TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Your avatar

Some questions:

How does your avatar reflect on your sociotype?

My current avatar is a closeup of romanesco broccoli. I chose it because its a naturally occuring fractal. I happen to find fractals beautiful and I think that's reflective of my . The beauty of symmetry and reoccurring patterns.

Do you tend to find one avatar you really like and stick to it? Or are you more inclined to frequently change your avatar?

I frequently change my avatar about once every couple of weeks.

Do you see any type correlations between sticking to an avatar or frequently changing it?

I would say that Ij types are inclined to change it the least and Ep types the most but there are lots of exceptions. I for one, am an Ij who frequently changes my avatar. I do think any correlation is weak though.

Do you think some types are more likely to opt out of having an avatar?

I doubt its strongly type related if it is at all. Too many variables as to why. Some people don't have an avatar because they are too lazy to post one up. Some don't have the technical know how. Some are perfectionistic about finding that one picture that's perfectly expresses who they are. I'm kind of the opposite. I'm more interested in finding pictures I happen to find intriguing or amusing in some way. They aren't necessarily a self-reflection of me although sometimes they are.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol.. stereotype

Do you tend to find one avatar you really like and stick to it? Or are you more inclined to frequently change your avatar?

It depends. My avatar reflects either my mood and how I see myself at the time, but I usually only change it when I'm bored. I picked my current avatar because I was going to a lot of interviews and doing a lot of class presentations that required me to dress formally. I had to go out and buy some ties and such, and the image of a suit and tie appealed to me.

Do you see any type correlations between sticking to an avatar or frequently changing it?

Not especially, no. There are tons of reasons why someone might change their avatar frequently or not at all. I'd imagine there may be some correlation between Ps changing them frequently and Js less frequently.

Nah. People who don't have an avatar either don't care enough to add one or they don't know how, or maybe they didn't like the one they had but didn't want to put a new one up
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Creepy-male

It doesn't. Though normally I pick cute girls or lovely scenery, and these two seem rather SEI don't they?

Also, good on you for knowing about the romanesco broccoli. Most people seem to never have heard of them

Nope. I change it whenever I get an idea that feels good in me head. If it makes me cackle enthusiastically, I do it. This applies to all things in my life.

Nope. and ego perhaps?

No opinion.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rod Serling is almost certainly an Ij type like me. Not really sure which.

Change it a lot, cause they get boring quick.

Ne changes em a lot I guess.

Borling serious types.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a drawing I've made, so it reflects me very much.

I will never change my avatar anymore, never as long as I live, amen. I don't like changing avatars, I like the continuity, and it's easier for people on the forum to remember me.

I don't know. Maybe subtype-related?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy in my current avatar is Si-EJ.

Change them. Not something I'm proud of.

I don't. Not saying there aren't any. I don't recognize them is all.

Silverchris9, BulletsAndDoves and redbaron don't have avatars. They're prominent INFps. Redbaron used to have an avatar if i recall correctly. To answer your question: I don't know.
    -----------------

The leitmotif of every single of my avatars is to show people how cool I am.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

it's a screenshot of the 1993 version of the secret garden, which has been one of my all-time favorite movies ever since i was a kid and i think the themes in the movie are pretty delta NF-ish.

i was changing my avatar around a lot at first but i think i've had this one the longest. i feel sort of settled into it. i'll probably change it eventually, but as long as i'm satisfied with it i'll keep it.

i guess you could draw a j/p correlation, but i don't think its really that telling.

no. what warrior-librarian and azeroffs said.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My avatar is emo.

I change it because pictures are fun. People with old avatars are old.

I see type correlations between different kinds of avatars. I noticed EIIs are big on scenery. LIIs like dark characters. I'm a fan of a number of things. Really in to scenery and imaginative places, and different characters.

No, I don't think anyone doesn't have an avatar. If they don't have an avatar, they're not a real person.

Creepy-male

Poli, you change your self-typing faster than you change your avatar.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have an avatar; I'm keeping my options open Or maybe I'm just lazy, one or the other...
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIIs like dark characters.
    I put villains in my avatar to accentuate my awesome Se.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    Poli, you change your self-typing faster than you change your avatar.
    What's a "self" typing?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah ok, thanks. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I change my avatar almost every time I change my type.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only very rarely have avatars that don't have a person in them.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

My avatar is of my mirror. It's Murray Newton Rothbard.

Depends. Here I usually stick with one for a long time. It kind of goes with the theme. On Socionix, I'm much more inclined to change it more frequently as I find more wacky and absurd things to display.

Negative, it's entirely dictated by my mood and the situation.

No.
    Last edited by Capitalist Pig; 11-04-2010 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Now with the rest of the answers!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My current avatar is a painting of someone whose facial expression could be considered LSE. The colors also look nice together and the overall look is sophistocated.

I changed my avatar once. My old avatar is now my profile picture.

Yes. Sane people keep theirs and unstable people change it. Or polite people keep theirs and chaotic people change theirs.

Maybe. ILIs are more likely to than SEIs.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gay, I have no life, and I play videogames all day, pretending that my life is like them.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My avatar has always been one of two categories, though I doubt that it's necessarily related to sociotype. Either it will be quiet, contemplative, and silhouetted, or it will be some ridiculous Tim and Eric related gif.

I tend to stick to one avatar for extended periods of time.

Not uniformly, but if I had to make a guess, I would say that IPs and EPs would probably be more likely to change avatars more frequently and IJ's and EJ's would be more likely to change avatars less frequently.

I don't think this is type related.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Creepy-bg

it's a fishtank. it's calming.

I change my avatar when the mood strikes me. sometimes it's because I find something that really matches my current mood, sometimes it's because I feel like I've had the old avatar for too long and need a change. when i first posted on this forum, I did homeless people as my avatars and changed them out every few weeks. then I went for funny pics like the chewbacca feeling up Princess Leigha. Lately it's been music I like with the youtube vid avatars, or some interesting flash thing that I can put in there for equal parts wow effect and because it's a cool thing to have as an avatar (examples being the pacman game and the current fish tank).

yes. no. maybe

yes. no. maybe.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

It probably doesn't, really.

I probably change my avatars rather frequently, maybe changing back to old avatars if they appeal to me again.

Not really.

I think once someone has an avatar, they're probably unlikely to go back to not having one. So I would think it would be difficult to tell if some types are significantly more likely to opt out.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My avatar is the Sacred Chao. I'm not sure how it reflects on my sociotype. It reflects on me.

My avatar is all encompassing, I have no need to change it. It's a static symbol of continual change, it fits.

I don't see any.

I don't think that.
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post

No, I don't think anyone doesn't have an avatar. If they don't have an avatar, they're not a real person.

LOL!
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VI?

i have not changed mine yet. i have a hard time picking one out, i mean, what am i going to put? so i just decided to put myself.

not really, it's more of a personal preference

probably not

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm to be honest I'm not really comfortable explaining this, since I'd feel like I'd be pressing my own likes onto an entire type with no substantial evidence to point to anything type related

I generally change it seasonally to go with whatever festivity is near, but on off-time I tend to stick with something that has caught my eye and is generally an image I'd like to look at. But all in all, I rarely feel the need to change it constantly, it's not really all that important to me

I think you're on to something about irrational types tending to change theirs more frequently, on average, compared to rationals

I don't think I've noticed this to be type related. For the most part, the majority of posters I've noticed who're sans-avatar are those that are more "guests" of the forum who are only posting to ask questions and than usually go back into the shadows
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post

it's a fishtank. it's calming.
    update. sometimes I like to flip with an avatar and do the reverse of what it was previously.
    Last edited by bg; 11-08-2010 at 01:16 PM.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it rather reflects on myself. I can't say it's type related in this case, maybe I haven't typed myself correct, who knows? Sometimes I enjoy the idea of blowing things up, not killing innocent people like in the video, but just make some noise and destroy something. BOOOOM!

I'm someone who is definitely influenced by changing interests (they change quite often), but I still tend to stick with my avatar if I really like it. I don't choose them randomly, they always have something to do with me or something I like.

I'm thinking the same as others before, perceiving types may be more inclined to change their avatars than j-types.

No, I don't think so. I prefer people having avatars, because it helps to identify the posts, so I also get one. But I guess that's not type related.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't want to answer any questions. I just wanted to post a large version of my avatar somewhere.

https://scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram...46614016_n.jpg

(via @yoshiyokohama at https://www.instagram.com/p/BSVfSzjgf5h/ )

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ok fine maybe I will.

It's a dirty animal, like me.

This is my third avatar on this forum so far within the nearly 2 years I've been a member. I've also gone avatarless for a bit before.

I think xSE and LSI change the least from what I've observed on this forum and a couple others off the top of my head.

Not sure about this. Maybe introverts, slightly more.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The blue/purple/red color scheme feels very Ni-ish for reasons I can't describe. Otherwise, I dunno, it just seems suitable for my personality. I made it by taking some of my favorite visual motifs and playing around in Photoshop Elements.

I usually stick with the one. Sometimes I've done variations on a theme elsewhere but then I tend to get stuck on one that I really like/get distracted by something shiny for a while and not change it.

No idea, I haven't really been here long enough to notice patterns.

See answer to previous question. Would probably guess logical types.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before it was Kim Gordon from Sonic Youth. I like her singing voice and someone said I look like her. Now it is Kim Kelly from the show Freaks and Geeks. (played by Busy Phillips, i love her acting). She's a SLE CP 6 in the show, my fave characte, a complete psycho bitch. 3 avatars ago It was a picture I took from a youtube video by Michael Pierce, one of his on MBTI ISTP and I loved it, a red and black pic of a girl on a motorcycle smoking a cigarette wearing shades.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I like to imagine myself as an unstoppable beast of chaos and destruction and my avatars reflect that.