View Poll Results: Does your erotic attitude correlate?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILI and I prefer

2 33.33%
  • ILI and I prefer

0 0%
  • LII and I prefer

1 16.67%
  • LII and I prefer

3 50.00%

Thread: Erotic attitudes: ILIs and LIIs

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Erotic attitudes: ILIs and LIIs

So I'm still at a loss even though I'm fairly sure I should be ILI. Patrick Bateman in American Psycho seems like LII, or at least MBTI INTJ, In the film he had a very sadistic attitude toward sex, preferring to mix his activities with some violence and narcissism. The problem is that this behavior is implied by ILIs -expected erotic attitude. But I don't know if that was just because he was insane or MBTI INTJ(if that is his type) is ILI.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

i think that Patrick Bateman in American Psycho had a j temperament

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    So I'm still at a loss even though I'm fairly sure I should be ILI. Patrick Bateman in American Psycho seems like LII, or at least MBTI INTJ, In the film he had a very sadistic attitude toward sex, preferring to mix his activities with some violence and narcissism. The problem is that this behavior is implied by ILIs -expected erotic attitude. But I don't know if that was just because he was insane or MBTI INTJ(if that is his type) is ILI.
    Bateman is a psychotic INTJ ESE, most likely. He displayed an Aggressor erotic style, but that was probably because he was bonkers.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He certainly wasn't an INTj. More like ENTj/ENFj or something in that neighborhood.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    He certainly wasn't an INTj. More like ENTj/ENFj or something in that neighborhood.
    Yeah. Bale, being ENFj himself, marks the character.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    I thought ENFj, myself, but he has a very Si-like taste for aesthetics, such as his "perfect billboard"...

I kind of doubt an Si-vulnerable would even notice all that. As such, ESFj is the best fit.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I don't like any of the erotic attitude descriptions. I can't find myself identifying with any of them on the whole, and I feel like they leave much to be desired. I wouldn't hinge any determination of type on the erotic attitudes alone.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. Bale, being ENFj himself, marks the character.
    My sentiments exactly.

I thought ENFj, myself, but he has a very Si-like taste for aesthetics, such as his "perfect billboard"...
    He's a fictional bullshit combination of traits, let's leave it at that.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    I think you're taking the names far too literally, as many people seem to do.

Look at romance styles' description. It implies nothing about violence, sadism, even domination, in fact - "sense of power-play present when interacting with such partners (...) without ever actually "submitting" to them". It's all about the approach to relationships, and it makes sense for each styles' perceiving ego function.

I personally find Victim description from wikisocion (not its name) very good, probably better than for example Gamma quadra's or NT club's.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand the back and forth playing to arouse each other, but yeah I thought that could extend to violence, lol.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor