View Poll Results: Which nominees are not good representatives of the ESE type?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bill Cosby

12 50.00%
  • Jackie Chan

6 25.00%
  • Robin Williams

7 29.17%
  • Paris Hilton

12 50.00%
  • Mel Brooks

11 45.83%
  • Helen Mirren

9 37.50%
  • Elizabeth Bennet

11 45.83%
  • Tyra Banks

12 50.00%
  • Britney Spears

15 62.50%
  • Kaylee Frye

10 41.67%
  • Dionysus

12 50.00%
  • Hayden Panettiere

12 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: New Type Reps for ESE -- Round 1

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New Type Reps. for ESE -- Round 1

If you've not done so, please read this thread first.

In this poll, please select all the nominees that you think are not fit to represent the ESE type. This would include nominees that you don't think are ESE, as well as nominees that you agree are ESE, but you don't think are good representatives of the type for one reason or another.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, next time I'll read the poll question... Most times I see a poll like this it would read: Who would you think are good reps. of the ESE type... Why do the opposite? I voted for 4 people who I thought are good reps for it... So when you do count, if you could factor that in that would be cool.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On that note, if possible, -1 for Kaylee Frye.

Name didn't ring a bell the first time through (thus earning my vote); but, thank Google, I remember her and think she'd rep the type pretty well.

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

if you can't remember her, that is probably somewhat weakens the case for having her. I don't know who she is.

Although IMO, substantial historical figures are best even if some people haven't heard of them (they can find out for themselves about such people, and why they should know who they are - for more recent TV celebrities, in such circumstances, I think the case for having them is much weaker).

Creepy-male

Jackie Chan and Robin Williams are neck-and-neck! Hope Mr Williams knows some kung-fu

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's on.

TIM
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I meant to vote on Elizabeth Bennett. For unknown reasons I read her name as Elizabeth Taylor and almost voted no on it for that reason but my problem is I don't know enough about Elizabeth Taylor. But now that I see my critical reading error, I definitely would have included Elizabeth Bennett as not a good "representative" for ESE. Whether or not ESE is a good fit for her character is beside the point, and I'm not really sure that it is.

PS: I don't know who Helen Mirren is; I don't know if Jackie Chan is ESE; I suspect Mel Brooks may not be ESE, but it's possible; I don't know for sure that Hayden Penettiere is ESE, but it really would not surprise me; I doubt Britney Spears or Paris Hilton are ESE and suspect they may be Gamma SFs; Tyra Banks is so not ESE; Dionysus is just insulting. Bill Cosby and Robin Williams might well be ESE. I don't know that I really think any of these people would be an awesome ESE representative and I of course have no suggestions.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EDIT:
    "In this poll, please select all the nominees that you think are not fit"
    I voted representatives *for* sorry, my bad

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    lol, next time I'll read the poll question... Most times I see a poll like this it would read: Who would you think are good reps. of the ESE type... Why do the opposite? I voted for 4 people who I thought are good reps for it... So when you do count, if you could factor that in that would be cool.
    same here
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want everyone to know that I think Krig is a lousy typer and that I wish someone would commandeer this project from him.

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I want everyone to know that I think Krig is a lousy typer and that I wish someone would commandeer this project from him.
    How does my ability to diagnose sociotype have any effect on my ability to take nominations, compile them into polls, and analyze the results?

If you wanted to criticize my ability to administrate something like this, you would have a valid point and I would probably agree with you.
    Quaero Veritas.

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I find your views oppressive and I wish you weren't allowed to have any opinions I disapprove of.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    How does my ability to diagnose sociotype have any effect on my ability to take nominations, compile them into polls, and analyze the results?
    Okay, I disapprove of your not editing poor suggestions.

I think it would be better to use well-known people from socionix's typology section.

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem is there's a buttload of mistyped people there as well, so it doesn't make that much difference.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    IDK
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually imo this is a pretty good list too.

My jury is out on whether Tyra is ESE or EIE, but either way she's certainly Fe-dominant.

Also, Britney Spears is SEI in my mind, but I guess could just as easily be ESE.

And of course i'm still debating EII vs ESE for Bill Cosby as we discussed in the main thread.

ftr, I dont know who the Frye person is. And I dont know enough about dionysus to judge his type.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx