TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Too cool for you attitude.

Edited: is this type related and is this devalued Fe/
    I've found this attitude common in the town I'm in...and it seems to me to be a Gamma thing. It's connected with a non-chalant way of doing things .The people are cold and do not register body language and facial expression and do not give off much of their own ...and yes it makes me uncomfortable. This atmosphere pervades an entire section and subculture in the college town I live in.
    Gammas in general seem to naturally give it off and it matches somewhat with the overall mood of ILI's and other gammas. It also matches very well with the description of SLI, but I have little expirience with them.
    The overall mood coincides with the "hipster" culture found here, not all of course but as the integral mood. Hipster in this case is more loosely defined as a subculture found in the town.
    Personally I find the attitude stupid, trite, and unnaturally cold and closeminded.(in my interelations with these people)

from socionics.us
    ILI
    "goofy; don't reveal their inner life; interested in processes; passive relaxedness; ironic attitude "

SLI
    Craftsman

soft blankness; internal independence; hard to impress; not easily excited; emotionally cool

I would add that the overall moods posted on the site do not actualy convey the mood, they convey an mindset attitude and that type descriptions from each type (or at least the Fi/Fe divide or quadra) might be much easier to get for recognition. Perhaps I'll try and work on that.
    Last edited by jughead; 11-04-2010 at 01:15 AM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's stupid and close minded about it? Sounds like it's just a little Fe non-valuing community, and if it's something more I'm not catching on.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that wasn't my question but you seem to be defending yourself already...are you socionics ili?
    Personally I find it stupid because I allow them to be as they are but they do not return the favor and do the same. I cannot communcaite with them and compromise, they want to dictate everything, some which I agree with and other things I do not and they will not listen. It's stupid in expirience perhaps because of the Te/Fi divide or their one way cooperation and isolation from outsiders.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    I've found this attitude common in the town I'm in...and it seems to me to be a Gamma thing. It's connected with a non-chalant way of doing things .The people are cold and do not register body language and facial expression and do not give off much of their own ...and yes it makes me uncomfortable. This atmosphere pervades an entire section and subculture in the college town I live in.
    Gammas in general seem to naturally give it off and it matches somewhat with the overall mood of ILI's and other gammas. It also matches very well with the description of SLI, but I have little expirience with them.
    The overall mood coincides with the "hipster" culture found here, not all of course but as the integral mood. Hipster in this case is more loosely defined as a subculture found in the town.
    Personally I find the attitude stupid, trite, and unnaturally cold and closeminded.(in my interelations with these people)

from socionics.us
    ILI
    "goofy; don't reveal their inner life; interested in processes; passive relaxedness; ironic attitude "

SLI
    Craftsman

soft blankness; internal independence; hard to impress; not easily excited; emotionally cool

I would add that the overall moods posted on the site do not actualy convey the mood, they convey an mindset attitude and that type descriptions from each type (or at least the Fi/Fe divide or quadra) might be much easier to get for recognition. Perhaps I'll try and work on that.
    I'm gonna have to agree with you on the SLI being like this. Or coming across like this anyway from a distance. Probably the Fe-POLR. Though tbh i have not gotten this from ILIs as much i dont think.

Otherwise, I get that sort of attitude from the merry types, in particular betas. I do think it's sort of an Fe-Fi miscommunication in this case.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a difference between between a "too cool" attitude and devalued-Fe. I wouldn't be shocked to see Fe-PoLR interpreted as a too-cool attitude, but in most cases I'd say it's uncharacteristic for Fe-PoLRs to act that way intentionally.

Fe-PoLR are naturally unresponsive to Fe and are made uncomfortable by it while people with a 'too cool' attitude usually recognize your initiative and disregard it in order to put you down or prop themselves up. The latter isn't really type related and certainly isn't related to weak and devalued Fe. Infact, I'd even go as far to say that Fe-egos may be more likely than most types to act that way. Strong conscious awareness over Fe would make that easier to pull off.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see some ExI acting that way if they didn't like you though, but even then, it's not typical behavior. In most cases you would have to do something to piss them off first.

As for the culture, stereotypical hipsters are snobs. That's just the image they're trying to put up. It's not type related, it's just normal human stupidity. I think the "too-cool" attitude unnerves most people.
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 11-04-2010 at 03:26 AM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess being Fe-PoLR you're rather unaware of "behavioral adaptation" or "emotional adaptation" and also "coolness," so to certain people, Fe-PoLRs with opposing stances can come across as "too cool for you" (I guess if you want to put it that way) even though they just wouldn't consider others emotions or hold on to any strong connection, which might deceive you into believing they truly don't like you and want to ignore you. On the contrary, Fi-PoLRs just want to be upfront and tell you how it is and give you the information straight.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

meh i don't think hipster culture has any connection to quadra tbh, perhaps you should just change college. People of the same quadra con be really different depending on which culture they've been brought up in and/or have choosen to "adopt"
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    meh i don't think hipster culture has any connection to quadra tbh, perhaps you should just change college. People of the same quadra con be really different depending on which culture they've been brought up in and/or have choosen to "adopt"
    Actually i agree with this as well.

With the SLI I knew, part of it is his Fe-POLR. But I think having associated with a lot of fraternity types, he's been sort of cultivated and encouraged that this is a good way to behave to make him look "sexy."
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post

from socionics.us
    ILI

SLI
    Craftsman

I agree about Gamma/Delta Thinkers (Fi-valuing thinkers).... I know its very common for engineers to be this type because engineering is based a lot on actual , its very rare to build something perfectly structured and based on theory in a more way, real world engineer tends to focus on practical efficiency and focusing on actual design features and their feasibility. In this way works great for engineers.

Anyways I've been working in a senor project design group and it seems like engineers also have this kind of cold attitude, I'll throw out an idea and I'll just get a long silent cold stare back at me like they are not impressed. It's almost comical how I get stared down for just talking.

I've been with a lot of physics majors also, because my actual major is between physics and aerospace, and much more often you see a more alpha attitude. makes physics majors more excitable and interested in discussing ideas just for the hell of it, especially unique and creative ideas, ...

Finally I've ran across a lot of betas in my time also, I had a couple of friends that are betas also, and they are less interested in mentally masturbating and more interested in experiencing and wondering about life. They are also excitable and fun to be around.

I don't really concur with the "hipster" concept, but I do concur that mainly weak Fe-types (thinking gammas and deltas) can occasionally have this arrogant attitude of "I'm not impressed", which Fe-valuing people can find annoying occasionally.