TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Famous IRL trolls

Jan Helfield: IEI-Fe, 5w4 sx/so (INTP)
    Richard Dawkins: ILE-Ti, 5w6 so/sp (ENTJ)
    Penn Jillette: ILE-Ti, 7w8 sp/sx (ENTP)
    Ralph Nader: IEE-Fi, 1w2 so/sp (ENFJ)
    Michael Moore: IEE-Fi, 1w2 so/sx (ENFJ)
    Glenn Beck: EIE-Fe, 1w2 sp/so (ENFP)
    Rush Limbaugh: EIE-Ni, 3w4 sp/sx (ENTJ)
    Michael Savage: EIE-Ni, 3w4 so/sp (ESTJ)
    Tom Leykis: ESE-Fe, 7w8 sp/sx (ESFP)
    Howard Stern: ESE-Fe, 7w8 sp/sx (ESTP)
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then I would disagree with your concept of trolls because these people serve a purpose, and what is the otherside of the coin? A douche must be trolled. (watch harry reid get interviewed by Jan Helfield)
    Some of your typings seem off.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A troll:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]
    An IRL troll is somebody who does the same thing to people face-to-face. Whether they're useful or not, or whether you like them or not, is not relevant to the definition of trolling, and I for one approve of trolling people who deserve it. Some of these guys (Penn, Dawkins and Helfiend especially) are, in fact, fucking awesome.

What typings do you think are off, and why?
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am unsure about: Stern, Moore, Nader, and
    Jillete.
    Opinions:
    Penn:LSE
    Nader:EII
    Stern and moore ??? Not seen any convincing argument either way.
    The others I am not famiiar with.

I think a problem currently is that the troll is devalued by nature of using the word troll. I would add that I see trolls as having little to no purpose other than to incite these reactions or their own amusement and to no other justified end. (the common perception of the word and the person)

Also I might add Gene Simmons to your list. A SEE or ESE?
    Last edited by jughead; 11-04-2010 at 12:49 AM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

You're missing Bill Maher.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Ann Coulter. And many comedians, especially insult comics, the original trolls.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

And Michael Savage.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bill O'Reilly- LIE
    Christopher Hitchens- ESI
    Ann Coulter- LIE
    Dylan Avery- IEI?
    Fred Phelps- LSI?
    Donald Trump- SLE
    The Amazing Atheist- ILE

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    And Ann Coulter. And many comedians, especially insult comics, the original trolls.
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    And Michael Savage.
    Savage is there.