TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default It's come down to this...

ENFp vs. ESTj. In other words...

Ne/Fi Ego and Si/Te Super-Id vs. Te/Si Ego and Fi/Ne Super-Id. Since I'm struggling to come to a definite conclusion one way or the other on those, now I've come to...

Se/Ti Super-Ego and Ni/Fe Id vs. Fe/Ni Super-Ego and Ti/Se Id.

So, throw some questions at me to help me determine...

Am I stronger in Ni and Fe, or in Ti and Se?
    Am I weaker in Se and Ti, or in Fe and Ni?
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After meeting people do you feel like you've been opened up to a whole new world?
    Or after meeting people, do you focus on what was accomplished(or not accomplished)?
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which, if any of these, do you relate to?

1. The main thing, without which I find life unthinkable, is this: the reasonably focused labor, and it must be so organized as to be most comfortable, and that I get for my labor what it's worth in return.

2. To me, the best style of contact with people is restraint and correctness, but I do not always succeed in adhering to it; sometimes I lose my temper.

3. I am not a supporter of risky actions. To me, it is desirable to know previously what it should occur in a day, in another day, week, month; and if a situation is not predicted, I get nervous.
    1. Most interesting and fascinating: to see potential possibilities and promising trends both in the human society and in the sphere of production, and to get people together for the realization of those possibilities.

2. It is not possible for me to go into attack. If someone tries to press me, I will immediately give resistance, perhaps even play reciprocal aggression, although I try not escalate conflicts.

3. In my opinion such concepts, as “plan”, “regulations”, “regime”, “norm”, “subordination from top to bottom”, limit freedom and creativity; therefore I try by all means to avoid anything connected to that.
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You seemed happier about socionics when you called yourself ENFp.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    After meeting people do you feel like you've been opened up to a whole new world?
    Or after meeting people, do you focus on what was accomplished(or not accomplished)?
    To the first question...not particularly. And I can never remember peoples' names, if I even remembered to ask in the first place.

So, probably more yes to the second question, though accomplishing something from the meeting is not necessarily my first priority, it does make me feel good.
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. The main thing, without which I find life unthinkable, is this: the reasonably focused labor, and it must be so organized as to be most comfortable, and that I get for my labor what it's worth in return.

2. To me, the best style of contact with people is restraint and correctness, but I do not always succeed in adhering to it; sometimes I lose my temper.

3. I am not a supporter of risky actions. To me, it is desirable to know previously what it should occur in a day, in another day, week, month; and if a situation is not predicted, I get nervous.
    1=Mostly true, though maybe not to that extreme.

2=TRUE. Except the only people I ever lose my temper around are family.

3=Yes. Mostly. Though only in the big things. Little things, I'm pretty flexible with. Much of my time is unstructured right now, and I feel it's better that way with small children.

1. Most interesting and fascinating: to see potential possibilities and promising trends both in the human society and in the sphere of production, and to get people together for the realization of those possibilities.

2. It is not possible for me to go into attack. If someone tries to press me, I will immediately give resistance, perhaps even play reciprocal aggression, although I try not escalate conflicts.

3. In my opinion such concepts, as “plan”, “regulations”, “regime”, “norm”, “subordination from top to bottom”, limit freedom and creativity; therefore I try by all means to avoid anything connected to that.
    1=I do find that interesting, though I do not necessarily feel the need to act on all the possibilities, and I'm not particularly inclined to get people together.

2=Partially. I do tend to put up a resistance when pressured, though I do not enjoy conflict at all. The term passive-aggressive is probably most applicable to my style of "conflict."

3=Not really. I like to have a plan, and I don't mind sticking to said plan. Though, if I am required to change my plans mid-stream, it doesn't bother me exceedingly; I can be flexible. An extremely detailed plan might bother me, but I appreciate having at least an outline of what needs to be accomplished, and then use my creativity to fill in the holes as I go.
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    You seemed happier about socionics when you called yourself ENFp.
    Maybe...
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTj women are male-ish.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ananke View Post
    - What Reinin dichotomies do you relate to? Why?
    Carefree>Farsighted
    Aristocratic>Democratic
    Negativist>Positivist
    Result>Process
    Yielding=Obstinate (idk which is stronger)
    Tactical>Strategic
    Judicious>Decisive
    Static>Dynamic
    Constructivistslightly>Emotivist (though I can relate a little to the emotivist, too)
    Serious>Merry (though I am not altogether opposed to the Merry way)
    Asking=Declaring (broken down below...)

Askers
    1.tendency to dialogue
    2.much of what an askers says seems more question-like, even statements
    3.always, as the other person talks, affirm the receipt of information with yeah, mhm, etc.
    4.call talk to an audience as a whole very well
    5.starts talking at times expecting someone to get interested and start paying attention
    6.has a tendency to interrupt and feels comfortable pausing half way on the speech and with "questions allowed all the time" way, returning to what was said later if necessary
    7.quite often asks a non-rhetorical question and answers it himself
    8.often just asks questions to fill in time, without serious need to actually find the information asked
    Declarers
    1.tendency to monologue
    2.much of what a declarer says seems more statement-like, even questions
    3.listens attentively and silently to others' speeches to return to a long speech
    4.finds it easier to talk to one person at a time
    5.before starting to talk, first ascertains that attention is grabbed
    6.is very patient in terms of others speeches in terms of letting finish
    7.prefers to finish the speech before letting others talk, likes closure and that their point was conveyed
    8.questions are often either rhetorical or only strictly motivated by serious need for certain information
    D1>A1
    A2=D2 (I've worked hard to develop proper speech in this regard)
    A3>D3
    A4=D4 (I can go either way, it's unimportant)
    D5>A5
    A6>D6
    D7>A7
    A8>D8

- Can you link me to a post/text you have written, that you find typical of you?
    I'll get back to this one.

- What, that others seem to find easy to deal with, causes you frustration? How and why?
    Right now, my biggest frustration is the conflict between my two boys. They are always trying to take each others' toys, and hitting each other, and the youngest is really too young yet to respond to discipline. That, in addition to a lot of other things, I have just had a terribly difficult time adjusting to caring for more than one kid, yet other women (and men) seem to be doing it just fine. I'm thinking maybe the reason for my difficulty might lie in that my chosen parenting style and philosophy is not always in line with my natural tendencies and personality; but, I don't want to change my parenting, as I firmly believe it is what is best for my children. Maybe I want to *think* I am ENFp because it seems like the best fit for what I want to be for my children...fun, flexible, spontaneous, eager to nurture their potential, forgiving of "spilt milk", able to take a step back and let them make their own mistakes to learn from them...But then I struggle because my natural tendency is more inclined towards structure, productivity, resourcefulness, caution...
    Last edited by pianosinger; 11-10-2010 at 01:20 PM.
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    ESTj women are male-ish.
    meaning...?
    My life's work (haha):

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm like 85% sure you're IEE. You sound IEE. You probably just have strongly developed Te-HA, just like many on this forum come off as Ti-egos (I'm thinking primarily of nick/strrrng, who you may not have ever interacted with), when they're actually IEI. In fact, yes, I feel very comfortable with that, maybe IEE-D if you follow DCNH subtypes.

You seem like the sort of person who can put on a no-nonsense, get-it-done face when necessary (probably as a result of business life---ethical creatives often rely on logical HAs to support them in business/school endeavors). But I don't get the sense that the no-nonsense face is the basic mode of processing reality for you.

Bottom line: You have well-developed Ne and Te, but the Ne seems more natural, more at-home, in my observation.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New video blog. Yeah, I think I was right before...I am ENFp.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...mblings-1.html

I will have to look more into DCNH subtypes...

ETA: I have no idea why it says "Steve Jobs' Thinking" above; but if you follow the link, it should take you to my blog video...strange...
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Like most middle-class people you have a lost and ambivalent vibration. Your internal you-ness is that of 'yes' and 'no.' Instead of poor people, which are 'no' and 'no' and rich people who are 'yes' and 'yes', you are middle class so you are internally and purely YES and NO.

This makes you very human and relateable, and also funny, because all humor is derived from YES and NO.

You just don't know yourself and it's bothering you. Like a narcissistic banshee crying out in the night admist a tower that hasn't been visited in 10 years, you yearn for "Somebody Else's Eyes" to cure you of you analyzing yourself. The question isn't whether you are 'Ne' or 'Ni' , it's what do you really want out of this life? Has anybody ever asked you that? What really gets you going and vroom vrooms you into a direction?

After all, when one thinks about things metaphysically and purely, they come to understand that there is no 'destination' or ending point, there is only the journey, so there is only movement or there isn't.

What is going to move you out of the psychological default middle class pattern of YES and NO to, YES and YES and YES and YES. Or even the other way around. By sinking, you'd learn something too.

And I know the answer probably has little to do with what other people are doing. And when you do find that spark, you won't ever need our help or opinion of you ever again. You will realize that it was always irrelevant. And you will be sipping the most expensive champagne with Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus under the verdana cosmic stars.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    1=Mostly true, though maybe not to that extreme.

2=TRUE. Except the only people I ever lose my temper around are family.

3=Yes. Mostly. Though only in the big things. Little things, I'm pretty flexible with. Much of my time is unstructured right now, and I feel it's better that way with small children.

1=I do find that interesting, though I do not necessarily feel the need to act on all the possibilities, and I'm not particularly inclined to get people together.

2=Partially. I do tend to put up a resistance when pressured, though I do not enjoy conflict at all. The term passive-aggressive is probably most applicable to my style of "conflict."

3=Not really. I like to have a plan, and I don't mind sticking to said plan. Though, if I am required to change my plans mid-stream, it doesn't bother me exceedingly; I can be flexible. An extremely detailed plan might bother me, but I appreciate having at least an outline of what needs to be accomplished, and then use my creativity to fill in the holes as I go.
    Those quotes are from http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...nics-test.html
    The first is a preference for LSE, the second was for IEE, but they're very vague and I wouldn't use them as anything conclusive.

fwiw, I'm not entirely sure of your type except that you at least seem to relate to Delta Extroverted, so I guess I wasn't much help here
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

B&D...I think I understood what you were trying to say...Thanks. But, I'm not really as conflicted about myself as I've apparently come across. I mean, I'm happy enough with my life, I'm happy with myself. I know who I am and generally where I'm going, etc. etc.

The only reason I'm really questioning my socionics type right now, is that I want to really make sure I've got it right. After all, I can't hope to be able to type anyone else with any degree of certainty if I'm not even sure about me, yk?

But I appreciate the concern and encouragement
    My life's work (haha):

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    ESTj women are male-ish.
    I haven't noticed that. They can be very feminine. Si ego.