Thread: Foster's home for imaginary friends

Hybrid View

Creepy-male

Default Foster's home for imaginary friends.

For a brief bit of background, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends is set in a universe where imaginary friends are real, physical entities.

The most notable thing about this cartoon is that the imaginary friends (almost*) all come about to help draw out something unique about their kid that is left underdeveloped/subdued, or that is needed to adapt to said kid's circumstances.

*Coco?

For instance, the main character Mac has the spazzball Bloo to draw out a strong moral conscience to make up for the void of not having a father; Officer Whatsherface has the gigantic chicken (no, not in the poultry sense) Eduardo to encourage her to stand up for herself, seeing as how she grew up in a poor neighbourhood with all its associated dangers, etc.

I guess one thing of interest is that the relationships between each child and their imaginary friend are quite wide and varied. Madame Foster is probably her imaginary friend, Mr Herriman's supervisor (ILE-LSI), but Officer Whatsherface and Eduardo are perhaps duals (SLE-IEI (no offence to IEIs, I know you're not chickens like Eduardo)).

Maybe not a whole lot of discussion material, I dunno. Just thought I'd throw this out there. Agree/disagree, liked the show? Didn't? Interesting premise? Psychoanalysis? Analytical psycholysis? Psycholytical Anasasis?

Your thoughts, gogo.

TIM
    some sort of N type?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I like the show. Sometimes I feel a little silly because I’m a bit too old to be watching cartoons. But really... you can never be too old to watch cartoons!

Interesting.
    I suck at typing so I can’t be much help there...
    "We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us."
    -Charles Bukowski

"Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost."
    -unknown

TIM
    some sort of N type?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I’ll give it a go,

Coco: Ej ?
    One armed tall red basketball player, forgot his name: SiFe ?, definitely a 9 on the enneagram imo.
    Mac: NF ?
    Bloo: sensor?
    Frankie: SF? My fave character anyway.
    "We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us."
    -Charles Bukowski

"Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost."
    -unknown

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eduardo = definitely IEI.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    some sort of N type?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eduardo's cute.
    I can see IEI for him.
    -Charles Bukowski

-unknown