Thread: E-type development, and other questions

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default E-type development, and other questions

Supposedly we're all born with our E-type. What I want to know, however, is when these traits tend to start playing out, and why they might not.

For example, I'm someone who is almost certainly either type 5 or type 9. However, the distinguishing factors haven't applied to me throughout my life. I'm only 20, but I've gone from being an avoidant, head-in-the-sand, happily ever after person to a more or less calm individual (out of disinterest) that tends not to be confrontational but likes to be for a good reason, and is drawn to darker ideas and forms of expression. I'm curious if there's much said about enneatype for kids or whether one should even consider habits before a certain age.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your e-type becomes more apparent as you become more unhealthy. There are circumstance which could put any type into an unhealthy or less healthy state, but for head types they usually suffer from lack of security. Specifcally e5s, usually become unhealthy when they are overwhlemed. When there is too much pressure from external sources they begin to shut down and try harder to understand everything so that they feel like they have more control. Gut types usually become unhealthy when they are angered in some shape or form or if there is imbalance in their life. E9s shut down when there is a lack of harmony in their life. When things aren't running smoothly they try to numb themselves out to their problems.

E9s and e5s are alike in that they are averse to external pressure. The difference is that e9s actually shut down to escape the situation in order to have a more peaceful and tranqual mindset. E5s distance themselves so that they can try to gain a better understanding and have more control over the situation. E9s fear tension because it disturbs their harmony, and e5s fear incompetence because they will lose their security.

The more tension the e9 feels the more the more they have to withdraw to feel at peace and so their type shows. The more unsure the e5 becomes the more they have to withdraw to gain an objective understanding and so their type shows.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    Your e-type becomes more apparent as you become more unhealthy. There are circumstance which could put any type into an unhealthy or less healthy state, but for head types they usually suffer from lack of security. Specifcally e5s, usually become unhealthy when they are overwhlemed. When there is too much pressure from external sources they begin to shut down and try harder to understand everything so that they feel like they have more control. Gut types usually become unhealthy when they are angered in some shape or form or if there is imbalance in their life. E9s shut down when there is a lack of harmony in their life. When things aren't running smoothly they try to numb themselves out to their problems.

E9s and e5s are alike in that they are averse to external pressure. The difference is that e9s actually shut down to escape the situation in order to have a more peaceful and tranqual mindset. E5s distance themselves so that they can try to gain a better understanding and have more control over the situation. E9s fear tension because it disturbs their harmony, and e5s fear incompetence because they will lose their security.

The more tension the e9 feels the more the more they have to withdraw to feel at peace and so their type shows. The more unsure the e5 becomes the more they have to withdraw to gain an objective understanding and so their type shows.
    Ok, thanks. So do you know if this pattern is seen even in children or adolescents?

I suppose I should have been more clear that I was using my own life as an example of what confusion might arise if enneatype isn't defined until a given age.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KazeCraven View Post
    Ok, thanks. So do you know if this pattern is seen even in children or adolescents?

I suppose I should have been more clear that I was using my own life as an example of what confusion might arise if enneatype isn't defined until a given age.
    I couldn't say for sure, but I don't think it matters what age you are.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KazeCraven View Post

The basic patterns of Anger vs Anxiety vs Shame are apparent very early in childhood. Anything beyond that is probably situational until a later age.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor