Thread: Quantitative Easing explained

1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quantitative Easing explained

A few comments. They say in the video "who owns the Fed" and the reply is "The Ben Bernanke". The real owners of the US Fed is various Wall Street and international banks - like Rotschild, JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs.

Basically Goldman Sachs owns the US government, they have a long history of controlling the US Treasury. Robert Rubin under Bill Clinton and not the least Hank Paulson GW Bush are examples of Goldman Sachs US Treasury Secretaries. Former Goldman Sachs employees are all over the place pulling strings.

The list of former Goldman Sachs employees holding top positions in the Obama administration includes:

• Mark Patterson, a former Goldman Sachs lobbyist, who is the chief of staff to Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner (himself the former president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York).

• Reuben Jeffery III, former managing partner at Goldman Sachs, who holds the post of undersecretary of state for economic, business, and agricultural affairs.

• Neel Kashkari, former Goldman Sachs vice president, who is the assistant secretary of the treasury for financial stability, responsible for administering the TARP funds.

• Dianna Farrell, former financial analyst at Goldman Sachs, who serves as deputy director of the National Economic Council.

From this article: Larry Summers, Tim Geithner and Wall Street's ownership of government - Glenn Greenwald -

White House officials yesterday released their personal financial disclosure forms, and included in the millions of dollars which top Obama economics adviser Larry Summers made from Wall Street in 2008 is this detail:
    Lawrence H. Summers, one of President Obama's top economic advisers, collected roughly $5.2 million in compensation from hedge fund D.E. Shaw over the past year and was paid more than $2.7 million in speaking fees by several troubled Wall Street firms and other organizations. . . .
    Financial institutions including JP Morgan Chase, Citigroup, Goldman Sachs, Lehman Brothers and Merrill Lynch paid Summers for speaking appearances in 2008. Fees ranged from $45,000 for a Nov. 12 Merrill Lynch appearance to $135,000 for an April 16 visit to Goldman Sachs, according to his disclosure form.
    Last edited by Wittmont; 11-14-2010 at 11:18 AM.

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

If it can't be condensed to a slogan for shouting, or soundbite, then i am simply uninterested. I don't want to examine my politicans choices, just tell me to say "He's a flip flopper," and i will be satisfied.