Thread: Where are all the Gammas?

Creepy-Snaps

Default Where are all the Gammas?

Come on, I can't be the only person to notice this:

Alpha Quadra: Threads 1,488; Posts 34,055
    Beta Quadra: Threads 1,249; Posts 34,583
    Gamma Quadra: Threads 554; Posts 16,603
    Delta Quadra: Threads 1,156; Posts 38,825

(Numbers taken as of 10/30/2010, but they haven't drastically changed in the 2 months I've been here)

What logically explains this? Are Gammas in general less interested in socionics? I couldn't find a breakdown of how common each of the 16 types are, maybe Gammas are equally interested in socionics but just less common than other personality types? Are Gammas equally interested in socionics, equally as common as other types, but just less likely to post in their individual quadra forum as opposed to general forums? Based on some quadra value? Are Gammas equally interested in socionics, equally common as other types, but less likely to post in general, because of a lack of desire to connect with other people and share their experiences? Related to some Feeling function? Less likely to go to a 'forum' with other people, and more naturally independent in figuring things out, finding information, etc.?

Aren't Gammas normally go-getters in real life/careers? Maybe in general they are less likely to join an internet discussion forum, seeing it as a waste of time? Maybe there are more likely to join a different discussion forum as opposed to this one? Maybe they don't like the layout or the colors blue and white in general? Maybe Gammas are equally interested in socionics, equally as common as other types, equally desire to connect to others, equally value internet forums, equally enjoy this particular discussion forum, but happen to be the most commonly mistyped personality types, so people are more likely to post in different quadras, thinking it is their own, as opposed to their own Gamma quadra forum? Can some quadra value explain that hypothesis, that they don't understand themselves as well as other quadras, so they get mistyped a lot? It's a long-shot of an idea to explain the lack of Gammas...

I could go on and think of many possible different explanations, but the question remains... why does the Gamma quadra forum have less than 50% of the the threads/posts than the other quadras have? It bothers me that it seems a whole quarter of the personality types aren't truly being represented. Where do you think all the Gammas are?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good question. I'm also curious to the answer.

My guess is that they are just not really interested in the gamma section.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, probably there's more interest in the General Discussion and Anything Goes sections. There has been a good number of gamma posters with high post count (me included).
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't remember when the Gamma subforum has been this busy, actually, at least compared to a while back when it would go sometimes weeks without a single post
    But yeah, Gamma's are probably the least active Quadra on this site; even a lot of the ones who have actively posted in the past have seemed to tire of this place
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Creepy-Korpsey

The SEEs are out partying, the ESIs are cleaning their houses, the ILIs are staring off into space, and the LIEs are pissing up ropes.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gamma people are just the rarest here at the16types, that's all. But other than that, there's so much less drama in our quadra compared to the others, so we don't need so many threads.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...forum-why.html

Gammas aren't really into chatty/BS type things, so that's probably a lot of it.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Gamma people are just the rarest here at the16types, that's all. But other than that, there's so much less drama in our quadra compared to the others, so we don't need so many threads.
    Hey, Alpha is a drama-free zone. It's just people like walking inside with their drama shoes on

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevENTj View Post
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...forum-why.html

Gammas aren't really into chatty/BS type things, so that's probably a lot of it.
    Mostly this imo. I think there are exceptions for the SF variety, but they're busy having real lives.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the grandmas died.