Thread: Real World Descriptions: Submissions and Discussion

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Real World Descriptions: Submissions and Discussion

This thread is for people to describe types based on real people that they have met and know in real life. Discussion of these descriptions is also encouraged here. Anyone may submit their own perspective on people of a type, but we ask that you try to give a complete and thorough explanation. You can base your description on however many people of that type you know, but remember that it must be based on real world examples so obviously if you haven't met anyone of a type, you won't be able to describe them using this method. We just ask that you try and take this seriously as it will be compared to other's descriptions in attempts to find correlations between descriptions.

Base the descriptions on people you are reasonably sure are that type. Obviously we have no way of checking your typings, so the benefit of the doubt will be given at the reader's discretion. Try to give balanced descriptions. Mention all the good and the bad sides. Try to avoid use of socionics terms and don't feel limited by things which may or may not be type related. They should sound like the real people they are describing. Other than that, please feel free to describe anything you think is relevant. (character traits, physical traits, mannerisms, quirks, etc) Any similarities you see between multiple typings or significant traits of single typings are welcome. You can describe each person individually or describe the common characteristics of all the people you know of that type in one description, or combine both. Feel free to give any personal/subjective thoughts about them, and be as non-politically correct as you think is fitting. Just remember to aim for balance.

**After your description, please state the number of people you know in real life that are that type and your type**

Ex: [3 typings, Azeroffs LIE]

This may help readers understand your perspective and give a certain weight to your descriptions especially if you're describing common characteristics between typings.

All the descriptions will be organized into their respective types and be presented on the website for people to read. You may request to change your descriptions if you want to make any major changes or additions.
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 05-30-2011 at 09:05 PM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Real World Descriptions

These are descriptions of real people who have been typed by users here on The16types.

Alpha Quadra

Beta Quadra

Gamma Quadra

Delta Quadra
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 11-01-2010 at 06:31 PM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTp
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTj
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFj
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFp
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTp
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTj

-------------------------

Type description: My father- LSI
    Me: EII
    Intertype relationship: Super-ego

Bulbous body and face with semi-protruding eyes. Stiff yet somewhat languid mannerisms though can be quite rough in his movements, walking “heavily” as if baring all his force down. His natural harshness is also observable when dealing with objects in his surroundings; example: when taking dishes or other articles from the cupboards he takes little care for the delicacy of the surrounding items, forcefully removing one from under another, creating unsettling noises while showing little regard for doing so.

His disposition is variable but not sudden. When quiet and monotonous he tends to convey an apathetic, cold, temperament; he is often highly critical in this state and will freely and unapologetically comment on his disgust for an array of people (individual or group)/beliefs/statements, etc. These comments are generally quite blunt (i.e. “Stupid!” “idiots“) in which after making them he’ll descend back into his state of taciturn.
    When in a more energetic or highly irritable state he will vocalize his criticisms in a more prolonged and passionate manner, often gesticulation is used. He also becomes very repetitive (he is so in general, but this becomes more obviously noticeable when he’s angry) often stating the same or strikingly similar point over and over as if the listener had not heard or understood what was said the first 4 times…
    I would say his tone is quite contemptuous and spiteful as if he was lacking in humanity; although I sense that he isn’t antisocial, rather he has a very delicate ideology of how things should be, including people, and those that stand outside his dogmatic like sense of appropriateness are quickly scorned and blacklisted, so to speak
    Despite this, when he is in a more positive mood he is often quite amicable and patient, easily allowing negativity from others to fall off his back as if it had no affect on him whatsoever. He can be quite jovial in this state, laughing and smiling with full vigour. He can also be quite communicative in a friendly manner, often even initiating small talk with people for brief moments. It isn’t rare for him to still be critical in this state, although he seems to be oblivious to his projective negativity when doing so, as if his statement where all matter or fact/common knowledge and thus should only be viewed as expressed truths. When arguing against his criticisms he will often bat them off in a nonchalant manner making comments like, “you don’t know what you’re talking about”, “no, no, no” in a very cavalier tone.

He has a very blunt and confident disposition towards what he believes to be true in general, which seems to be bolstered by a suspicion of anything that may come into contention with him, as if the sheer fact that someone doesn’t agree with him is proof alone of their unreliability and general incompetence in understanding.
    In spite of his general impenetrable stubbornness he is a naturally hardworking provider who tries to project the image of a responsible, reliable family man and generally lives up to those ideals, and despite our mass differences and his obtrusiveness I still have respect for him

[3 typings, Marie84 EII]

Last edited by Azeroffs; 11-05-2010 at 02:36 AM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFj
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFp
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFp
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFj
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTj
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTp

My husband is ILI.

He is a media junkie. This means he loves to read anything and everything, watch anything and everything, and listen to anything and everything. Oh, and he also loves to play computer and video games. If there is a computer or television on in the room, he can’t seem to help but look at it. And he gets so hyper-focused that it often takes physical contact to break him away.

He loves information in all forms (see above). He is a storehouse of interesting (often useless, but nonetheless interesting) facts, concepts, ideas. Almost every day he comes home from work with something new to share. He is a good listener when I need him to be, as long as the television is off.

He has good goals and visions, but lacks the drive to fulfill them on his own. He is also good with details, but only if they are relevant to what he wants to accomplish. He does not do well when rushed through a project, but prefers to be thorough and take his time to do things right.

He is a homebody; he’d rather be at home than anywhere else. To get him to leave the house for anything takes a lot of prodding. He often talks about doing something productive, but rarely follows through if left to himself.

He makes a good handyman, if and when he cares to be. Often when faced with the prospect of developing or practicing an applied skill, he’ll say “Oh I could do that.” But then, he never actually does it, or it will take him days or weeks to get around to finally fixing or building something that could have been done a long time ago. But he will feel insulted if anyone tries to jump in and do a job that he was planning to do himself.

He tends to dwell on mistakes of the past. Hindsight is of course 20/20, and he’s only human; yet he somehow seems to expect himself to be better than the average person when it comes to foreseeing unfortunate events. He can be very hard on himself.

His emotional expression is rare but always genuine. He does not fake emotions; and on the rare occasion when he tries, he fails miserably. Not that he always wears his heart on his sleeve, however. His feelings run deep, but not apparent. He also takes emotional commitment very seriously, and will not commit himself to a relationship that does not first make sense to him intellectually, socially, and spiritually.

He is open-minded and flexible, but he can also be decisive when he needs to be.

His motto is “be prepared.” And he is. For anything. He carries as much stuff in his pants pockets as the typical woman carries in her purse. There have been many times when I have asked him for chapstick, or lotion, or spare change, and he has had it.

He is pretty selfless with the people he loves. He does worry about the future, and therefore can be rather tight with money and other resources. But whenever I have explained to him the need for something, he is willing to consider and will often give in to my judgment, particularly when it comes to the kids or running the household. He is willing to pay a little extra for quality products, but also does a lot of research before buying something to get a good deal. He keeps his own physical needs simple, in part because he takes his responsibility to care for his wife and children so seriously. He will sacrifice his own wellbeing before he will endanger ours. When a loved one suffers, he suffers.

He is a supportive spouse. He supports me in anything that I want to do. Though because I know this is true, I try not to take too much advantage of his selflessness. I know he also has needs, particularly the need for time alone to unwind and "goof off" as he calls it, which I do my best to provide. But he is also good about spending quality time with me and with our sons.

[1 typing, pianosinger IEE]

Last edited by Azeroffs; 11-01-2010 at 09:36 PM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFp
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFj
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTj
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Type description: My father- LSI
    Me: EII
    Intertype relationship: Super-ego

Bulbous body and face with semi-protruding eyes. Stiff yet somewhat languid mannerisms though can be quite rough in his movements, walking “heavily” as if baring all his force down. His natural harshness is also observable when dealing with objects in his surroundings; example: when taking dishes or other articles from the cupboards he takes little care for the delicacy of the surrounding items, forcefully removing one from under another, creating unsettling noises while showing little regard for doing so.

His disposition is variable but not sudden. When quiet and monotonous he tends to convey an apathetic, cold, temperament; he is often highly critical in this state and will freely and unapologetically comment on his disgust for an array of people (individual or group)/beliefs/statements, etc. These comments are generally quite blunt (i.e. “Stupid!” “idiots“) in which after making them he’ll descend back into his state of taciturn.
    When in a more energetic or highly irritable state he will vocalize his criticisms in a more prolonged and passionate manner, often gesticulation is used. He also becomes very repetitive (he is so in general, but this becomes more obviously noticeable when he’s angry) often stating the same or strikingly similar point over and over as if the listener had not heard or understood what was said the first 4 times…
    I would say his tone is quite contemptuous and spiteful as if he was lacking in humanity; although I sense that he isn’t antisocial, rather he has a very delicate ideology of how things should be, including people, and those that stand outside his dogmatic like sense of appropriateness are quickly scorned and blacklisted, so to speak
    Despite this, when he is in a more positive mood he is often quite amicable and patient, easily allowing negativity from others to fall off his back as if it had no affect on him whatsoever. He can be quite jovial in this state, laughing and smiling with full vigour. He can also be quite communicative in a friendly manner, often even initiating small talk with people for brief moments. It isn’t rare for him to still be critical in this state, although he seems to be oblivious to his projective negativity when doing so, as if his statement where all matter or fact/common knowledge and thus should only be viewed as expressed truths. When arguing against his criticisms he will often bat them off in a nonchalant manner making comments like, “you don’t know what you’re talking about”, “no, no, no” in a very cavalier tone.

He has a very blunt and confident disposition towards what he believes to be true in general, which seems to be bolstered by a suspicion of anything that may come into contention with him, as if the sheer fact that someone doesn’t agree with him is proof alone of their unreliability and general incompetence in understanding.
    In spite of his general impenetrable stubbornness he is a naturally hardworking provider who tries to project the image of a responsible, reliable family man and generally lives up to those ideals, and despite our mass differences and his obtrusiveness I still have respect for him

I think that I've know two other people to be of this type, at least knew them enough to believe they're of the same type
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired