Thread: Neurotic Fi PoLR? Or pure craziness?

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Neurotic Fi PoLR? Or pure craziness?

I saw an interesting movie. Consider the following scenario.

Let's say someone has a dream where the reality they are in constantly changes, like having a dream in a dream. The dream within a dream is the part that changes the original dream and forces the participants to play a war-like survival game in whatever atmosphere that randomly takes shape. When these games end, everyone dead or injured stays that way and they go back to the original dream reality. Although because this is a dream they all think the original dream reality is reality.

Then let's say that one of the participants is told that after their next game their mother will die within a day of the conclusion of the game and that it will be her choice to decide when she will die if she doesn't want to wait the whole day (she is supposed to know where and how to go to die painlessly and instantly). Let's say that the participant considers this family member to be the only person that's never abandoned them.

So the game ends and the participant doesn't seem to really care much that this family member will die or in other words doesn't see death as a bad thing or a fearful thing, for whatever reasons. So unconcerned he becomes preoccupied right after the game with something and finds later that his mother is walking towards a lake and won't respond to his voice. She then jumps into the lake with her back facing him and with almost no sound of a splash. She disappears and he realizes she is gone and didn't even care to say goodbye. The character becomes filled with anxiety and shock and is only then filled with fear.

Is this a good example of Fi PoLR?

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that not caring about someone close until they're gone or it's too late is an Fi-PoLR theme.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    I believe that not caring about someone close until they're gone or it's too late is an Fi-PoLR theme.
    It works the same way for the mobilizing function. At least ILIs...at least me.

Because of my Ni I don't really live in the present, in fact I would say I don't even exist on normal the time plane when I am immersed in something. I live off of what I perceive mentally and not other sensory data so if you still exist in my mind then I don't register you as gone yet. But then when I come back down to my senses and realize you are actually gone and have been for quite some time, I'm liable to break down because of the backed up emotions. In the case that you return soon, my mind just jumps through the space-time continuum and I arrive mentally the same time you get there. So no time was ever passed, while you left.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ *Bites clipper off pencil and screams*

Hmm, that's a good point. I've read about ILI having their Fi manifest in this way if it is neglected.

But if it's not neglected you won't usually have this problem, right? At least, that's what it definitely seems like, in general. Whereas EXTps are kind of never really in sync, almost as if everything can just wait until something gets done...but nothing truly waits.

Am I being too vague and general?