View Poll Results: Which nominees are not good representatives of the LSE type?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • William Wallace

12 57.14%
  • George W. Bush

11 52.38%
  • Thomas Edison

7 33.33%
  • John Wayne

10 47.62%
  • Katharine Hepburn

9 42.86%
  • Arnold Schwarzenegger

7 33.33%
  • Sarah Palin

15 71.43%
  • James Bond

15 71.43%
  • Claudia Cregg

8 38.10%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: New Type Reps for LSE -- Round 1

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New Type Reps. for LSE -- Round 1

If you've not done so, please read this thread first.

In this poll, please select all the nominees that you think are not fit to represent the LSE type. This would include nominees that you don't think are LSE, as well as nominees that you agree are LSE, but you don't think are good representatives of the type for one reason or another.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't comment on the other ones (though there were more than a few bad picks there -- but the good ones seem to be being voted for, even if they're not mine, so it's fine), but I have to speak up on this one.

Worst. List. Ever. The only actual LSEs there are my picks.

William Wallace- SEE
    Dubya- ESE
    Edison- Corrupt SLE prick
    John Wayne- SLE
    Kat Hepburn- ESE
    The Governator- SLE
    Palin- Dumbfuck SEE
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I considered Thomas Edison to be SLI.

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I consider him to be a fantastic prick SLE. At least we're agreed to disagree with the OP...

TIM
    IDK
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually this is a great list too!

The only one that's wrong imo is Sarah Palin (and i dont know who William Wallace or Claudia Cregg are).

Another 2 people to add to the LSE list are Allison Sweeney and Jane Seymour. Also Martha Stewart but i guess she is more controversial, considering the SLI thread.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    IDK
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I considered Thomas Edison to be SLI.
    Oh yeah I agree with this actually.

Imagine, a quiet guy tinkering away on his workbench coming up with some of the best inventions of our time. He was a man of few words.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sigourney Weaver, Susan Sarandon and Jeri Ryan

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Oh yeah I agree with this actually.

Imagine, a quiet guy tinkering away on his workbench coming up with some of the best inventions of our time. He was a man of few words.
    Brilliand, my SLI mom, and I discussed him and my mom agreed that his work habits were similar to hers.

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    IDK
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Brilliand, my SLI mom, and I discussed him and my mom agreed that his work habits were similar to hers.
    What in particular?

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Edison didn't actually invent most of his inventions - rather he had people carry out research at his lab.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    Edison didn't actually invent most of his inventions - rather he had people carry out research at his lab.
    Wow his Delta ST typings actually make sense to me now.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My impression was he pretty much scammed other inventors out of patents, actually. Bought them out, etc.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    My impression was he pretty much scammed other inventors out of patents, actually. Bought them out, etc.
    From what I know, both of you are right. But he also managed to form one of the first research centers, he only worked with the best people and made profit from their inventions.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    The Governator- SLE
    You are probably the only forum member that thinks Schwarzenegger is SLE.

TIM
    IDK
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't that the way science works these days, though? There's a principle investigator (PI) who is in charge of a bunch of grad students, post-docs, and staff scientists. The people involved get credit but for historical purposes it's the PI who's responsible and gets named for the discovery really. Which is usually fair because it's the PI who often comes up with the idea or sees enough potential in one of his underlings' ideas to encourage them working on it and allowing his/her grant money to fund it.

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Isn't that the way science works these days, though? There's a principle investigator (PI) who is in charge of a bunch of grad students, post-docs, and staff scientists. The people involved get credit but for historical purposes it's the PI who's responsible and gets named for the discovery really. Which is usually fair because it's the PI who often comes up with the idea or sees enough potential in one of his underlings' ideas to encourage them working on it and allowing his/her grant money to fund it.
    These days, maybe. Edison was perhaps the first in modern history to do so on such a scale. I meant to emphasise that he was a rather restless individual who did not just leisurely work on pet projects - he oversaw many projects, threw money at things, and worked a full day, every day. SLE would indeed be a better type than SLI (although I'm content to go with LSE).

TIM
    IDK
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These days, maybe. Edison was perhaps the first in modern history to do so on such a scale. I meant to emphasise that he was a rather restless individual who did not just leisurely work on pet projects - he oversaw many projects, threw money at things, and worked a full day, every day. SLE would indeed be a better type than SLI (although I'm content to go with LSE).
    My LSE ex-boss was exactly like this. I agree though, an SLI probably wouldn't be like that.