Thread: Si in ESE's and EIE's

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Si in ESE's and EIE's

For those who don't want to read or didn't notice my type topic about a friend of mine, I'll ask the questions related to Si here because I'm a bit confused about how much focus on Si vs. strength in Si is relevant to type.

The other ESE I've known really well definitely focused on Si and was great at it. Great cook, very "care taking", pulled crazy stunts sometimes but never busted his shit, always VERY on top of day to day things. Is this typical ESE behavior? Or do some of them focus on it without really being all that good at it?

And does being a musical prodigy have anything to do with functional arrangement?

Here's the portion of my post in another topic that leads me to ask these questions:

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Si (or lack thereof?): This is where it gets tricky. He seems to focus a lot of Si stuff, but other than musical aptitude and a yet-to-be-fully-verified claims of mechanical genius (cars, construction, etc.), it feels like my Si is actually stronger than his? Like, he thinks he's a good cook, but um... ahem... about that............ And he does stupid shit like leaving food out all night instead of putting it back in the refrigerator. And he claims to like his living space to be spotless, but he leaves socks and other articles of clothing and garbage and paperwork and toiletries laying around. And I think he's been using MY shower towel lately. (wtf, mine is gray and his is red and he knows this.) And he totally procrastinates on chores that he's supposed to do. wtf, just get it done already. And he doesn't even rinse much less pre-wash his dirty dishes. He doesn't even And he takes pride in his coordination and athletic ability and whatnot, but there are times when I'm like "um no that's a bad idea" because I can clearly see that he's about to biff, but he hadn't seemed to think so. And he's got a bunch of old injuries to prove that he's not as good at not biffing as he seems to think he is, lol. And we went bowling and even as drunk off my ass as I was (barely able to walk straight), I was a better bowler than he was. He'd practically like, drop the ball right in the gutter, lol. It was cute though. But yeah, he had poor form. And he had been drinking but wasn't drunk. I will say that he is a musical genius, however. A prodigy from birth. Also, when I was SUPER sick (like, missed a week of work and I never do that kind of sick) and telling him repeatedly to stop showing me exciting shit on youtube both in music and extreme sports type stuff, but he was like "no you gotta see this!", getting me all pumped up and making it extremely difficult for me to just wind down and rest like I needed to. You'd think someone with strong Si would have been like "go relax and rest", you know? And he was giving me spicy ass food, lol. The way he was most helpful to me was when he was running errands. Also, when I'm not feeling well because I haven't eaten in too long, he doesn't seem to get at all that I need food now. Never says stuff like "let's get some food in you" or "you're dehydrated, drink some water". Never has health/comfort recommendations for me. Rarely makes food for me unless I ask him to or unless he's sharing his own weird-ass seasoned food with me. HOWEVER, he claims to be "in his element" not only when playing music, but also when he's working with his hands... specifically as a foreman on a construction site. And he used to be a deep sea welder. Also, he's got all kinds of health issues (including chronic pain from three sorta debilitating different conditions) but almost always refuses medication (other than weed) or supplements. He says "I know my body" or whatever, but I know he'd feel better if he'd just take the damn shit I'm telling him to take. Bottom line is that while he's extremely focused on Si stuff, I'm not really sure how strong it actually is.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah my ESE husband is WAY better at Si than that... and always has been, even when he was like 20 years old. So I dunno. Maybe he's EIE. Plus your relationship seems more like activity, imho.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd guess Si must be in his Super-Id block, that is, valued, but weak.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    yeah my ESE husband is WAY better at Si than that... and always has been, even when he was like 20 years old.
    Yeah, the guy is 28. And it's not like he's been living with his parents for the past 10 years. He should know how to take care of a house. I'm laying down the law today though. I'm getting all the dishes caught up, something he was supposed to do like 3 weeks ago (he's started on them a number of times but has never actually finished them) and I'm going to tell both him and my son that from now on, there is no such thing as a dirty dish in this house. Actually washing and rinsing a dish you've just used doesn't take much more effort than properly rinsing it, so make it happen. Never, ever, EVER leave a dirty dish on the counter or table or living room table or in the sink EVER again, dammit. And I'm going to be a nazi about enforcing this, too. I'm so sick of running out of clean dishes and not even having room to wash what you need because the sink is full of nasty ass dirty dishes that weren't even properly rinsed and have water just sitting in them growing bacteria and whatnot. I'm done with that shit. No more. And he'll feel bad enough that I did them when he was supposed to (and I've brought it up a few times and he said he would do them and never got more than a clean dish rack's worth done) that he'll definitely follow this rule and make sure my son does as well. And when they slip up on occasion they're gonna fucking hear about it.

Anyways...

So I dunno. Maybe he's EIE. Plus your relationship seems more like activity, imho.
    Just read the description. Yep, that's us. lol

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    I'd guess Si must be in his Super-Id block, that is, valued, but weak.
    Not possible. That would make him either Ti or Fi ego and such is definitely not the case. There's simply no way he's not Fe ego. And Si is definitely conscious.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just read the description. Yep, that's us. lol
    I even said to him a few days ago that I think we physically and mentally exhaust each other. Like, anytime we're both there it's so much fun and just too intense that we spend all of our energy just hanging out. He was like "I never thought about it" but had this "shitty, you might be right" look on his face. lol
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm laying down the law today though. I'm getting all the dishes caught up, something he was supposed to do like 3 weeks ago (he's started on them a number of times but has never actually finished them) and I'm going to tell both him and my son that from now on, there is no such thing as a dirty dish in this house. Actually washing and rinsing a dish you've just used doesn't take much more effort than properly rinsing it, so make it happen. Never, ever, EVER leave a dirty dish on the counter or table or living room table or in the sink EVER again, dammit. And I'm going to be a nazi about enforcing this, too. I'm so sick of running out of clean dishes and not even having room to wash what you need because the sink is full of nasty ass dirty dishes that weren't even properly rinsed and have water just sitting in them growing bacteria and whatnot. I'm done with that shit. No more. And he'll feel bad enough that I did them when he was supposed to (and I've brought it up a few times and he said he would do them and never got more than a clean dish rack's worth done) that he'll definitely follow this rule and make sure my son does as well. And when they slip up on occasion they're gonna fucking hear about it.
    And those two are gonna hear my definition of a "clean dish" while we're at it, too. It should look brand new inside and out. Even if you have to take comet to it.

lol I sound pissed but I'm actually not. The whole thing sorta amuses me, tbh. And I'm just glad that the dishes are finally getting done now (even if I'm the one who has to get us caught up).
    Last edited by Joy; 11-02-2010 at 06:30 PM.
    SEE

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those who don't want to read or didn't notice my type topic about a friend of mine, I'll ask the questions related to Si here because I'm a bit confused about how much focus on Si vs. strength in Si is relevant to type.

The other ESE I've known really well definitely focused on Si and was great at it. Great cook, very "care taking", pulled crazy stunts sometimes but never busted his shit, always VERY on top of day to day things. Is this typical ESE behavior? Or do some of them focus on it without really being all that good at it?

And does being a musical prodigy have anything to do with functional arrangement?
    ESE-Si behavior is: remembering and providing people with their favorite food, or gifts, making people feel comfortable; taking on maintenance tasks because "no one else will". In other words, Si is trying to create a stable atmosphere of pleasure and relaxation.

I don't know what it is exactly about Si that makes people aesthetically inclined, maybe they are more sensitive to stimuli? I like to say that Si creates 'atmospheric structure', always taking in the whole picture of an experience.

Also this is interesting to read.:
    Low Latent Inhibition - - The Therapy Website

Might be related to Si, or Ni.
    Last edited by EyeSeeCold; 11-02-2010 at 08:49 PM.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bleagh, this makes me reconsider someone's type. Anyway, I look forward to seeing where this goes, since I was also curious about Si in EIEs.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post

Also this is interesting to read.:
    Low Latent Inhibition - - The Therapy Website

Might be related to Si, or Ni.
    Ni

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh. Who cares about dirty dishes? Seriously. That = not even 1\4 as big a deal as you seem to be making it. Sigh. And no, musical ability has little if anything to do with Si. Of the musically talented people I know, types include SLE, SEI, IEI... Different types are going to emphasize different things, but any type can be good at music. For instance, many great composers were obvious Ti egos, i.e., weak and/or unvalued Si.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and what of his supposed mechanical aptitude? construction, fixing cars, etc?
    SEE

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Ni
    Not type related, actually, since I would seem to be one of those creative people afflicted with low latent inhibition, which actually explains quite a bit of how my mind works and why I experience some of the uncomfortable things I do.

EDIT

And is why I have represented & misunderstood myself to be a Ne base in the past. Essentially day-to-day I'm dealing with a stream of stimuli that are like they collide with my head and set of this cascade of associations. #1 reason I hate crowds is because eventually everyone starts looking to me like I've seen them somewhere before and it gives me a headache. Stupid little things will also jump out at me like seeing a minute movement out of the corner of my eye (I have very good passive and focused peripheral vision) and reflexively jerking to focus on it or being submerged involuntarily in really vivid daydreams or flashbacks that get triggered by stuff I see around me.

The worst of it is that my reality checking is exceptionally poor. Not only do I take dreams at face value even when I'm conscious and aware during them, but I have a very flimsy grasp on reality when I'm awake, and it just takes something out of the ordinary, unexpected, or not explicable by my laws of reality to make me seriously and deeply question whether I'm still awake and lucid and not insane or dreaming.

That and my divergent thinking, from what I understand of it, is rather good.. I've noticed that I very clearly don't seem to live on the same planet as other people when it comes to thinking about things. My natural mindset is what people with normal heads call "lateral thinking". This is because my mind is perpetually firing off a brazillion simultaneous associations and pretty much tripping over itself and falling in a heap. Do you know what it's like to think faster than you can think*? My own brain does things faster than I can consciously keep up with a lot of the time, so I often have to either rely on my intuition, spit out of my mouth what my brain spits into my consciousness, or do my best to keep up with my own thoughts with my own internal stenographic code.

*If you don't, it's like hearing your internal monologue speaking like a crowd all trying to talk over each other because you can't process your thoughts verbally at the rate that you're thinking them.

The only way I can keep up is by going through things in an abstract/spatial manner and just hurtle through the connections by intuition. (I think this is the same reason I can do algebra in my head really quickly, on an unrelated note).

So, no, not type related, and nothing of what I described has anything to do with Ne base or Ne/Ti ego.

IT'S NOT TYPE-RELATED AND YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW DIFFICULT AND STRESSFUL IT MAKES LIFE.

So go die for your shitty little two-letter response relegating something difficult like that to some abstract concept used in a model of information processing.

I hate you.

</exceptionally raw nerve>

On the plus side, I can brainstorm really easily, since it's just doing on paper what my brain is doing pretty much all the time anyway.
    Last edited by male; 11-03-2010 at 08:00 AM.