not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My son

He's only 3 and a half, but...any thoughts? I'm thinking he might be either ENFp or ENTp...or maybe an ESp...

Sorry it's so dark...

My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Creepy-Snaps

I would guess ESTp. There doesn't seem much to suggest intuitive, any excitement for abstract ideas or possibilities, but he seems to get quite excited to throw the cards around and trying to catch them at the end, enjoying the different colors, talking gibberish, etc. Those are all exploring the world in a physical sense.

Remarkably he reminds me of my college roommate I had typed as ESTp. But he's still only 3 and a half. But take my vote with a grain of salt, I'm still new to socionics. It's my understanding though that ENTp and ENFp children are usually a bit quieter, love to read, and not as hyperactive. This guy does have a lot of energy though, at least in this clip.

Looks like you're a good mother helping him learn his letters/sounds. He'll be at an advantage to other kids when he starts school. And good patience with all the messes lol. Do you try to get him to help you clean up at all?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

an XXFp type
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I saw your first video, I half jokingly thought "her boy is probably Se-base." I kinda like that typing.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Some sort of Exxp would be my guess. Your son is adorable! Great video.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha that was cute, i'd guess ESFp or ESTp

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol I think he might be estp too, I feel very balanced and happy when I'm watching him. But all kids are cute like that so I don't know.

I say either enfp, entp or estp. Esfp maybe too. I think ep energy tho.

He's gonna fall in romantic love with an ip girl when he gets older, just you watch. =p

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After due consideration, Se-base does make a lot more sense than Ne-base.

F vs. T is harder to pinpoint...though, he does have a lot of emotional expression, and he seems to enjoy invoking an emotional response in others.

That would be interesting if he did turn out to be ESFp; then he'd be my look-a-like and Daddy's dual
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    though, he does have a lot of emotional expression, and he seems to enjoy invoking an emotional response in others.
    Just fyi, that could also be Fe-HA. I don't know if it would manifest at such a young age, but it's just something to keep in mind I guess. I suggest keeping a look out for things that might indicate Ti or Fi.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    Just fyi, that could also be Fe-HA. I don't know if it would manifest at such a young age, but it's just something to keep in mind I guess. I suggest keeping a look out for things that might indicate Ti or Fi.
    Duly noted
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since I have some time this morning, some other observations about my son...

Lately he's taken to saying to me and Daddy, "I love you...but sometimes you yell at me and it makes me sad."

Once in a while he will come to a realization about something and seemingly out of nowhere comment on it. Like, the other day he said to me, "Thunder is a bad thing that happens to the world!"

We like to take walks, and at one point on the way to the mall there's this short wall painted yellow, and my son calls it a "big cheese."

He is not at all shy about performing in front of people. He loves to make people laugh.

This one really distresses me...Whenever he gets aggressive with his baby brother and I ask him why, he says "because I like to."

He likes to do the same things over and over. He plays with the same toys, in the same way every time. Whenever he comes across a dandelion in the grass that has gone to seed, he has to pick it and he'll say "a-bra-ca-dabra!" and wave the dandelion so the seeds go flying; he cannot pass up a single opportunity to do this. He'll take notice of every single fire hydrant. He wants me to read every single sign to him.

He thinks with his stomach lol He comes up to me in the morning and says, "My tummy says I'm hungry." Or he's even appealed to his tummy for other things, like "My tummy says I'm in the mood of watching a movie!" As if I'm more likely to listen to his tummy...
    My life's work (haha):