Thread: let's try this again (questions about Si primarily?)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default let's try this again (questions about Si primarily?)

He's DEFINITELY an E3, probably a 4 wing. sx/so.

Fe: Fe ego is as blatantly apparent as they come. He's like... pure Fe. Uses his emotions to make decisions. He changes his mind like he changes channels on the TV, and it's all based on his mood at the moment. He needs some stabilizing factor, it would seem. He's great at setting Fe atmospheres and encouraging specific Fe responses in others.

Ti: Like I said, he seems to need some kind of stabilizing factor. And he likes to be told what to do... only by very specific people though. And they have to catch him in the right mood. Exact quote: "If you ever want me to do something, just be like, 'I'm in a bitchy mood right now, and you know why? Because that's not done,' and I'll go do it."

Si (or lack thereof?): This is where it gets tricky. He seems to focus a lot of Si stuff, but other than musical aptitude and a yet-to-be-fully-verified claims of mechanical genius (cars, construction, etc.), it feels like my Si is actually stronger than his? Like, he thinks he's a good cook, but um... ahem... about that............ And he does stupid shit like leaving food out all night instead of putting it back in the refrigerator. And he claims to like his living space to be spotless, but he leaves socks and other articles of clothing and garbage and paperwork and toiletries laying around. And I think he's been using MY shower towel lately. (wtf, mine is gray and his is red and he knows this.) And he totally procrastinates on chores that he's supposed to do. wtf, just get it done already. And he doesn't even rinse much less pre-wash his dirty dishes. He doesn't even And he takes pride in his coordination and athletic ability and whatnot, but there are times when I'm like "um no that's a bad idea" because I can clearly see that he's about to biff, but he hadn't seemed to think so. And he's got a bunch of old injuries to prove that he's not as good at not biffing as he seems to think he is, lol. And we went bowling and even as drunk off my ass as I was (barely able to walk straight), I was a better bowler than he was. He'd practically like, drop the ball right in the gutter, lol. It was cute though. But yeah, he had poor form. And he had been drinking but wasn't drunk. I will say that he is a musical genius, however. A prodigy from birth. Also, when I was SUPER sick (like, missed a week of work and I never do that kind of sick) and telling him repeatedly to stop showing me exciting shit on youtube both in music and extreme sports type stuff, but he was like "no you gotta see this!", getting me all pumped up and making it extremely difficult for me to just wind down and rest like I needed to. You'd think someone with strong Si would have been like "go relax and rest", you know? And he was giving me spicy ass food, lol. The way he was most helpful to me was when he was running errands. Also, when I'm not feeling well because I haven't eaten in too long, he doesn't seem to get at all that I need food now. Never says stuff like "let's get some food in you" or "you're dehydrated, drink some water". Never has health/comfort recommendations for me. Rarely makes food for me unless I ask him to or unless he's sharing his own weird-ass seasoned food with me. HOWEVER, he claims to be "in his element" not only when playing music, but also when he's working with his hands... specifically as a foreman on a construction site. And he used to be a deep sea welder. Also, he's got all kinds of health issues (including chronic pain from three sorta debilitating different conditions) but almost always refuses medication (other than weed) or supplements. He says "I know my body" or whatever, but I know he'd feel better if he'd just take the damn shit I'm telling him to take. Bottom line is that while he's extremely focused on Si stuff, I'm not really sure how strong it actually is.

Se: idk. He talks like he's got strong Se, but I have yet to actually see anything resembling it from him. Just emotional outburts that could just be Fe? His ex-girlfriend told me that he was always the initiator with physical stuff, but um... that has never been and continues not to be my experience. There are other possible reasons for that though. Such as my having told him repeatedly that I always have to be the one to initiate stuff, haha. He does test me a lot though. And he sets up these situations or says sorta cryptic things that are invitations, if I'm not mistaken.

Ni: idk. I really don't. He's so emo () and often expresses his moods through music/lyrics. He says a lot without actually saying it. In his mind he's very poetic and always tells me that he strongly identifies with THE most IEI music ever. He does flat out say how he feels or what he things about things atm, but most of what I gather is based on how EXTREMELY emotionally expressive he is, even when he's sitting there doing nothing. He does seem to need help just "living in the moment" and enjoying it or taking it for fwiw instead of getting all wrapped up in what it means in his head. Sometimes he makes really stupid decisions though, and I'm like "what did you THINK was going to happen? seriously, how did you see this playing out???" bleh. like I said, idk.

Ne: again, idk. He seems so random sometimes, but I think it's because he just processes so much information so quickly and has little to no Ti, lol. He's not Ne ego, in any case. Definitely never talks about possibilities. He makes plans in his head or figures that things are going to go a certain way. He may change his mind or be wrong, but in any case I see no focus on Ne > Ni or Si.

Te: He claims to be a great/fast/smart worker, but I've not witnessed this. He certainly likes to see himself that way though.

Fi: sure? The DEFINITELY focuses WAY more on Fe though. I think Fi ignoring probably makes sense?

introversion vs. extroversion: He's socially extroverted and often hyperactive, but he spends more time inactive than active. And he needs time to himself or quiet time pretty frequently. For whatever amount of living in the outside world he does, he spends way more of his attention living in his head.

The above photo is him totally in his element.

This is just chill time.

This photo commemorates he and one of my best friends (SEE) finally making up. She really hated him for years. When they talked he told her that he was offended that he had apologized up and down for some shit that happened a while back and she had accepted his apology at the time, but she wasn't honoring it. She had apparently forgotten about it? lol

(upside down courtesy of my friend Stephanie )
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well this isn't going to be helpful for you, but ESE or EIE. lol The second pic is really cute.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's really cute.
    SEE

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about SEI or IEI?
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not ruling it out. But he's just so. damn. Fe.
    SEE

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Not ruling it out. But he's just so. damn. Fe.
    Well, Fe is Creative for SEI and IEI...Plus, you talk about how he seems to be more low-energy and introverted, so an IP type would make more sense than EJ, wouldn't it?
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and I don't know how this is related to his type, but he tends to be really avoidant. Seems to have trouble facing reality. Recently he was forced to when he got kicked out of where he was living (for good reason) and I was the only one he could call. He didn't know that I knew the WHOLE friggin story, and after I picked him up I asked him what happened. He started spinning this web of bullshit, and I pulled over and looked him dead in the eye and said in the most dead serious tone you'll ever hear that he can either tell me the truth or get to walkin. He fessed up. And then I made him fess up to some stuff that happened a couple/few months ago, too. Then we had a talk about how he avoids dealing with problems... always running and hiding. He said "I don't want to run or hide anymore". And he hasn't been. He's like a different person now. Taking responsibility for stuff and whatnot. I think I was the only one who was in a position to both give him the security and the push he needed to take that turn at the crossroads he was at. And he's helped me realize that I have drinking problem and has been super supportive and just challenging enough. He's been a great friend. We've been through a lot of shit together, and I think I'm probably the first friend like me he's ever had. And as a result he's learning how to be that kind of friend, too.

Needless to say, it's been a really crazy few months. >_<
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    Well, Fe is Creative for SEI and IEI...Plus, you talk about how he seems to be more low-energy and introverted, so an IP type would make more sense than EJ, wouldn't it?
    Possibly! He's so ADHD though... it's really hard to tell. Plus... IEI E3???
    SEE

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Definitely IEI

Edit: Perhaps EIE, but he reminds me of other IEIs I know, especially the avoidance.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but he's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO goddam Fe!
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyways, Beta NF it is.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's so fucking cute and fucking sexy as hell. But shit's all complicated and I have a good thing going here and don't want to fuck it up. A relationship is a no go.
    SEE

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He's so fucking cute and fucking sexy as hell. But shit's all complicated and I have a good thing going here and don't want to fuck it up. A relationship is a no go.
    What's the good thing?
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're exes. And it didn't go well in round one. This is the guy who you said "you re-typed him, the relationship is doomed" about in that other topic. Check that topic for info or PM me if you want to know more. Basically, now we're really good friends to each other, and we're pretty damn financially/practically dependent on each other, too. It's working well. Yeah, I've got feelings for him. And you could cut the sexual tension with a knife. But he seems to be an infatuation junkie and like I said, he changes his mind like he changes channels on the TV. And I want (need) this roommate thing to go off without a hitch.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iyflyufliyuf
    Last edited by Joy; 11-03-2010 at 06:43 PM.
    SEE

Creepy-bg

Basically, he's not relationship material. And he couldn't handle a "roommates with benefits" situation. Plus I've got a prospect and a half in the works. >_< (Both female.) But damn. He and I have such awesome chemistry. Am I masochist or otherwise insane???
    just human. :wink:

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Basically, he's not relationship material. And he couldn't handle a "roommates with benefits" situation. Plus I've got a prospect and a half in the works. >_< (Both female.) But damn. He and I have such awesome chemistry. Am I masochist or otherwise insane???
    Tough situation. At least it can be good to have options imo!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pretty please delete those quotes *japanese style bow*
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe he is IEI. Just a super duper Fe E3 one??? Trying to decide if a Si Role and Te PoLR makes more sense. Yesterday he got to hear/see my super serious scary voice/face again. (Same thing from when I told him to tell me the truth or get to walkin.) I don't remember the last time, if ever, I've used it on anyone else. And it wasn't over anything malicious, just a really stupid little mistake that could have had EXTREMELY serious consequences. It seemed a very Te PoLR thing to do?

And from the beginning the "feel" about him reminded me a lot of my Fe-IEI friend but not at all of my EIE friends (who very much remind me of each other).

Fuck this shit.
    SEE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck this shit.

that's a great pic of him.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

indeed

:wgaf:

(lol just wanted to use that emoticon)
    SEE