Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Akhenaten

He was the pharaoh who got rid of the worship of all the many Egyptian deities (at least during his reign), and was the guy who was married to Nefertiti and was probably the father of Tutankhamun.

I had been struck by his facial characteristics before (as depicted in art), but I was watching a documentary for a second time about him, which gave me a very vague feeling about his type...so...

Anyway, EIE was the type I have pencilled in.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ISTp
    Nefrititi is ESTj
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-Korpsey

On what other than phrenological grounds are you making these evaluations? Also, Akhenaten's physiognomy was likely distorted by Marfan's syndrome.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I was going on his visual appearance and probably somewhat influenced by his lifestory (which could be discussed in this thread if anyone has any insights).

Creepy-Korpsey

If I understand correctly his mummy has yet to be conclusively identified, so, Marfan's or no, his actual appearance remains a matter of conjecture. Given his divine as well as regal cultural status there's also no doubt that court artists exaggerated some aspects of his person and downplayed others in order to produce a desired impression.

Pegging the guy's sociotype on a historical basis is pretty iffy, but I'll say for shits and giggles that his brand of grandiosity and egotism points toward EIE or maybe IEE.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

give what i know of him and his decisions, as well as the VI input we have i´d say he was ILE. the egyptian world was not ready for his monotheistic point of view....yet....look at where things eventually went. he made some bold moves for sure....too bad it didn´t work out for him.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

hmhmhm what do we have here :
    1)he got rid of the worship of all the many Egyptian deities (Fi and not so SLI?)
    2)a couple of pics showing some protome of his (kinda delta looking but i think there is a default expression for pharaohs)
    3)he was nef's wife
    lets make em dualz!

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    ISTp
    Nefrititi is ESTj
    No INTp. He doesn't look at the camera.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The statue and reliefs VI as ESI:

I think it's also consistent with his actions as pharoah, because egyptian worship of deities involved some pretty immoral things, including human sacrifice. And he had to be Se-ego to make that change, probably facing a LOT of resistance and disgruntlement.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this sparked my curiosity to read a bit about his character, and from what's available I'm rearing towards EIE

He confined his teaching to an inner circle of courtiers, all of whom remarked on the beauty of his mellifluous voice. In curious contrast to the single mindedness with which he pressed his new belief system, he was frequently irresolute about the outside world and procrastinated constantly in his negotiations with foreign ambassadors.

Sir Flinders Petrie, the first to understand Akhenaten’s historical importance, described him both as the first monotheist and the first individual in history and wrote "a man who was indisputably a genius and who managed to crush the thousand-year-old shell of habits, superstitions and conventions of society and courageously resisted the power of the clergy and other dignitaries".

In the sixth year of his reign, he left Thebes and established a new capital which he called Akhctatcn, 'Horizon of the Disk'. He introduced a new art style and a new cult of the sun disk and changed his name from Amenhotep IV, which means 'Amun is satisfied', to 'Akhenaten', meaning 'It is well with Aten', and later or dered that the name Amun be chiseled out on every tomb, temple and monument on which it appeared throughout all of Egypt, even on his father's monuments. This heresy brought him and his successors down and brought down the 18th Dynasty after its magnificent start.
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    this sparked my curiosity to read a bit about his character, and from what's available I'm rearing towards EIE
    well I'd be interested in knowing what the motives behind his moves were. Why did he feel the need to do away with the egyptian polytheism? Was it to make himself a deity? Or was it because he saw lots of immorality going on? or was it to unify the people of Egypt?

I dont recognize a particular type in what you posted, if anything it seems sort of gamma/delta (he confined discussions to a select group, didn't really want to talk to other political figures). If he were Fe-ego I would think he would crave captivating the masses and not shying away from influencing the neighbors.

I do, however, recognize Se in the quote you posted, Marie. He felt the need to change the current order and had no qualms about getting it done.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Creepy-Korpsey

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    well I'd be interested in knowing what the motives behind his moves were. Why did he feel the need to do away with the egyptian polytheism? Was it to make himself a deity? Or was it because he saw lots of immorality going on? or was it to unify the people of Egypt?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post

I dont recognize a particular type in what you posted, if anything it seems sort of gamma/delta (he confined discussions to a select group, didn't really want to talk to other political figures). If he were Fe-ego I would think he would crave captivating the masses and not shying away from influencing the neighbors.

I do, however, recognize Se in the quote you posted, Marie. He felt the need to change the current order and had no qualms about getting it done.
    yeah I probably should have explained myself but I was tired at the time so blah...

I see that descriptions in the quotes I posted as essentially Beta IE values; pretty much the process of changing the system, causing chaos simply because he believes his new ideologies are the true ones
    It basically falls under something Expat posted;

it seems to me to be a very Beta inclination, to prefer inventing/discovering their own understanding of something, and then find it easy to believe they are right and everyone else is wrong, over starting from the assumption that perhaps a given system is correct, only they themselves haven't studied and understood it properly.
    The problem with this being a Gamma pursuit is that they don't value , and thus don't feel compelled to knock everything down just to build something that has no evidential grounds to work, it's counter productive. In the case of Delta, it'd also be considered unreliable in the Te sense as well as intrusive to enforce personal ideologies on the masses
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired