Thread: what does sx/sp instinct stacking mean?

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default what does sx/sp instinct stacking mean?

Sorry, I'm new to Enneagram. I'm seeing this a lot, and have no idea what it means! So, simple definitions of sx, sp, so, etc? Thanks.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. Thanks
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol what's with all the sx/sp threads recently? It's like everybody wants to be sx/sp now.

I like to think of the instincts as means by which energy is distributed: sexual instinct is like "energy concentration", social instinct is an "energy radiation," and self-preservation instinct is like an "energy diffusion". Energy concentration/Sx is like taking a sum of energy and concentrating it on one point. Energy radiation/So is like taking energy and spreading it out evenly across a field. Energy diffusion/Sp is like draining the energy out of the stimulus.

That said, Sx/Sp is a favoring of this energy "concentration", with a secondary use of energy "diffusion" and a very weak implementation of energy "radiation". People who are Sx first feel a need to take their energy and focus its intensity into a single beam, which is then focused on the item of the person's choosing . This focus can easily be on a prospective love interest, but it can just as easily go into anything else. What can happen with Sx/Sp people is that if they become too complacent and indulge themselves too long in Sp, they begin to hold back their energy, causing the intensity to build and build with no outlet for releasing the energy. This is where internal conflict builds up: there's often a conflicted desire to withhold one's energy and unleash it at the same time. This is why sx/sp is so often said to be the most "self-conflicted" stacking.
    Last edited by Galen; 11-13-2010 at 01:55 AM.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    lol what's with all the sx/sp threads recently? It's like everybody wants to be sx/sp now.

I like to think of the instincts as means by which energy is distributed: sexual instinct is like "energy concentration", social instinct is an "energy radiation," and self-preservation instinct is like an "energy diffusion". Energy concentration/Sx is like taking a sum of energy and concentrating it on one point. Energy radiation/So is like taking energy and spreading it out evenly across a field. Energy diffusion/Sp is like draining the energy out of the stimulus.

That said, Sx/Sp is a favoring of this energy "concentration", with a secondary use of energy "diffusion" and a very weak implementation of energy "radiation". People who are Sx first feel a need to take their energy and focus its intensity into a single beam, which is then focused on the item of the person's choosing . This focus can easily be on a prospective love interest, but it can just as easily go into anything else. What can happen with Sx/Sp people is that if they become too complacent and indulge themselves too long in Sp, they begin to hold back their energy, causing the intensity to build and build with no outlet for releasing the energy. This is where internal conflict builds up: there's often a conflicted desire to withhold one's energy and unleash it at the same time. This is why sx/sp is so often said to be the most "self-conflicted" stacking.
    Not sure how I missed it all this time, but I found this extremely helpful. Thanks!
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Creepy-male

Lol, wow. And all this time I thought it was just being a sexual Nine.

Creepy-male

The sx/sp stacking means

sexual instinct is prioritized the strongest supported by self-preservation
    social instinct is last

Generally this is considered to be the most, moody, stormy, and conflicted instinctual stacking for the following reasons...

• Sexual First Instinct implies strong "penetrating" energy, drawn towards or repulsed by others strongly, this energy is hard to contain and bottle up.
    • Social Last Instinct implies being a bit behind in areas of social networking and therefore disconnected from a strong feeling of community and connection through their social networks
    • Self Preservation Supporting implies their tends to be issues of security mixed in with the intimacy of the sexual first

Basic this stacking aims for merging energy with other people without sacrificing their sense of security and well being (preservation). The cost they run for focusing on this aim is being a little behind in the social instinct.

That's my short take on the subject.

Creepy-male

What's your long take?

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    What's your long take?
    Its sitting in tertiary storage http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compute...rtiary_storage

I don't want to have to fetch it out

Creepy-male

What if you made engine noises and pretended to be a robot arm?

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    What if you made engine noises and pretended to be a robot arm?
    If I was good enough I could go to a dance competition

Creepy-male

Go! GO! LORD OF THE DANCE, BOOGIE ON DOWN AND GO! Like lightning!

Retrieve your dataz from tertiary storage with a robot dance so that we might learn from your thoughts!

And include a video of you doing that