Thread: LSIs initiating contact

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LSIs initiating contact

the Wiki says "As introverts, IJs tend to be calm and relaxed about initiating relationships with other people, mostly assuming that others will take the initiative, but will be more inclined to try to make sure a relationship is maintained once established."

but I have known LSIs to initiate contact when they want someone. or maybe these are SLE-Tis I am seeing? i am wondering about the Ij description fitting in with Se creative function, they seem to contradict

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ladyinred View Post
    the Wiki says "As introverts, IJs tend to be calm and relaxed about initiating relationships with other people, mostly assuming that others will take the initiative, but will be more inclined to try to make sure a relationship is maintained once established."

but I have known LSIs to initiate contact when they want someone. or maybe these are SLE-Tis I am seeing? i am wondering about the Ij description fitting in with Se creative function, they seem to contradict
    you wonder, and ponder and think a lot.

but yah know what, doing like shit liek that doesn't help you meet people you gel with. it's better to just start with something, anything, and get rid of any kind of weird apprehensions and deducing from a distance and all that other bullshit. it all sounds like overcomplications, and overanalysing.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of the 3 (probable) LSI's I've known for long enough, 2 of them often initiated contact with people from what I've observed at least
    My dad (whose type I am confident of) would occasionally start-up small talk with strangers (especially if it was to complain about something , he seems to love having an audience for that); sometimes he'll (attempt) to say something humorous to random people like cashiers or waitresses and what not.
    The other LSI is a close friend of his who is a lot like him
    btw, if it means anything to you I think they're both "creative" subtypes if such is true

The one LSI I knew who was not socially initiative in the least was a guy in one of my classes who was basically the stereotypical angry, reserved LSI who always looked surly and never really spoke unless it was necessary
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Romantically, I've never really had to be the one to initiate so I just sit back and wait. I typically don't initiate, I'm super lazy.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first instinct is to say that I don't initiate contact with people. I laugh and joke with strangers, and talk to them or just smile or say "hi" far more than many of my friends, even those typing themselves as extroverts. I don't see myself as very sociable at all, and compared to a lot of people, I'm not, but I am friendlier and more sociable objectively than I subjectively feel. I do not go out of my way to talk to people though, and do not seek people out to befriend them. In that, I don't initiate at all.

Romantically, ahhh, if I want something, or someone, and see an opportunity to further myself towards that goal, I take it. I also have some obsessiveness and paranoia issues going on, lol, which is a horrible combination. It means that I can be rather heavy-handed, ha. What I'm beginning to realize is that most people are rather delicate, have a narrow band of real-life experience, and really can't handle very much. Knowing this, means that it's up to me to hold back to what a person can handle, which is different for each person you get to know, and with everyone, I'd better keep my paranoia to myself.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    My first instinct is to say that I don't initiate contact with people. I laugh and joke with strangers, and talk to them or just smile or say "hi" far more than many of my friends, even those typing themselves as extroverts. I don't see myself as very sociable at all, and compared to a lot of people, I'm not, but I am friendlier and more sociable objectively than I subjectively feel. I do not go out of my way to talk to people though, and do not seek people out to befriend them. In that, I don't initiate at all.

Romantically, ahhh, if I want something, or someone, and see an opportunity to further myself towards that goal, I take it. I also have some obsessiveness and paranoia issues going on, lol, which is a horrible combination. It means that I can be rather heavy-handed, ha. What I'm beginning to realize is that most people are rather delicate, have a narrow band of real-life experience, and really can't handle very much. Knowing this, means that it's up to me to hold back to what a person can handle, which is different for each person you get to know, and with everyone, I'd better keep my paranoia to myself.
    hi