Thread: Your experience with type relations

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Your experience with type relations

ITT: You describe your relationships with people you think are your identity, mirror, dual, conflict or what have you. I'll start.

Identical: I only know three EIEs so far: Gilly, my own mother, and (I suspect) a fairly hot female friend of mine. I have an awesome relationship with my mom, Gilly I got along with pretty well (although I'm feeling ambivalent towards him; he was a real asshat to a very close friend of mine who also posts here). Me and said friend have a good relationship; though pretty heavy on the flirting on both ends. Nothing's happened yet, but I'm fairly certain it will at some point.

Mirror: My best friend is an IEI (to be precise, he is my exact mirror -- he's an Fe-IEI-ILE, to my Ni-EIE-LII). We have the same interests, and mostly the same off-kilter and non-mainstream political viewpoints, and overal we get along awesomely. I think my high school sweetheart was another IEI.

Kindred: A friend I have from an MBTI (Typology Central) forum is, I believe, ESE. She and I get into minor scuffles all the time, usually over issues of stereotyping (Democratic/Aristocratic rift -- Type Central is annoyingly Democratic, and "stereotyping" is a big deal there), but our shared Fe usually defuses the situation within minutes. Neither of us can really take ourselves seriously. Another of my best friends is also probably my kindred (I think he's ESE-LII). We get along great, although he has an obsession with sports and women that I don't share.

In general Puerto Rican culture is very ESE, and the rampant Si kind of annoys me. I can't find anything in common to talk about with most people, which bugs me (which is why I spend most of my time attention-whoring online).

Activation: Another guy I know from Type Central is SLE. He's one of the few people that appreciate my blunt directness and haughty demeanor in debates (Se Mobilizing coming out there. Forum discussions are just about the only place where I don't pull any punches).

Semi-dual: Hot nerdy friend of mine is LII; a bit older than me. As with my kindred above we have a bit of a Democrat/Aristocrat rift going on (she bitches about stereotypes sometimes, I pretend to go along with it); but otherwise we get along great. She loves my theatrics.

Supervisor: My late grandmother (RIP) was SEI, as is my aunt and a good friend of mine. This chick I had a crush on once was probably SEI as well -- and predictably enough, she had the ability to make me do whatever her little heart desired. Unfortunately she had a boyfriend, so nothing ever came of it.

Beneficiary: I have an SEE friend. She's pretty hot, and she's into me, but I'm keeping my distance because I know nothing good can come of it. She'd likely be a bitchy housewife type, and I don't really like those.

Extinguishment: I know several EIIs from various forums, and pretty much all of them annoy the living shit out of me. Bunch of whiny PC bitches (they usually don't know it though, because I tend to put on an Fi smokescreen when dealing with them -- I guess I just gave myself away, ah well).

And, that's about all I can think of. Anyone got more?
    Last edited by Aleksei; 11-03-2010 at 04:25 PM.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No duals? What a shame.

Identical- LSI. I understand why she works so hard, why she gets annoyed with certain things, etc., She seems slightly intimidating to me. Sometimes conversations are hard to keep going and I feel like its on me to keep the fire alive lol.

Activity- I feel a sense of loyalty with my IEIs. There's this one friend from another city who keeps in touch with me- which I respect a lot. The other one is my brother. He's having some issues back in school and he appreciates it when I watch his back when nobody else does.

Dual- Pretty easy interaction with EIEs. Conversations are all over the place. One second we're making fun of each other, another second I'm counseling her about her boy troubles. She seems to appreciate it a lot. But then she seems to disappear for a while and I'm like where'd you go? lol. Then she reappears and it starts all over again. I haven't experienced anything special yet with male EIEs.

Semi Dual- ESE. A really great guy, he saved me from missing an exam. He's hilarious too, he always speaks his mind and is not afraid to rebel. He likes to go off on these little rants on how the world sucks and stuff, haha.

Extinguishment- LSE Long time friend, but he pisses me off a lot, and I don't think he knows it. I feel like every time, he has to criticize me for something that doesn't seem normal to him, it gets annoying. Overall, good guy though.

Superego- EII- Pretty cool and deep guy. Lets me stay over his house. Conversations feel a little forced at times. He wants me to express my feelings a lot, but it doesn't come off right. Sometimes I feel a little pressured by him, like he expects me to be someone I'm not.

I like to creep on those MBTI forums too- I tried to mack on some ENFJs on there but they seem repulsed by my ISTJ sig, "INFPs are my soul mate! NF connection baby! lolz!!"
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 11-04-2010 at 06:03 AM.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

+=good
    -=bad
    *=boring

Generally speaking...

Identical: *
    Duality +
    Activity +
    Mirror +

Supervisee +
    Beneficiary *
    Illusionary *
    Look alike +

Quasi identical -
    Conflict -
    Superego -
    Contrary -

Supervisor *
    Benefactor -
    Comparative +
    Semi dual +
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    +=good
    -=bad
    *=boring

Generally speaking...

Identical: *
    Duality +
    Activity +
    Mirror +

Supervisee +
    Beneficiary *
    Illusionary *
    Look alike +

Quasi identical -
    Conflict -
    Superego -
    Contrary -

Supervisor *
    Benefactor -
    Comparative +
    Semi dual +
    haha what the heck, you made up your own little system! that is so... Ti
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    haha what the heck, you made up your own little system! that is so... Ti
    And when Clint Eastwood made "The good, the bad and the ugly" he was adding some
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Identical: Not sure if actual identical. If it was then, I enjoyed it very much
    Duality: Nothing like I've ever experienced before
    Activity: Possibly the ideal friendship
    Mirror: Relative ease, good for occasional meet ups

Supervisee: Felt persecuted
    Beneficiary: Feels like you have a role model
    Illusionary: no experience / attraction from far away
    Look alike: Good for life long friendship, discussion is sparse however

Quasi identical: Interesting but hard to get on the same page for long
    Conflict: Instant annoyance, close to hate
    Superego: Unexplainable fascination
    Contrary: Fascination, interesting topics for discussion

Supervisor: No experience
    Benefactor: Boring but there is a confidence boost
    Comparative: Good for friendship, occasionally annoying
    Semi dual: Nothing like I've ever experienced before +1
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Peteronfireee View Post
    I like to creep on those MBTI forums too- I tried to mack on some ENFJs on there but they seem repulsed by my ISTJ sig, "INFPs are my soul mate! NF connection baby! lolz!!"
    Next time look for ENFPs (and particularly rowdy ENTPs). ENFJs in MBTI are, more often than not, IEE or SEE. :wink: I don't "creep" MBTI sites though -- I'm a regular member at TypeC.

I'm a dude, by the way. Sorry.
    Last edited by Aleksei; 11-05-2010 at 01:50 AM.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Supervisee: It's fine. Some of them are fun, some of them are boring, and some of them don't like it when I tell them I'm their supervisor.
    Benefactor: Funny, but generally unapproachable.
    Business: Good to work with as long as one party is not the others' superior. Too much contact can be draining.
    Illusionary: Nice people. Quiet, need a push now and then. Intelligent.

Super-Ego: Admirable, tend to have a noble bearing, good actors, nothing in common.
    Contrast: Respected, trustworthy, and not very friendly.
    Quasi-Identical: They're a pain, especially when male. Females at least know how to disagree without exchanging insults. Fortunately, they don't desire my company any more than I desire theirs.
    Conflict: They're strange. Flighty. Illogical. I can briefly discuss the weather with them or I can drive them up a wall.

Supervisor: They're mysterious and were fascinating until I studied them in-depth. Quite uncommon; I only know two offline. I wouldn't mind working for one; they're good at convincing me.
    Beneficiary: They're basically well-meaning weirdos. I don't mind them. Sometimes I like the way they give attention. They can be fun. Or they can be problematic, such as one who devalued my and started attacking me with .
    Kindred: They're dependable people but have no concept of flavor.
    Semi-Dual: I don't get them.

Identical: Great people. Admirable, dependable, and trustworthy.
    Dual: Nice people. Fun. Make me feel wanted.
    Mirror: Competent and a little quirky. Pleasant company because of shared preferences.
    Activation: Very friendly, quite wierd, and often fun. Sometimes awkward.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supervisee: Interesting how they always go out of their way to socialize with me when it's obvious it does them no good.
    Beneficiary: Am acting tactfully around them. One can never know what's inside their head. Cannot relax fully.
    Business: We get along well.
    Illusionary: We get along well. One of my favorite. I can relax around them.

Super-Ego: We get along relatively well. Mutual respect.
    Contrast: Business only. Quickly say what you have to and go away. On both parts.
    Quasi-Identical: Very interesting bunch of people. Am acting carefully around them, trying not to look stupid. Bold approach seems to totally deliver it for me. Am thinking about them intensively. They have my respect. I don't have theirs it seems, unless acting obstinate.
    Conflict: I know how to communicate with them in spite of socionics. Thank you sis. Thank you Boro.

Supervisor: From close distance everything I try, besides submission, seems to fail utterly. I'm working on finding a way how to overpower them. Cannot relax.
    Benefactor: Formal relationship. Like Contrary. Dead end, basically.
    Kindred: Another type that makes me carefull and tacit.
    Semi-Dual: haha..great.

Identical: Not my stuff.
    Dual: We get along well.
    Mirror: Someone who will back me up when required. Dunno what good do i bring to them, though.
    Activation: We get along well. Dead end, though.

Creepy-Korpsey

Extinguishment: I understood you quite well the first 20 times.
    Super-ego: The arts are great but could you masturbate a little further away?
    Conflict: This party was going great until someone threw a cat tied to a chainsaw through the window.
    Quasi-identity: I condemn your pun to death.
    Supervisee: Sorry, I'm not very interested in fiction. No, I said I don't read fiction.
    Benefactor: Yes, I'm quite aware of what the manual says.
    Semi-duality: Epic pissing contests about nothing.
    Kindred: Mmmmm, dreamy. Oops, sorry I popped your balloon.
    Duality: Yeah, you roll that J, I'll get us another round.
    Identical: Hey, there's a finger-snappin', toe-tappin' dirge!
    Mirror: Go eat off your own plate.
    Activity: This foreplay has to end sometime.
    Supervisor: Thanks for the busywork, bro.
    Beneficiary: Oooooookaaaaaay...
    Mirage: Um, no, you cannot have my "soul".
    Cooperation: No, I'm good. See you tomorrow.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rps3y View Post
    Extinguishment: I understood you quite well the first 20 times.
    Super-ego: The arts are great but could you masturbate a little further away?
    Conflict: This party was going great until someone threw a cat tied to a chainsaw through the window.
    Quasi-identity: I condemn your pun to death.
    Supervisee: Sorry, I'm not very interested in fiction. No, I said I don't read fiction.
    Benefactor: Yes, I'm quite aware of what the manual says.
    Semi-duality: Epic pissing contests about nothing.
    Kindred: Mmmmm, dreamy. Oops, sorry I popped your balloon.
    Duality: Yeah, you roll that J, I'll get us another round.
    Identical: Hey, there's a finger-snappin', toe-tappin' dirge!
    Mirror: Go eat off your own plate.
    Activity: This foreplay has to end sometime.
    Supervisor: Thanks for the busywork, bro.
    Beneficiary: Oooooookaaaaaay...
    Mirage: Um, no, you cannot have my "soul".
    Cooperation: No, I'm good. See you tomorrow.
    these are funny.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Identical - clone
    Dual (EII-LSE) - difference in achievements
    Quasi-Identical (EII-IEI) - difference in problems
    Conflictor (EII-SLE) - difference in standards
    Beneficiary (EII benefits SEI) - difference in comfortability

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure I've met my ILI Identical. We laughed at the same things, felt disillusioned in the same world, had the same undeveloped goals.

He had this theory about being an energy vampire...I'm sure it wasn't far off from the concept of introversion. He also taught me how to play Minesweeper(correctly), so yeah, he's forever thanked.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Identical: Great for emotional support, empathy, shared interests. I strangely feel like I need to protect them sometimes. [Examples: sister, coworkers]
    Mirror: Insightful advice for one another, also very supportive, can talk for hours. [Examples: mother, best friends]
    Activity: Fun, very comfortable, shared happiness [Example: boyfriend of 2 years]
    Dual: More challenging than what most people seem to report, but not in a bad way. We encourage and teach each other to be better people. Mutually fulfilling. [Examples: roommate of 2 years, coworkers, friends]

Semi-dual: I've had "textbook" interactions here. Very fulfilling interactions in most ways, but critical of one another in other ways. [Example: professor with whom I was very close]
    Kindred: I think I've only known one ESI. I admired her hardworking nature and appreciated how much she loved and demonstrated care for those close to her. At other times, I found her very rigid and close-minded, and we had very different outlooks on life. [Example: boyfriend's mother]
    Supervisor: Fun, but they are too flighty for my tastes. We have loving relations, and I don't really feel threatened by them or anything. [Examples: friends]
    Benefactor: I look up to them and feel intimidated by them. [Examples: professors, work constituents, father (but he doesn't count)]

Business: Lurve, lurve, lurve. Love their rationality, sense of humor, and gentleness. They seem to be attracted to me, too. [Examples: boyfriends (plural)]
    Illusionary: I haven't really been close to any, so no comment.
    Beneficiary: They seem soft, loving, have good senses of humor. I usually have a "meh" response to them, though. [Examples: coworkers, fellow students in college]
    Supervisee: Loooove their senses of humor. Generally agree with their opinions. I feel like I'm too "stiff" for them. [Examples: brother, fellow students in college, friends]

Conflict: I've honestly only had bad interactions. I disagree with their outlooks on life and how people should be treated. [Examples: coworkers, friends of friends]
    Quasi-identical: It's like looking in a distorted mirror sometimes and it makes me feel uncomfortable. I appreciate their depth. [Examples: friends of friends]
    Contrary: I have often found them to be mean, neurotic people. (Why do I feel bad for saying this? It's true.) [Examples: professors, friends of friends]
    Super-ego: I generally really like them. Upstanding individuals, principled, and I can have fun conversations with them. [Examples: grandfather, friends]

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Identical: Slight rivalry... Worst in-quadra relation imo.
    Mirror: Very interesting, amiable friends... Like me, but a little less uptight.
    Activity: Great for riffing on ideas together, and planning business endeavors... Great fun for awhile one-on-one; however, after a few hours, we usually run out of things to say.
    Dual: Understanding is heightened; I've been in relationships w/ duals in which we could complete each other's sentences... The problem (a minor one) is that these relationships can be so comfortable as to lead to time cloistered away from the world,with only each other.

Semi-dual: Interesting intellectual conversations. Unfortunately, little sexual spark.
    Kindred: I like ESFjs and they tend to like me... Good for chit-chat--nothing heavy though.
    Supervisor: Basic lack of understanding. The only type that can make me feel two inches tall just by interacting with me, being themselves.
    Benefactor: I enjoy listening to them, but in conversation, I find them unknowable--as though there's a 'front' I can't get through (unless that's all there is to them, which I doubt... That's just all I can reach.)

Business: I find the
    Illusionary: I like ISFjs, my illusionaries, just as much as I like INTjs, my semi-duals.
    Beneficiary: They have good senses of humor.
    Supervisee: I like them, although I sense that they feel like I'm fake.

Conflict: We try to avoid each other... Maybe smile and nod and then move along.
    Quasi-identical: the poster above said that it's like looking in a distorted mirror... One of the most accurate Socionics writings at Socionics.com, I've found to be: "top you, your quasi-identical's writings will seem monsterous," (or something along those lines.
    Contrary: Just boring.
    Super-ego: Not much contact with them, although I don't seem to mind them as much as the other deltas.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should amend myself. I don't hate EIIs... they're like SEIs, they're sweet. Their philosophy just irritates me usually.