socionics is like medical science.

Edit: You're not EII.
    Interesting, are you gay?
    Oh you were a twat before I questioned your type
    Have you ever been laid?
    I asked you to keep your nose out of my conversation with shag. You didn't but somehow thought it was ok to harass me over it.
    I asked Maritsa if she's gay because she was coming out with a bunch of lovely dovey feelings. It's a joke it's not harrassment.
    Patronizing bastard
    Eh, I don't want to derail the thread, but maybe you are interested in it for some reason. To me you come across as rather nit picking and smug, like you already have the answers and you're hear to 'correct' the whoever posts..yet your points don't really seem to lead anywhere. Not trying to offend, no ones perfect, sorry if i'm wrong.

If i'm right, I don't even know if that helps, maybe try to state where you stand more directly, and also post to acknowledge if/when you're wrong (like for instance the recent discussion you had with ananke over statics and dynamics).

Either way i'm sure you're a top bloke and all.

I suppose you use Logos as an example? I agreed with another poster that he comes across as argumentative/quarrelsome. He then pressed me to explain what I meant some more, which I did do in a courteous manner, and also made suggestions (if I was right) as to what he could do to amend that. I thought it best to explain that was the impression rather than leave it hanging, give some constructive feedback for the future (and he can take out it what he wants).
    So I don't see it as insulting Logos's character, not at all. Have nothing against him, everyone should get advice on something if they ask for it, I know I would. No ones perfect. He's obviously an intelligent guy.
    Making comments like; "come across as rather nit picking and smug, like you already have the answers and you're hear to 'correct' the whoever posts..yet your points don't really seem to lead anywhere." this is patronizing, not helpful, and the last part about "yet your points don't really seem to lead anywhere" is an subjective opinion written as truth.

I mean, let's put the shoe on the other foot; if someone said that to you would you see it as helpful?

I do have to agree that I feel the same way to some of your posts as you do to mine, that is that you do seem sort of sensitive and jump the gun quickly, i've also read some of your posts towards for instance Ashton where the impression I get (rightly or wrongly) is that you are ... baiting him? I also find it somewhat curious that you'd say you were worried i'd make an attack on your character (after you did to me)? Kinda makes it weird to say anything!
    This is exactly what I meant
    Last edited by Marie84; 11-18-2010 at 06:25 AM.
    EII INFj

Creepy-male

Marie: Delta's magnet.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84
    Thanks for trudging through my post history It's worth noting that the quotes you pulled came from one conversation, where I was irritated by various things to do with the conversation - it's not a plethora of incidents. It's also worth noting my response the following day:

Quote Originally Posted by Words
    ...... Now, moving on, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to you, Shagbag and Maritsa and anyone else on this thread. I hope you'll find my current response much more satisfactory and i'll try to continue that. To explain somewhat: I get frustrated at times with what I perceive as illogical or unfair responses, so i'll give curt responses, which is my issue. Let us all move on and discuss things as adults and equals.
    And the responses:

Quote Originally Posted by Shagbag The Wizard View Post
    Naturally, apology accepted.

Appreciate the honesty / humility.

Understood.

Maybe keep in mind that EIIs sometimes struggle to explain things in exact technical detail due to weaker Te/Ti. We very seldom are trying to be deliberately rude or dismissive, so apologies if it ever came across that way.

Sounds great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie84
    That was very noble of you Words. I like your posts, for the most part, and hope to continue seeing you contribute to discussions like you did in this post

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew
    I owe you an apology as well. I didn't realize it, I thought I was just generating discussion, but my INFj friend pointed out that I provoked you by saying you didn't get along with Shagbag... I'll try to do better next time to keep my nose out of your business with other users. Then, I was just asking lots of questions like I do, to generate discussion, and to understand other people's viewpoints; but I can see how that can come across as harassment too, especially if I put you on the defensive from the start. So, in one word, sorry.
    Not withstanding your own comment - things were said and it was sorted, people move on. I thought you had going by your post? But you bring it up here again despite that.

Making comments like; "come across as rather nit picking and smug, like you already have the answers and you're hear to 'correct' the whoever posts..yet your points don't really seem to lead anywhere." this is patronizing, not helpful, and the last part about "yet your points don't really seem to lead anywhere" is an subjective opinion written as truth.

I mean, let's put the shoe on the other foot; if someone said that to you would you see it as helpful?
    I think I explained this already, Logos was curious as to why I agreed with another poster, so I explained. Yet you only quote a part of the post, after I explained, I then gave advice on how he could rectify that (and he can take out it what he will) I also finished by saying that i'm sure he's a top bloke and no ones perfect, and he thanked me.

I think we're all here to learn about socionics, no harm in learning how to improve on other factors along the way. Point being with Logos I provided constructive information based on how we came across and the constructive part being particularly how to rectify it.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ananke View Post
    Really? I see him as super-focused on conveying his message as clearly and as neutrally as possible, to make sure everybody understands what he says, without judgement or hidden manipulation, just a "correct" picture of what he sees. He has even picked up on and explained what I have meant, when people have misunderstood me, and I've not cared to explain myself. He seems to want to make productive discussions, imo.

As for type, I don't know. The type that tries to get it "right". I like that type, but it's not a Socionics type. It's just a matter of intellect and health levels. (And if you don't stay here for too long, Words, you'll avoid degeneration.)
    Thanks. I agree I try to make discussions productive. Another example happened (I think yesterday) where SSmall and WorkaholicsAnon didn't quite understand what they were communicating to each other. I explained what SSmall meant, and WA thanked me for it. Anyway it's a small part of why I post (helping others to understand each other)! but yeah I try to make at the very least most of my posts constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton2 View Post
    Some people on this board are just weirdly sheltered or something. I don't get it either. Anyway yeah, agree w/ what you said.

He seems like a pretty nice, easygoing, normal person to me. Not many of those around here. I've no complaints.
    Cool.

Yeah, i've noticed the sheltered thing. And I am for the most part pretty nice and easy going guy. At least this is how my friends would say I normally am.

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    I'm returning the favour.
    Cheers.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for trudging through my post history
    Didn't need to, I had the links saved for reference since the offense occurred in the Delta sub-forum
    I wouldn't have even brought them up but you asked about what I was referring to and thought it would be fair to at least not try to paraphrase, since that just spreads hearsay imo

It's worth noting that the quotes you pulled came from one conversation, where I was irritated by various things to do with the conversation - it's not a plethora of incidents. It's also worth noting my response the following day:
    Not withstanding your own comment - things were said and it was sorted, people move on. I thought you had going by your post? But you bring it up here again despite that.
    I understand, though it still plays a role in possible type consideration. There was also a comment I read that you made not long after that incident which I dug up

You seem to like going around insulting people and at the same time calling them out for their 'behaviour'
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...tml#post711858

If you're curious how I interpret this in Socionics, I think it's valuing, looking beyond the straightforward response onto the possible hidden motivations behind the 'words', like in the above case, it's about seeing the motive for the post rather than seeing it for what it is (i.e. "this is what was said" vs "this is what was meant").

I also see tidbits of trying to control the emotional exchange, like what I mentioned in my first post about how I see you sometimes mix antagonistic remarks with courteous ones like when you told Logo's that you saw him as "nit picking and smug" and than ending the post with saying he's likely a "top bloke", or apologizing right after stating his "points don't go anywhere" it looks like attempting to soften the blows with positive ; in that sense, it disrupts the exchange since we're not getting a clear picture of how Logo's bothered you because you interfered that straightforward message with a transient mood change
    What I mean is, it's an oxymoron, in that you actually feel that so and so is such and such and are not simultaneously sorry for stating so, or you're sorry for stating so and so and so is not such and such; either way, it gets in the way of a clear exchange IMO

I think I explained this already, Logos was curious as to why I agreed with another poster, so I explained. Yet you only quote a part of the post, after I explained, I then gave advice on how he could rectify that (and he can take out it what he will) I also finished by saying that i'm sure he's a top bloke and no ones perfect, and he thanked me.

I think we're all here to learn about socionics, no harm in learning how to improve on other factors along the way. Point being with Logos I provided constructive information based on how we came across and the constructive part being particularly how to rectify it.
    k
    EII INFj

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

He seems to say things like "I don't know, it's just my opinion" or "I could be wrong" in an apparent attempt to soften the blow of his words, while in actual fact, what he appears to be doing is being very forward, knowing that if he is criticised, he can just say that he was "only saying", and then perhaps counter with another series of remarks criticising others for apparently attempting to paint him as less than reasonable.

In my mind, it's a calculated strategy to have his cake and eat it - to appear reasonable and to have his supporters note this on each occasion, and then later reference that when one individual disputes his "reasonableness".

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    He seems to say things like "I don't know, it's just my opinion" or "I could be wrong" in an apparent attempt to soften the blow of his words, while in actual fact, what he appears to be doing is being very forward, knowing that if he is criticised, he can just say that he was "only saying", and then perhaps counter with another series of remarks criticising others for apparently attempting to paint him as less than reasonable.

In my mind, it's a calculated strategy to have his cake and eat it - to appear reasonable and to have his supporters note this on each occasion, and then later reference that when one individual disputes his "reasonableness".
    It's the impression I used to get from Cyclops' posts. What was he, ISTp?
    Last edited by Trevor; 11-19-2010 at 06:02 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post

Oh shut up

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I also see tidbits of trying to control the emotional exchange, like what I mentioned in my first post about how I see you sometimes mix antagonistic remarks with courteous ones like when you told Logo's that you saw him as "nit picking and smug" and than ending the post with saying he's likely a"top bloke", or apologizing right after stating his "points don't go anywhere" it looks like attempting to soften the blows with positive ; in that sense, it disrupts the exchange since we're not getting a clear picture of how Logo's bothered you because you interfered that straightforward message with a transient mood change What I mean is, it's an oxymoron, in that you actually feel that so and so is such and such and are not simultaneously sorry for stating so, or you're sorry for stating so and so and so is not such and such; either way, it gets in the way of a clear exchange IMO

He's a young guy posting on a forum, I take into account he's delicate of the situation. I doubt socionics takes into consideration basic human compassion.