Thread: Type these tech people

Nothing in the cage of my ribcage
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type these tech people

Steve Ballmer, CEO of Microsoft.

This guy is totally crazy... He seems strong in Te and EJ, as is Microsoft as a corporation. You know that most EJs are crazy. Maybe he is either ESTj or ENFj, but it's just a guess. I don't know.

My typing: ESTj or ENFj

Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft.

He seems strong in Te as he is very business focused. Being the ex-CEO of one of the most successful companies in the world, he is a ruthless businessman, or as I am told. He could be a Gamma NT. But currently, he is focused on philanthropy and he is urging all the other rich people to donate their money like he has done. He has started his own charity foundation, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. He seems genuinely interested in bettering the lives of the poorer and less fortunate people, although probably more in an economic sense. Is that NF, or is it not type related? For that reason, I could actually see INFj since he seems "boring" and has this dorky monotonous tone. He and his corporation seems to value Te.

My typing: INTP or INXj

Steve Jobs, co-founder and CEO of Apple.

His philosophy is focused on the user-experience, simplicity, minimalism, elegance, and superior-quality which are all quite the opposite of Te, except for the superior-quality of course (I think that is rather Aristocratic). He is particularly focused on getting rid of all the unnecessary options and "getting rid of the crappy stuff". He is a minimalist. He was said to be inspired by companies like Sony, with their philosophy of superior-quality and efficiency, and that he "wanted to be more like Sony". Of course, Apple is more focused on software than hardware, which is a stark contrast to Sony. He seems to rule over his company with an iron fist as if he was a communist dictator, and his company has a very loyal fan-base whom are often criticized as being like cultists of Apple. He is, for whatever the reason, incredibly arrogant and elitist. He criticizes other PC makers for being "boring and unimaginative". He seems to think more like an artist than an engineer. He is an incredible marketer and a "people-person". He can seamlessly manipulate and influence the opinion of the masses with his speech. He can probably sell ice to the eskimos. He comes across as being more agile than rigid. He comes across as being more introverted than extroverted. He comes across as being foppish, minimalistic and stylish.

My typing: Beta NF, IEI and not EIE

As a Beta... I HATE Apple and I can't stand Steve Jobs' control-freak ways. Android & PC FTW.

Linus Torvalds, creator of Linux.

He has specifically pointed out that he does not work on Linux for neither profit nor fame, but simply "just for fun". He also says that he is "still clueless" about business and it does not interest him very much. They are all indicative of weak and/or unvalued Te. His "self-indulgent" approach of doing it "just for fun" and for pleasure, and not particularly for fame or fortune, also seems more in line of IP.

My typing: IXFp

Eric Scmidt, CEO of Google

Like Steve Jobs, his focus is in the user, the user-experience and disruptive innovation. Also like Steve Jobs, he likes to talk about how current and future technology can affect humanity (positively) in the future. He also likes to talk vaguely about what kind of technology we can expect in the future based on the current projection of the present technology trends. His philosophy, which is in line with Google's, is "focus on the user first and the revenue will follow" which I think is rather Fe than Te, especially Creative Fe, since Creative Fe is about creating something that they think hopefully people will like, and which are not purely focused on profits.

He and Steve Jobs are a stark contrast to someone like Steve Ballmer. Unlike Steve Ballmer, they come across as being somewhat foppish.

My typing: IEI

Restricted user
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ballmer: Ti-ESTp
    Gates: Ti-ENTp
    Jobs: Fe-ENFj
    Torvalds: Ne-ENTp
    Schmidt: ISTp probably.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton2 View Post
    Ballmer: Ti-ESTp
    Conflictor noted, lol.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I saw tech people, I immediately assumed that this was an actor asking for types of stage hands, stage managers, etc.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    Robot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve Ballmer - ENTj
    Steve Jobs - ENFj
    Bill Gates - INTj
    Linus Torvalds - INFj (Not 100% sure because of camera angles)
    Eric Schmidt - ENTj
    /