Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Type me please!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type me please!

Hokay, So, Hey all! I'm not exactly sure what to put here so forgive me if it just goes to rambling.

I'm pretty sure I'm introverted, I mean, I like to do things by myself ie. Playing the violin, reading, sleeping, video games, walking, etc. However that doesn't mean that I dislike sitting in the same room with someone and doing different things. In fact, if its someone I'm close to, I prefer that.

I freaking love Apple Jacks

I'm an english major because I find math to be tedious so I tend to slack off and do poorly, but when I try it's easy stuff.

Oh! Here's something. I'll have a reaction to something, for example a book, and then people will act like I've over reacted or am particularly sensitive to the subject, when really it's just an opinion and something no one really needs to expan upon.

Uhm, I've been told that I'm logical and a realist most of the time, but when it comes to someone I care about I get really emotional. For instance, if someone hurts someone I care about, I don't think "Oh no! Someone hurt my friend!" I think "I'll kill them! Where do they live and how can I kick in their door?!" Of course I could never pull that off. I'd get there, kick in the door and then stand stupidly staring at the person half wondering what I was going to say to them and half impressed that I kicked in a door.

However, books, movies, and music can make me cry in the easiest way, all though I hate crying in front of people because I want don't want them to view me as vunerable or weak.

I'm saving a lot of money to get myself an awesome violin and my roommates make fun of me because I wont spend any money on food because I want the instrument so bad.

When I'm interested in something, I study the heck out of it until theres nothing less because it'll irritate me to the point of where I'll make myself sick with frustration. My friend calls me obsessive because of it. For example, finding my type is distracting me from everything else that I am doing to the point where it almost dominate my life and is very frustrating at the same time.

I think that's all really. If there is anything else you guys need to know, please let me know. :] Thank you!

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol you're cute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, I'm not exactly sure what to say to that except for the fact that it makes me laugh and doesn't help me in any way.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HM!

What typings have you been getting/do you identify with the most?
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp, INTp, INTj. I think. I forgot to add ISFp, but I'm not too sure on that.
    Last edited by PinkCapriccio; 11-12-2010 at 02:27 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few more questions:

1) Do you find that you often have low energy? Like, you can do maybe one or two "big outings" every day and that any more than that leaves you drained?

2) Do you tend to procrastinate a lot? Do you find that you often have a tough time putting real effort in to your work until its due very, very soon?

3) Do you make a lot of concrete plans for what you will do in the future or do you mostly just "wing it?"
    4w5 sp/sx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. I can have high energy, but if I really can't do parties. I have a strict bed time schedule. Go to bed early (before the partying starts) and then get up early. My roommates are all extroverted so they all think I'm weird. That's not answering the question. I have high energy until I hang out with a group of more than 6 people. Then I extend all of my energies to try and please them and just get angry.

2. I do procrastinate a lot. However, I don't wait until the very very last second. More like the night before at 9 ish.

3. a mixture of both.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You remind me of an IEE I know.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PC
    I'm an English major because I find math to be tedious...
    Any ideas of what you'd like to do with your major after graduation?

Sky's the limit.

When I'm interested in something, I study the heck out of it until theres nothing less because it'll irritate me...
    When (and how) do you decide there's nothing left of something?

I have strict bed time schedule. Go to bed early and then get up early.
    Just a habit, or for some other reason(s)?

I freaking love Apple Jacks.
    So do I.

What do love about Apple Jacks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elementary school teacher. You need a teachable major to go into education, and I dislike any of the other teachable majors. Actually, I wanted to be a music major, but my parents wouldn't fund that.

I decide when I'm done studying for something when it bores me or when I'm fully satisfied.

habit, and the morning is the only time where the rest of the house is sleeping. I really like the peace that is in the house at that time.

Apple jacks are yummy and they taste splendiforous!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What specifically do you not like about the other teachable fields?

And do you feel you could relate well to children? Do you feel comfortable interacting with them? What are your thoughts on teaching teenagers?
    4w5 sp/sx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not that I don't dislike them, but I'm not very good at them. I wouldn't be able to keep up in school let alone teach them to children.

I can relate to children. It's funny. I'm either more comfortable with people who are way younger than me or way older. I think this is because I'm an only child.

My whole reasons for teaching elementary school are because child minds are the most impressionable. You see I want to change the world and I figure if I can set ideals (respect for example) into thier minds, then those children will in turn affect thier circles of friends who will affect other circles and so on and so forth.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HM!

I'd say ILI.

I may be wrong, and I'm not 100% sure you're Ip temperament, but that seems more likely than Ij, so I think you can safely discard INTj.
    4w5 sp/sx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for temperment, and this might be completely different from how you mean it, but I get angry really really fast (I'd rather be angry then sad), and then cool down just as quickly. :\ If that helps at all.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Temperament describes more, like... your general energy level and forward looking-ness.

IP temperament - Wikisocion
    Ip temperament is the very laid back, low energy, procrastination-inclined temperament. They can get a lot done in a very short amount of time and are master improvisers, but they require time to recharge in between bursts of energy and generally are pretty indifferent to long-term planning.

IJ temperament - Wikisocion

Ij temperament is the careful, methodical temperament. They greatly enjoy having stability and security in their lives and so are inclined to set long-term goals to achieve that stability. They set goals and work slowly and meticulously to achieve them. However they experience greater than usual frustration and anxiety in situations where the outcome is uncertain and, thus, their security is in jeopardy.
    4w5 sp/sx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a mixture of both. I mean, I wait, but I don't wait until the last last minute. And then I don't really work sporadically, but when I don't know the outcome of things it does make me incredibly nervous. *sigh* I also set goals and work towards them but they're sort of rare. Like Violin. I practice every day for an hour or so in order to ensure that i'll be able to join the orchestra here at school. However, for things like papers, I just don't get around to them until the night before. But even then I work out how i'm going to do them before just sitting down and writing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure you're Ip temperament. Three of the four types you listed are Ip temperament after all.

"Goals" is a bad word. "Plans" fits better. Ijs are more likely to make lots of long term plans and stick to them while Ips tend to just focus on what they want to do right now. Practicing Violin every day has two long term goals inherent in it (getting in the orchestra and more broadly, being good at violin), but I don't really think that's something you plan for, more just something that has become a regular fixture in your life.

Additionally, writing papers at nine the night before their due and spending time thinking about how you're going to compose them is definitely Ip, or at least how I interpret Ip. An Ip may think about how he's going to do something, but he won't actually do that thing until he wants (or absolutely needs to).
    4w5 sp/sx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Sir knight. You're probably right. (ha, I rhymed!)

@Axel: It took me a while to figure out how I was going to respond to your giant text, so here it goes.

I'm glad you see me as someone that you'd want to hang out with. I shy away from crowds and meeting new people so it's always comforting to hear that.

I see what you mean with introverts and extraverts. I'm still pretty sure I'm introverted because I take in information from the outside world and process it internally. Often times, I'll be with friends and they'll say something and I'll go off in a tagent in my mind and completely miss the next things that they say, and then to clarify something i'll ask a question that seemingly pertains to nothing leaving my friends very confused.

On a more humorous note, I feel like your proclamation of a person not being able to be accurately typed on the internet just shut this whole thread down.

Anything else?

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've written a disproportionately long reply considering how little you've posted so far, but reconsidering, it can be practically condensed into: how you write clashes so badly with Ip and especially Te-creative that I can't help commenting that ILI is about the last type I'd suggest for you. My entirely unreliable online impression of you is that "next - next - next - next - ..." feeling I get from Eps. Try that or at least Fe-creative, seriously. Though you don't seem the least bit socionically introverted to me.

I wonder when SEEs will start getting typed as ILIs here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing is, I appear introverted at first, but then, I'm told, once people get to know me and I've warmed up to them, I'm really extraverted. However, I don't waste my time with people who are boring, or people I don't respect, which sometimes limits my friend choices. I guess that makes me appear introverted?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    lol you're cute.
    This. And yes, it's just as unhelpful the second time.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sor glad you all think I'm cute! However, it still doesn't help me. haha!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PinkCapriccio
    I'm so glad you all think I'm cute! However, it still doesn't help me. haha!
    Maybe it could, though.

How do you want people to think of you, to perceive you?

What do you most want people to notice and remember about you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those are good questions. I think I'd want people to percieve me as interesting and a leader, though a lot of people have an urge to protect me and think of me as cute.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Being introverted doesn't mean you like to be by yourself. You can be by yourself, be anti-social and enjoy what you love to do and be either an introvert or an extravert; extraverts derive satisfaction from objective, outside themselves things. Introverts create them in their mind; all people have both functions; the creative function falls at the mercy of the base.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is so confusing. Now I have to go research and study and converse with close friends, engage in all types of phillosophical conversation and then come to a conclusion. I'll let you know once I emerge victorious. :]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Socionics can have quite a bit to grasp at first. You may have to "try on" a couple of types before you finally find the one that fits the best.

So, uh, welcome to Socio-Boutique. Is there anything you'd like to try on first?
    4w5 sp/sx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not exactly sure. I read a few descriptions and ILI seems to robotic for me. SEE is almost too hedonistic. What about ESI? What do you think of that?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm... I'd urge to look more at functions and suss out which type you are based upon them. Type profiles tend to tell you a lot and, at the same time, nothing at all. No one is going to fit perfectly into any profile box.

ILI's, for instance, are usually described as "kind" and "goofy" and "fun" but, in my understanding, they default to super-polite robot mode when they're around people they don't know and are intimidated by. But, then, there's still a huge amount of variation in ILI's and no one is going to fit perfectly into that box.

Perhaps, as an experiment, do you think you could post the eight functions and your personal definitions of them? That might be a productive exercise towards helping you figure out which functions you prefer.
    4w5 sp/sx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably. Can you give me the 8 functions so I know what I'm researching exactly?

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

IEE / ENFp
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

I said IEE because of the "facts" Pink wrote. However, I get a SEI vibe. He reminds me of Gulanzon/Brian when the latter arrived here.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm actually a she. Can I have examples for your reasonings?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, "functions" is the wrong word for it. I meant "Information elements."

Information elements - Wikisocion

Also, you may wish to study Model A, since that's the system used to organize those information elements into a person's type.

Model A - Wikisocion

Oh, and, silly me. I assumed that since you so strongly identified as an introvert that you were probably an introvert. I'd still say that you're probably irrational, but you may want to, for the sake of it, check out Ej and Ep temperaments as well and see if those fit you better than Ip and Ij:

EP temperament - Wikisocion

EJ temperament - Wikisocion

Happy researching!
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by PinkCapriccio View Post
    I'm still pretty sure I'm introverted because I take in information from the outside world and process it internally.
    This sounds more like Fi

meh ,you sound IEI meets early Dolphin who currently goes unter Fi-SEE.But would a Se ego deny food to buy a violin? Whatevs,overall a bit Se seeking.

are you a boy or a girl?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a girl.

As for for-going food, I like to think that food is the love of my life, but often times, if I'm doing something I'm really into, I'll skip a meal or just not eat because of what I'm doing is important. Unless what I'm doing requires that I have eaten (like playing the violin). However, I wont spend money on food when I can spend it on a violin. :]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, It actually looks like EP temperment is better suited for me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah! This is good! Well, that narrows it down to IEE, ILE, SLE, and SEE...

Any inklings as to which information elements you prefer?
    4w5 sp/sx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not yet. I have to rest my brain. Tomorrow I think I'll do an extensive reading. :]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay! I think I've figured it out, do you want me to give you the element that I think and an example, or what?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast