Thread: Why the LII is called "Analyst" and the ILI "Critic"

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why the LII is called "Analyst" and the ILI "Critic"

LII = static*result*asking = priotities*priorities*priorities.
    ILI = dynamic*process*declaring = details*details*details.

Static types tend to think about the most important points. They are not much interested in the intermediate steps.
    Result types are inclined to always work on the things with the highest priority. Therefore they often jump from one thing to another, depending on what has the highest priority at that moment.
    Asking types often interrupt other persons because they what to hear what is improtant immediately.

Dynamictypes tend to think about the question how one thing leads to another. They are not much interesting in geralizing and summerizing.
    Processtypes are inclined to work on one thing until they have finished it. Then they move to the next.
    Asking types normally wait until their interlocutor has finished his whole speech. Then they return a long speech themselves and don't want to be interrupted.

If you want to be an Analyst, you have to focus on the most important points everywhere. Thinking about the most important points (static), working on the most important tasks(result), talking about the most important matters (asking).

If you want to be an Critic, you have to focus on the details everywhere. Thinking about the question how one thing leads to another (dynamic), working on one task until it is done (process), just listening until the interlocutor has finished his speech (declaring).

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you. Good article.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice explanation. I think the names were badly chosen in the first place. ILI could be just as much of an analyst as LII could be a critic, the titles aren't really tendency-specific.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well they're both by nature analytical and critical. Hell, intuitive-thinking essentially says analytical right there, but that might just be my socionics view of them speaking...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDo View Post
    Asking types often interrupt other persons because they what to hear what is improtant immediately.

Asking types normally wait until their interlocutor has finished his whole speech. Then they return a long speech themselves and don't want to be interrupted.
    This puzzles me because it doesn't seem to support duality (Asking/Declaring differs between duals and not conflictors, but the stated descriptions are of conflicting behaviors).

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari